“Good, convenient hotel in Rosslyn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good, convenient hotel in Rosslyn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at Le Meridien for 5 nights and had a very enjoyable stay. I had a fantastic room, with lots of floor to ceiling windows. The decor is very trendy...almost like a boutique hotel. The walls are very thin though...I did hear my neighbors loud and clear a few evenings.

Service was hit or miss. Sometimes I'd call on my way back to the hotel from a day out to ask a question and no one would answer the phone at the front desk...this happened on multiple occasions. Another problem was the valet...they were usually quick to retrieve my car in the morning, but upon returning in the early evening - on two nights I waited 5-10 minutes and there were no valet people in sight. I once tried to call, but then no one answered at the front desk (uggh) and so I had to leave my car out there and go up to the front desk to find a valet person. It was very frustrating after a long day at work.

There was a free happy hour in the evening where they offered red and white wine to guests...very nice.

Room service was a great late night choice. They did mess up my order but were very kind and gracious about it. Additionally, the food was delicious! I had one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches of my life. :) It was the late night menu that I had to order from, but the quality was still there.

The gym is very nice...good cardio and weights. Although, on my last day there, 2 of the 3 elliptical machines were broken.

I liked the experience overall...but I need to stay here a few more times to get a more definitive feel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Aranchia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apology for the valet issue experienced during your stay. Thank you so much for your business, please visit us again soon.

Allan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went to a conference at the hotel so the choice was made for me but I found it to be quite nice. I would definitely consider it again if I found myself in Rosslyn or having to be near Georgetown.

The rooms are clean and quiet. I never heard any of my neighbors but I suppose that could just be luck. At least on my floor, many of the rooms were not off the main hallway but rather in a small alcove off the main hallway as you can see in the picture. Maybe this cuts down on any hallway noise?

The bed was very comfortable. There is a small desk where you can work and a small flat screen TV across from the bed. The bathroom was clean but I found one thing a bit annoying. As you can see in my picture, the sink is just a pedestal sink so there is no counter space. You can use the glass cart next to the sink where the towels are but it is a bit cramped. Otherwise, the room was fine.

The staff was very polite. I got in early and there wasn't a room ready but they were very polite and apologetic. A room opened that was wheel chair accessible meaning the shower was just open on one side of the bathroom as opposed to being enclosed being a door. They asked if I minded and I didn't so I got in a little sooner. For my "trouble" they offered a couple of options. I forget them but I chose a bunch of points on my Starwood card.

In general, its not a 5 star hotel as the room isn't super fancy, the TV is a bit small, etc. However, its is clean, comfortable and an overall a nice room. The hotel is in a central location in Rosslyn. The Metro is a couple of blocks away, its very close to the Key Bridge into Georgetown and there are some basic places to eat around such as Cosi, Chipotle, Starbucks and a couple of restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel for a romantic get-away prior to traveling to China to adopt a son. We were very pleased with our choice.

I won't repeat much of what's already said, but I think I can clarify why some people say the service is great and some say terrible. I think they do offer the best service possible with the staff they have on hand. I think they need to beef up the staff as when we were checking in on Friday the desk attendant did seem to be very overwhelmed. If he'd had some help it would have been great. I'm sure he'll agree with this. We're used to checking into hotels that have 3 or 4 people providing service at the desk.

Be aware that the river views, though excellent, are from a certain angle in your room. Otherwise you are staring at an office building and during the business day you will have no privacy if your drapes are open. Consider that when choosing your room. The river view was cool, though - we rearranged the furniture and sat and talked and enjoyed watching the boats, the runners, etc.It was the weekend so we didn't have to worry about people peeping in at us.

Everything was sparkling clean - very impressive. The breakfast buffet was very good. The desk guy did give us umbrellas when it was raining. The fitness center is amazing - made me wish I work out! It is shared with the condos so is much more extensive than the normal hotel fitness room.

One fault - the walls are thin, or, it's because the design of the glass windows - but when people are talking in the next room you will hear it. We could hear when the ladies next door woke up, when they came 'home', etc. I did not sleep well the first night because they were talking and laughing - not being rude, just there were 5 or so in there and they were all enjoying themselves. The second night, about 11:30, I did tap on their door and ask if they could be a bit quieter so we could sleep. I'm puzzled why such a fine hotel didn't cover that detail. Everything else was stellar.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not share a wall with another room so will be quieter. River view is nice but it'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Yes, the hotel is nice no doubt about that but service is not up to par. Customer service is really mediocre.

For a hotel with it's star rating, I feel like staff should go out of their way to assist their customers. If you are asking staff for assistance they help but also give you the impression they are busy and it appears as if you are bothering them…almost makes you feel like they are looking down on you.

The night I stayed was a rainy/stormy period in VA & of course I did not travel w/an umbrella…who does really? I asked Front Desk and they didn't have any and didn't really care any further…they were just like, sorry we are out of umbrellas…no suggestions etc. Maybe management should consider having umbrellas in guest rooms…hotels I've stayed at have this service available.

My point is, if you buy or pay for luxury, the product should not only speak for it self but service you rec'v should also be astonishing. Staff should get re-trained on 'hospitality service.'

All in all, I enjoyed my stay for the one night…the rooms are lovely…just get a bigger room. Spent my money at a nicer boutique hotel the next few nights I was in N. VA.

Room Tip: The rooms can be small, so make sure you get a spacious room. And don't expect 4 star service fr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and wanted to visit the Washington, D.C. area for a short 4 day visit and we found the hotel through our starwood preferred guest hotel listings and could not be any happier with our choice! Upon arrival we were provided with a map of the area and some suggestions as to were to visit during our stay. The hotel is definitely an upscale hotel that is beautifully decorated.

Location: In the Rosslyn area, which is centrally located just across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. The hotel is walking distance to many restaurants and most important to the Metrorail. The closeness to the metrorail is a must especially for those who are visiting without a car!

Rooms: Our room was immaculate. The pillows were very comfortable, the sheets were clean, the bathrooms were well kept. *One downside was the lack of counter space in the bathrooms.

Service: The hotel has a green choice option in which you can opt out receiving room service and instead receive a $10 voucher or 500 starwood points. We choice the voucher and on the morning of checkout we just ordered breakfast from their restaurant Amuse. Check-in and Check-out were easy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Ms. Belinda M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Please visit us again next time you or your family is in town.

Allan
Clemmons, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Can't add much to the 5-star reviews. Everything was as stated. Great location, service and room. Close to metro, desk staff was wonderful (Mohammed) and room was clean (got upgraded), and overlooked the Potomac. Elevators were very fast. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting friends in Reston, VA. We booked through kayak and paid $103/night + tax, which was less than the Starwood website.

We arrived at the hotel at 1am. We were received warmly by Will when we checked in and given a room on a high floor since we are SPG members. The decor of the hotel is attractive, the rooms are comfortable, and the hallways are quiet.

We parked in the self-parking garage. The parking garage is shared with an apartment/condo building, so many of the spaces were marked for residents. However, we were able to find a space each time, although they are quite tight/narrow. I believe parking was $12/night.

Our only complaint was the two mornings when we called for room service, no one answered. The front desk said they would have room service call us back. The first time, it was 10-15 min later. The second time, it was only 5 min later. For one of our orders, we ordered a pot of coffee and no coffee mugs were included. The good part about their room service was it was delivered promptly (<30 min wait) and the food was average to above average.

We liked the ambiance of the hotel and would return if staying in the area in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!