“" An enjoyable experience "” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“" An enjoyable experience "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month for two nights. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly. The hotel is very close from the Rosslyn metro station, which was really convenient for getting to and from both the airport and the Mall for most of the attractions, as well as Old Town (a 10-15 minute ride to most). The metro is easy to navigate and being this close to it has to be one of the biggest draws. It seems to be located in a business district , so it was very quiet most times and I honestly didn't explore the neighborhood much since I was mostly in DC itself. There seems to be a number of restaurants close by as well as your usual fast food places,so if you're inclined to stay in the area, there won't be a shortage of places to eat.The hotel is accessed by elevator to the 4th-floor lobby, then again by elevator to the rooms. We loved the European feel of the hotel, the in-house bar/restaurant "Amuse," and found the decor aesthetically acceptable.
From that point forward I now go out of my way to book nights at this hotel just to relax and regain my piece of mind. Just check in, drop your things, take a nice hot shower, then go downstairs for a good meal in their restaurant or sit by the fireplace with a well mixed drink and ponder. Their full service bar is awesome and the bar staff is always so friendly and helpful
We wanted to give a Kudos to Tee (If i am not wrong). I spoke to him a few times prior to our arrival. As soon as we arrived he knew exactly who I was and remembered our conversations. He was EXTREMELY helpful and super friendly throughout our entire stay.
This is a fabulous hotel with the best staff. When we come back to DC in the fall - it is a GIVEN that we will stay at Le Meridien in Arlington! Thank you for a great experience!

Room Tip: ***Pick thr water view room**
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Jasmine B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at theLe Meridien Arlington. Thank you for staying with us.

Allan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at the former Palomar in 2009. Back then, I loved it and since I had things to do in Arlington I decided to give it a try.

Perfect choice. This hotel is such a hidden gem. Location: great, next to the Rosslyn stop and 5-minute away from georgetown. Rooms: spacious and clean...and i mean really clean. They have a wine reception in the afternoon and complimentary wi fi in the lobby. Large variety of things at breakfast, including fresh eggs. For me it's a must. Good capucino.

I did have dinner there and wasnt too impressed but just around the corner there is my favourite Chopt salad bar.

Wonderfu hotel, wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MarieChristina,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for coming back.
We look forward having you again soon.

Thank you for your business.

Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room was really nice, but the service was poor. When I called the front desk to ask how to schedule a massage with their spa, they told me to call an 800 number myself on the ground that an outside company provides the massage services. In the morning, when I called for room service, they told me that someone would call me back in 5 minutes. No one ever called. I tried to call again, but no one was answering. I waited and called again and finally got room service. I paid for a larger executive king room for my wife and me, and there was only one robe in the closet. Last, we ate dinner at Amuse, the hotel restaurant. The food was shockingly bad. It essentially consisted of horrendously overcooked pasta drowning in a lake of olive oil.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jn2013,

Good morning!

Thank you for providing us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm terribly sorry that we failed to deliver. I will definitely share your feedback with the team and will make corrective action. Please contact me at your convenience, we want to make it right for you.
Thank you for staying with us.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

i was so amazed how excellent was the service provided to us by the staff, we went there as a group it was an amazing experience how some of the staff members took care of our needs. i would like to mention Tee who went beyond and did a lot of effort to provide us with all our requests and made our trip the best trip ever... the hotel location was great as its close to a lot of restaurants, metro station, walking distance pharmacies.. i would say this hotel is the best place to stay specially if you are coming to visit dc for the first time. people like TEE gives really good guidance and make you feel at home..i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Steve S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Very happy to know that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and Tee exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your business and can't wait to have you back.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Checked into the hotel at 2:30am and went straight to bed. Were the sheets cold? No wet!! The sheets may have been changed from the prior guest, but the mattress pad was not. As soon as I sat on the sheets, the bodily fluids (urine or something else) seeped through the sheets and onto me. Absolutely disgusting!!! After changing rooms, I had to shower and then was not able to fall asleep until 4:00am. Consequently, I was late for my 8:30am meeting.

I spoke to the manager after returning home. He expressed regret and wanted to do something for me. He was going to "look into what happened" and get back to me. 3 weeks later, I still have not heard anything from the hotel. Disappointing experience, from start to finish. If you stay at this hotel, check the bed before you sit on it.

Room Tip: Any room without urine or other excretions on the mattress pad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear GAM84,

Good morning!

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. Please contact me at your convenience, I would like to make this right for you. I look forward hearing from you. Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

allan.bella@lemeridienarlington.com
703-894-5062
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was meeting my husband in DC and got to the hotel before he did. As the reservation was under his name and credit card I knew I would have to wait a few until he arrived. I went up to the desk clerk (it was a Wednesday at 5 p.m.) and mentioned my situation. He told me (as I expected) that I would have to wait until my husband arrived but immediately suggested he take my bags. When I asked where the lobby was to wait, he walked me over to the "wine happy hour" and introduced me to the young lady and got me a glass of wine (complimentary) and showed me where to wait. I sat by the fireplace and enjoyed the great start to my trip!

The hotel staff are tremendously helpful and friendly. The rooms are incredibly clean and quiet. Our room was directly across from the elevator and I instantly thought this was going to be a noisy problem. However, there was plenty of space between the door and the actual room. Long enough hallway to prevent the noise from disturbing sleep.

The location is fantastic. Directly on the VA side of the Key Bridge, we walked across it to Georgetown and had dinner, walked around a bit and then across the bridge to the hotel. Great view of Kennedy Center and part of the city. Short walk and closer than some DC hotels we have stayed in!

The Rosslyn metro is right across the street, behind the McDonald's. A very short walk to the Orange line and direct shot into DC and the museums.

We have stayed at Le Meridien's in Philadelphia and London and these have become our "go to" hotels as we know what great service and amenities to expect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Winelvr83,

Thank you for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington. I'm glad that you and your husband enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you so much for your loyalty, we hope to see you again soon.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Priceline and Hotwire have the best bidding deals and I got awarded Le Meridien, thank you! I stayed here when this hotel use to be Kimpton and I'm so glad that Starwood took this one over and cleaned it up. Location is excellent, very close to Georgetown and Arlington National Cemetery. You can easily find street parking after 630pm. Hotel was very quiet and comfortable. They even offered a free wine tasting with your stay. For the value paid, it was a great deal. Don't underestimate Priceline or Hotwire, however, you won't earn your hotel points is the only draw back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear mattpheil,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share us your feedback! I am happy to know that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlinghton. Please visit us again soon.

Allan

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!