“Holy Bodily Fluids Batman - Unacceptable” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Holy Bodily Fluids Batman - Unacceptable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Checked into the hotel at 2:30am and went straight to bed. Were the sheets cold? No wet!! The sheets may have been changed from the prior guest, but the mattress pad was not. As soon as I sat on the sheets, the bodily fluids (urine or something else) seeped through the sheets and onto me. Absolutely disgusting!!! After changing rooms, I had to shower and then was not able to fall asleep until 4:00am. Consequently, I was late for my 8:30am meeting.

I spoke to the manager after returning home. He expressed regret and wanted to do something for me. He was going to "look into what happened" and get back to me. 3 weeks later, I still have not heard anything from the hotel. Disappointing experience, from start to finish. If you stay at this hotel, check the bed before you sit on it.

Room Tip: Any room without urine or other excretions on the mattress pad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear GAM84,

Good morning!

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. Please contact me at your convenience, I would like to make this right for you. I look forward hearing from you. Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

allan.bella@lemeridienarlington.com
703-894-5062

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was meeting my husband in DC and got to the hotel before he did. As the reservation was under his name and credit card I knew I would have to wait a few until he arrived. I went up to the desk clerk (it was a Wednesday at 5 p.m.) and mentioned my situation. He told me (as I expected) that I would have to wait until my husband arrived but immediately suggested he take my bags. When I asked where the lobby was to wait, he walked me over to the "wine happy hour" and introduced me to the young lady and got me a glass of wine (complimentary) and showed me where to wait. I sat by the fireplace and enjoyed the great start to my trip!

The hotel staff are tremendously helpful and friendly. The rooms are incredibly clean and quiet. Our room was directly across from the elevator and I instantly thought this was going to be a noisy problem. However, there was plenty of space between the door and the actual room. Long enough hallway to prevent the noise from disturbing sleep.

The location is fantastic. Directly on the VA side of the Key Bridge, we walked across it to Georgetown and had dinner, walked around a bit and then across the bridge to the hotel. Great view of Kennedy Center and part of the city. Short walk and closer than some DC hotels we have stayed in!

The Rosslyn metro is right across the street, behind the McDonald's. A very short walk to the Orange line and direct shot into DC and the museums.

We have stayed at Le Meridien's in Philadelphia and London and these have become our "go to" hotels as we know what great service and amenities to expect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Winelvr83,

Thank you for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington. I'm glad that you and your husband enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you so much for your loyalty, we hope to see you again soon.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Priceline and Hotwire have the best bidding deals and I got awarded Le Meridien, thank you! I stayed here when this hotel use to be Kimpton and I'm so glad that Starwood took this one over and cleaned it up. Location is excellent, very close to Georgetown and Arlington National Cemetery. You can easily find street parking after 630pm. Hotel was very quiet and comfortable. They even offered a free wine tasting with your stay. For the value paid, it was a great deal. Don't underestimate Priceline or Hotwire, however, you won't earn your hotel points is the only draw back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear mattpheil,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share us your feedback! I am happy to know that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlinghton. Please visit us again soon.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

From the first moment we stepped into Le Meriden Arlington, our experience in all aspects was excellent. Services - like meals delivered to the room, luggage delivery to the room, cleaning services, room service, dining experiences -- were all exceptionally timely and excellent. In particular, I woul like to mention Adeel at the front desk who went out of his way to pay special attaention to our needs since we were a 3 generation family from grandma and mother to our young daughter. At all times, our requests were dealt with professionally, competently and above all with a sense of special care taking. Most of our interactions were with Adeel and I must say his proficiency, his attentiveness and cultural sensitivity to an Indian family were not only exceptional but they were stellar. He nevefr missed a beat. It makes us always want to stay at this Hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the river are outstanding.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Shahnaz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and Adeel at the front desk exceeded your expectations. Adeel is one of our superstar at the Le Meridien, we are very fortunate to have passionate, caring associate like Adeel. Thank you once again for staying with us, I will share your comment to the rest of my team and to Adeel.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great hotel, very clean, nice rooms. Very good location and friendly staff. Nice restaurant on site with great food for any time of the day. It was great service at front desk as well as room service delivery.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Verushka71,

Thank you so much for visiting us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and the staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you so much for your business, please visit us again soon.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Le Meridien in Arlington VA - just outside of Georgetown is wonderful. The rooms are beautiful, clean and fresh. The restaurant and bar are convenient and reasonably priced. The staff is gracious and friendly. Nightly wine at 5pm is an added bonus. The location is great. A quick cab to DC or if you prefer the metro - the stop is just a block away. It is pricey but worth the money for beautiful accommodations in the DC area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lauraleeb76,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are very excited that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and we exceeded your expectations.
Please visit us again soon.

Christiansburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for business. The hotel itself is well kept and maintained. The staff was pretty rude to my husband on almost every occasion he spoke to them. The guys running valet however, where pretty nice. The beds were the MOST awful thing about the stay. I may be spoiled by a nice temperpedic at home, but I've slept in less quality hotels that have all had nicer beds than these. The room is very basic, and not pretty small. The internet (which does cost money to use) didn't work what so ever. The jack on the wall was broke, and we had to switch rooms because of this. The worse part was, the room next door they put us in also had a broken jack. At that point we said forget it, we didn't want to move again. It was walking distance to some restaurants and a cvs, so that was handy, but other than that it would not be my ideal location. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Rachel B,

Good afternoon! So sorry to hear about your recent experienced at the hotel. Please contact me at your convenience, we want to make it right for you.
I look forward hearing from you.

allan.bella@lemeridienarlington.com
703-894-5062

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!