“Great Hotel. Just across the river from downtown dc.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #23 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Plymouth, Michigan
“Great Hotel. Just across the river from downtown dc.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here and was very impressed. I was able to find this place off a great deal from Hotwire. The hotel is right on the Potomac and is very close to the Rosslyn metro rail. Restaurants are also near and had to trouble finding a quick bite. Parking is easy and accessible underneath the hotel itself.
The staff was very welcoming and friendly when we walked in to check in. One of the men was very kind and greeted us every time we walked by. My room was clean and was nice. The bathroom was clean with no mess. The beds were to die for, extremely comfortable and had no problem getting a good nights rest. I had a view of the Washington monument from my room.

I also used their fitness facility which was nice with treadmills, ellipticalls, a few weights and a couple machines. Overall a great place with great proximity to downtown dc. I will try to visit again.

• Stayed April 2013
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
The Michigan Traveller,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm very glad that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and you find the hotel convenient and clean. Please visit us again soon.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. I had found this hotel off of hotels.com and was not disappointed. The hotel was modern and warm. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. When we checked in, Adeel moved us to a deluxe room on one of the higher floors. He was very friendly and provided maps of the area. The hotel shares its space with some condos and as such, you will find elevators/areas for hotel guests and elevators for residents. The fitness room is hands down one of the best I've used while staying in Washington DC. Many cardio machines and free weights/weight machines are available. Like with most DC area hotels, internet access is not free. It is situated on the third floor and looks out over the business area of Arlington. The hotel is about two-three blocks from the Rosslyn metro stop. This is extremely convenient as it is only about a 10-minute ride away from Reagan (DCA) airport via the Metro Blue Line or a 5-10 minute ride into downtown DC attractions via the Blue or Orange line. If you are flying in/out of Dulles, the shuttle bus picks you up two blocks away outside of the Rosslyn metro stop. The hotel is very close to the Key Bridge, which drops you directly onto the west end of M-Street (Georgetown). This is a very do-able walk (10-15 minutes) that gives you some excellent views as you cross the river. For runners, you are located closely to all the running trails that line the Potomac. There is no better way to start the day than with a run that passes all the major monuments before the crowds get there. When I return to DC I will definitely book at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jacyln M,

Thank you for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington. I'm glad that you find the hotel convenient and enjoyed your work out in our fitness center. Thank you for your business and we can't wait to have you back.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month for two nights. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly. The hotel is very close from the Rosslyn metro station, which was really convenient for getting to and from both the airport and the Mall for most of the attractions, as well as Old Town (a 10-15 minute ride to most). The metro is easy to navigate and being this close to it has to be one of the biggest draws. It seems to be located in a business district , so it was very quiet most times and I honestly didn't explore the neighborhood much since I was mostly in DC itself. There seems to be a number of restaurants close by as well as your usual fast food places,so if you're inclined to stay in the area, there won't be a shortage of places to eat.The hotel is accessed by elevator to the 4th-floor lobby, then again by elevator to the rooms. We loved the European feel of the hotel, the in-house bar/restaurant "Amuse," and found the decor aesthetically acceptable.
From that point forward I now go out of my way to book nights at this hotel just to relax and regain my piece of mind. Just check in, drop your things, take a nice hot shower, then go downstairs for a good meal in their restaurant or sit by the fireplace with a well mixed drink and ponder. Their full service bar is awesome and the bar staff is always so friendly and helpful
We wanted to give a Kudos to Tee (If i am not wrong). I spoke to him a few times prior to our arrival. As soon as we arrived he knew exactly who I was and remembered our conversations. He was EXTREMELY helpful and super friendly throughout our entire stay.
This is a fabulous hotel with the best staff. When we come back to DC in the fall - it is a GIVEN that we will stay at Le Meridien in Arlington! Thank you for a great experience!

Room Tip: ***Pick thr water view room**
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Jasmine B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at theLe Meridien Arlington. Thank you for staying with us.

Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at the former Palomar in 2009. Back then, I loved it and since I had things to do in Arlington I decided to give it a try.

Perfect choice. This hotel is such a hidden gem. Location: great, next to the Rosslyn stop and 5-minute away from georgetown. Rooms: spacious and clean...and i mean really clean. They have a wine reception in the afternoon and complimentary wi fi in the lobby. Large variety of things at breakfast, including fresh eggs. For me it's a must. Good capucino.

I did have dinner there and wasnt too impressed but just around the corner there is my favourite Chopt salad bar.

Wonderfu hotel, wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MarieChristina,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for coming back.
We look forward having you again soon.

Thank you for your business.

Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room was really nice, but the service was poor. When I called the front desk to ask how to schedule a massage with their spa, they told me to call an 800 number myself on the ground that an outside company provides the massage services. In the morning, when I called for room service, they told me that someone would call me back in 5 minutes. No one ever called. I tried to call again, but no one was answering. I waited and called again and finally got room service. I paid for a larger executive king room for my wife and me, and there was only one robe in the closet. Last, we ate dinner at Amuse, the hotel restaurant. The food was shockingly bad. It essentially consisted of horrendously overcooked pasta drowning in a lake of olive oil.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jn2013,

Good morning!

Thank you for providing us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm terribly sorry that we failed to deliver. I will definitely share your feedback with the team and will make corrective action. Please contact me at your convenience, we want to make it right for you.
Thank you for staying with us.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

i was so amazed how excellent was the service provided to us by the staff, we went there as a group it was an amazing experience how some of the staff members took care of our needs. i would like to mention Tee who went beyond and did a lot of effort to provide us with all our requests and made our trip the best trip ever... the hotel location was great as its close to a lot of restaurants, metro station, walking distance pharmacies.. i would say this hotel is the best place to stay specially if you are coming to visit dc for the first time. people like TEE gives really good guidance and make you feel at home..i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Steve S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Very happy to know that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and Tee exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your business and can't wait to have you back.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Checked into the hotel at 2:30am and went straight to bed. Were the sheets cold? No wet!! The sheets may have been changed from the prior guest, but the mattress pad was not. As soon as I sat on the sheets, the bodily fluids (urine or something else) seeped through the sheets and onto me. Absolutely disgusting!!! After changing rooms, I had to shower and then was not able to fall asleep until 4:00am. Consequently, I was late for my 8:30am meeting.

I spoke to the manager after returning home. He expressed regret and wanted to do something for me. He was going to "look into what happened" and get back to me. 3 weeks later, I still have not heard anything from the hotel. Disappointing experience, from start to finish. If you stay at this hotel, check the bed before you sit on it.

Room Tip: Any room without urine or other excretions on the mattress pad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear GAM84,

Good morning!

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. Please contact me at your convenience, I would like to make this right for you. I look forward hearing from you. Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

allan.bella@lemeridienarlington.com
703-894-5062

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!