“The Physical Set-Up is a Little Different/Good Fitness Center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California
“The Physical Set-Up is a Little Different/Good Fitness Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

For the past three years I have been traveling to Arlington to participate in a committee meeting for my professional organization. This was the first year that they arranged for us to stay at the Le Meridien. Since the organization pays the hotel expenses I cannot comment on the value for the dollar spent since I don't know what kind of rate was negotiated.

The reason for the above title is that when you enter the main doors of the hotel you need to take the elevator up to the 4th floor to check in. Although it is a little strange all the pre-arrival information I was given makes it clear as to where you need to go. Also a little strange is that the upper floors of the buidling are condos so you do have full time residents using the elevators, first floor and parking.

When I reached check-in the staff was efficient and courteous. They got me checked-in and to my room right away. The fourth floor is also where you find the hotel's lobby, bar and resturant. The had a nice wine reception in the late afternoon on the day of my arrival in the lobby area.

The room was very spacious, clean and well designed. I had a view of the Potomac River from my room. The bed was very comfortable and the climate control was easy enough for those of us who have had trouble at other hotels with getting the room temps right.

I used the fitness all three days of my stay. Unlike many hotel fitness centers this room had plenty of equipment and includes weight machines as well as free weights. Ample treadmills, crosstrainers and staionary cycles. The machines and room were clean and all cardio machines come with TV (they have a supply of clean headsets). Ample towels and ample water on hand. Because there were a number of cardio machines I didn't have t get up at the crack of dawn to make sure I got in a workout.

Finally the location is good as it is walking distance to Georgetown. and the subway station is two blocks up and one block over. I would recommend this hotel for anyone with business in Arlington, Georgetown or D.C.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear EdandMarna,

Thank you so much for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington. Very glad that you enjoyed your first visit at the Le Meridien and enjoyed your work out in our fitness center. Please visit us again soon. Thank you for your business.

Allan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Athens, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel used to be a Kimpton Hotel. I loved it as a Kimpton and was unsure of whether I'd like it as Le Meridien. When I arrived, Adeel greeted me, checked me in, made special morning coffee accommodations for my vegan diet, and made me feel welcome. He also kept in touch throughout my stay to make sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. My stay was perfect, and I recommend Le Meridien to anyone staying in Arlington/Rosslyn, VA. If you are lucky, Adeel will be there to greet you as well! The hotel has a nice fitness center. One minus was the hotel restaurant. It's not as good as the previous restaurant; so I'd recommend looking for alternative dining.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Babs M,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and Adeel made your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for visiting us.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Booked this hotel through HotWire on our way across the country. Relatively easy to find, and very nice hotel. We had a lovely room with huge windows facing the river and Georgetown across the bridge. The front desk staff were extremely friendly, and even gave us a room on the highest floor possible when my fiance requested it. The hotel is a two minute walk from the metro, and there are great places to eat right down the street. My only complaint is the parking situation. When we first pulled up at the hotel, a man walked up to our car and asked for our keys. He did not have a uniform on, and told us that we were not allowed to park our car ourselves. Obviously, with no uniform on, and no clear indication that he worked for the hotel, we were very suspicious. My fiance ended up waiting downstairs while I went upstairs and checked-in and asked about parking. It turns out that for one price you can park your car at a garage down the street, but the garage closes and you cannot get it out once it is in until you are leaving the hotel. The other option is to pay extra for valet service in order to take the car in and out during your stay. Really it was all just pretty confusing. As I said, the hotel itself is lovely, and not very expensive, but the valet should probably wear at least a name tag so that it doesn't seem that someone is trying to steal your car. Also, suprise! if you log onto the open wireless network from your room the hotel tracks the signal and charges you without warning. Apart from those two things, however, it was all very nice.

Room Tip: Since they do not have city views, ask for a room facing the river/georgetown. Huge windows, really...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Living-Dahntahn,

Thank you so much for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington. Please visit us again soon.

Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here and was very impressed. I was able to find this place off a great deal from Hotwire. The hotel is right on the Potomac and is very close to the Rosslyn metro rail. Restaurants are also near and had to trouble finding a quick bite. Parking is easy and accessible underneath the hotel itself.
The staff was very welcoming and friendly when we walked in to check in. One of the men was very kind and greeted us every time we walked by. My room was clean and was nice. The bathroom was clean with no mess. The beds were to die for, extremely comfortable and had no problem getting a good nights rest. I had a view of the Washington monument from my room.

I also used their fitness facility which was nice with treadmills, ellipticalls, a few weights and a couple machines. Overall a great place with great proximity to downtown dc. I will try to visit again.

• Stayed April 2013
The Michigan Traveller,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm very glad that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and you find the hotel convenient and clean. Please visit us again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. I had found this hotel off of hotels.com and was not disappointed. The hotel was modern and warm. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. When we checked in, Adeel moved us to a deluxe room on one of the higher floors. He was very friendly and provided maps of the area. The hotel shares its space with some condos and as such, you will find elevators/areas for hotel guests and elevators for residents. The fitness room is hands down one of the best I've used while staying in Washington DC. Many cardio machines and free weights/weight machines are available. Like with most DC area hotels, internet access is not free. It is situated on the third floor and looks out over the business area of Arlington. The hotel is about two-three blocks from the Rosslyn metro stop. This is extremely convenient as it is only about a 10-minute ride away from Reagan (DCA) airport via the Metro Blue Line or a 5-10 minute ride into downtown DC attractions via the Blue or Orange line. If you are flying in/out of Dulles, the shuttle bus picks you up two blocks away outside of the Rosslyn metro stop. The hotel is very close to the Key Bridge, which drops you directly onto the west end of M-Street (Georgetown). This is a very do-able walk (10-15 minutes) that gives you some excellent views as you cross the river. For runners, you are located closely to all the running trails that line the Potomac. There is no better way to start the day than with a run that passes all the major monuments before the crowds get there. When I return to DC I will definitely book at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jacyln M,

Thank you for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington. I'm glad that you find the hotel convenient and enjoyed your work out in our fitness center. Thank you for your business and we can't wait to have you back.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month for two nights. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly. The hotel is very close from the Rosslyn metro station, which was really convenient for getting to and from both the airport and the Mall for most of the attractions, as well as Old Town (a 10-15 minute ride to most). The metro is easy to navigate and being this close to it has to be one of the biggest draws. It seems to be located in a business district , so it was very quiet most times and I honestly didn't explore the neighborhood much since I was mostly in DC itself. There seems to be a number of restaurants close by as well as your usual fast food places,so if you're inclined to stay in the area, there won't be a shortage of places to eat.The hotel is accessed by elevator to the 4th-floor lobby, then again by elevator to the rooms. We loved the European feel of the hotel, the in-house bar/restaurant "Amuse," and found the decor aesthetically acceptable.
From that point forward I now go out of my way to book nights at this hotel just to relax and regain my piece of mind. Just check in, drop your things, take a nice hot shower, then go downstairs for a good meal in their restaurant or sit by the fireplace with a well mixed drink and ponder. Their full service bar is awesome and the bar staff is always so friendly and helpful
We wanted to give a Kudos to Tee (If i am not wrong). I spoke to him a few times prior to our arrival. As soon as we arrived he knew exactly who I was and remembered our conversations. He was EXTREMELY helpful and super friendly throughout our entire stay.
This is a fabulous hotel with the best staff. When we come back to DC in the fall - it is a GIVEN that we will stay at Le Meridien in Arlington! Thank you for a great experience!

Room Tip: ***Pick thr water view room**
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Jasmine B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at theLe Meridien Arlington. Thank you for staying with us.

Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at the former Palomar in 2009. Back then, I loved it and since I had things to do in Arlington I decided to give it a try.

Perfect choice. This hotel is such a hidden gem. Location: great, next to the Rosslyn stop and 5-minute away from georgetown. Rooms: spacious and clean...and i mean really clean. They have a wine reception in the afternoon and complimentary wi fi in the lobby. Large variety of things at breakfast, including fresh eggs. For me it's a must. Good capucino.

I did have dinner there and wasnt too impressed but just around the corner there is my favourite Chopt salad bar.

Wonderfu hotel, wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MarieChristina,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for coming back.
We look forward having you again soon.

Thank you for your business.

Allan

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!