“Beautiful Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
USA
“Beautiful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here for three nights at the beginning of June and had a wonderful experience. We had just driven in from New York city. About an hour prior to getting to Arlington, VA, we encountered a terrible tropical storm, which was not predicted. It was scary to say the least!
However, checking into Le Meridien on that rainy day made it all better. Thanks to Kristen and Dante at the front desk, who upgraded us to a beautiful suite at no additional cost.

The hotel is gorgeous. It's in the perfect location, just across the bridge from DC and within walking distance to the Marine Corps Memorial Iwo Jima. The service was excellent, the entire staff-the front desk, the bell men, the valet staff, housekeeping and room service was incredibly warm and pleasant at all times. It's also a pet friendly hotel! Chelsea and Tess(our cocker spaniels) were in heaven too;)

The suite was on the12th floor overlooking Georgetown-gorgeous view! This will be our hotel when in Arlington, VA/DC.

Thank you Le Meridien for your wonderful service. Kristen and Dante, you rock!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Guests for my wedding stayed at Le Meridian. I had originally signed a contract when it was Palomar. There were a few bumps in the road during the transition, but I was extremely impressed with Le Meridian. They were beyond accommodating (upgraded parents of the bride and groom for free), gave me the Ambassador Suite, brought a bottle of wine up for my husband and I at the end of the night, kept the bar open late for my guests, knew us by name (Doorman was AMAZING!). The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and very professional and classy. I would definitely recommend this hotel to guests spending time in Arlington/DC or for future brides.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces Georgetown.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Words cannot express how grateful my husband and I are to the staff and management at Le Meridien. I had less than 24 hours to spend with my husband for our one year anniversary because of our very hectic work schedules. We were not only given an upgraded room, but treated to champagne, extra treats at brunch the following day, and every other perk imaginable. As everyone else has noted, Muhammed was stellar. He was not only so welcoming to us, but also amazing to talk to and knew a lot about the area as well.

Our room was perfect, the hotel restaurant was amazing (with a beautiful view of the city), and everyone could not have been more friendly. We had a DVD player in our room and the wireless was fast and free. I could go on and on, but long story short, this was more than a great value and I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to couples and anyone looking to have access to D.C., yet the feel of being "away" from the noise and over-stimulation of downtown. I'm so happy that Le Meridien is also a member of the SPG network. 5 stars!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is visually beautiful. It is trendy, chic, newly furnished. The rooms are very clean and it's location is on the river, near the Key Bridge. Literally, a few miles away from downtown DC (Averaging $15 w/tip each way). The bed is one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever stayed in, ever! The bathroom is equipped with a stand up shower and probably the largest bathtub I have ever seen in any hotel.

One interesting thing I've noticed, their are hardly any hotel personnel anywhere. Making it a very quiet and peaceful hotel. The room is equipped with flat screen monitors, clear glass windows, comfortable lighting, large closet and ipod station. All the amenities you could possibly need.

Bottom line, perfect for business or leisure. Great location and trendy!

* One tidbit, if you are booking a room with a pullout sofa bed. Tell them you want a cot instead. The pullout sofa bed is horrendous!!!

Room Tip: One tidbit, if you are booking a room with a pullout sofa bed. Tell them you want a cot instead. T...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The hotel was fine. But I was charged for something out of the mini bar, which we did not have the key for. I have now spent over 4 weeks trying to get them to remove the charges. I have left messages and emails. One person did say they would take the charge off but they have not yet. I am very disappointed, the day to day staff was nice to us but the office staff are horrible.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Amy I,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I am very sorry to hear about the issue you had with our office team regarding desputed charges. If this issue has not been resolved please do not hesitate to contact me directly. My apology again, I look forward hearing from you.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We had just one night here, in part to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I let Allan know in advance and he upgraded our room and arranged surprise complimentary champagne and strawberries with the help of Mohammed on the front desk - service that is increasingly rare these days. The room was simple, clean and well proportioned. The location is just 15 minutes' walk from Georgetown over the Key Bridge - so there is a lot to do nearby. I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a Waterview Room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve B,

Thank you very much for the review. Happy to hear you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington. I am Glad we were able to take part on special occasion, Happy Anniversary again.
Please visit us again soon.

Bear, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Although it takes three sets of elevators to get from the parking garage to your floor, it's worth it. Well designed rooms. Clean, fresh, and inviting, My only comment - the room service menu is a bit disappointing, especially after 9:30pm when it's limited to the night menu.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear gwfritz,

Thank you very much for the 5 star rating... Very happy that the hotel and the Le Meridien staff exceeded your expectations. Please let us know next time you are back in the hotel and we can recommend restaturants that are within walking distance.

Allan

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!