“good deal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #25 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“good deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hi, i stayed here in this hotel.Hotel is good clean comfort .Its great location,close to Army base.My husband is in army this is my 2nd stay in this hotel.The hotel staff is very help full specially two very friendly guys T and Adell i hope im writing the correct name.they were very friendly helpfull. Hotel is very clean. i like it we r coming back in 11/25 to c my husband and i will definitaly stay here

Room Tip: Every thing is good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

278 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

awesome,! great hotel its was my first time to be in virginia , i loved it specially with a great service provided to us by tee loofa at le meridien hotel.. he was great helped us a lot in this travel. the hotel was great very convenient. the rooms were clean .i would love to come back at this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, just over the bridge from Georgetown (walking distance) but still in Virginia. The hotel is a bit quirky in that the reception is n on the 4th floor and there is no ground floor. And it's half hotel and the rest of the building is a sort of condominium complex. If you can get around that then you've found a great hotel, great rooms and the gym is adequate. I had issues on my first night with a loud argument next door to me at like 3:30 in the morning waking me up. But spoke to management the next day and didn't have a problem after that. Parking was also onsite so no need to worry about a valet destroying my rental car in some shady lot miles away. All in all decent hotel.

Room Tip: Great access to Georgetown and Arlington Va.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I was very impressed with my stay at this hotel. My fiancé is in the Army, so I fly up here regularly, and this has been by far the nicest stay I have had yet. Tee Loofa handled everything so wonderfully, and he was a joy to deal with. He is an exceptional employee, and I feel that Le Meridien is lucky to have him on their team. I will definitely be staying here on my future trips.

• Stayed October 2012
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Ms. Meganmcbride3,

I am glad that Tee at the Le Meridien Arlington was able to provide you with exceptional service, we are definitely lucky to have Tee at the front desk.
Thank you so much for coming back, we look forward having you back again soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Second visit here. Love the understated elegance of the hotel and the very comfortable beds. Close to the metro and George Town, and a bunch of great places to eat.Front desk immensely courteous on late (pm) arrival. Room over looking City/Water View, which was very gorgeous.
All employees were very friendly and helpful especially Tee he was so helpful, he gives us beautifull Room the one we requested. I will go back to that hotel because of what he did for us and make our stay soo much memorable.
I will definatelly reccommend this place.. If you have any issue please see Front desk(Tee).He will go beyond your expectations to make you stay more Luxurious.

Room Tip: Please Choose Water view Room..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karim S,

Thank you for coming back! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Le Meridien Arlington and the entire staff exceeded your expectations. We certainly make every effort to make sure our guests not only enjoys their stay but also make it a memorable one.
Thank you so much for your continued business, we look forward having you again soon.

Claremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the Le Meridien Arlington September 28-30. With us was my 94 year old father, who has trouble walking long distances. The handicapped room we requested for him was perfect with the walk in shower. However, we were not aware that the lobby was on the 4th floor, and that could have been a problem, but was solved when Allan, at the front desk, offered us a wheel chair to use at the hotel for the weekend. That saved the day.

The one flaw I found, which is noted in other reviews, is that the first floor bell desk is not staffed well - we mostly found no one there. While there is a sign directing guests to the 4th floor reception, as one person pointed out, that doesn't work well when you need a valet for the car and was a problem for us when we needed to drop off the wheelchair or pick up in the locked closet on the first floor. I suggested they put a phone at the bell desk that connected to reception - they told me there is a phone, but it is actually behind the desk where no one would see it or know what it is for.

While it is close to the metro and you can walk to Georgetown over the Key Bridge, it is a hard location to get a cab.. They must have a deal with a limo company because there were always a number of limos lined up and we were asked if we wanted one. The first rate they gave seemed too high for where we were going, but when we were still waiting for a cab after a few minutes, they came down in the rate and we took the car. We took a cab back, and the it turned out the second rate they offered - the one we took - was a fair rate.

Both the handicapped room and our regular room were huge. We had a jacuzzi tub and an elliptical machine, (neither of which we actually used) with room still for a couch and chairs. The bathroom was larger than the one in my home. The TV controls, however, were very hard to use if you just wanted regular TV channels and not the pay menu.

We purchased full breakfast as part of the AAA rate. The front desk staff gave us the wrong coupons - just for continental breakfast, but quickly corrected this when I went back to the front desk. However, there is no alert on the hotel website that on weekends, full breakfast is still just a buffet; although there are hot dishes, this is not what we expected. The restaurant staff in the morning were extremely pleasant and capable, even on Sunday morning when it was mobbed with wedding guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in September. The hotel is small, so there's limited service late at night. For example, when I checked in at midnight, I had to track down someone to valet my car. Also, room service goes through the front desk at night so that is also slow.

That being said, the location is great and it is a 3 min walk to the metro. The rooms are nice and big, but the bathroom has poor water pressure and wall mounted shampoo and bath gel, which personally I don't like. The bed was great though. And I had a good view of the river.

Basically, it's not a great hotel nor is it bad hotel. For $150 a night it is probably a good deal. More than that there are better options elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear bw331,

Thank you so much for your feedback! Do you mind giving me more information about your recent stay with us? Please contact me at allan.bella@lemeridienarlington.com

Allan

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!