“Good fit for Le Meridien brand” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

You added Le Meridien Arlington to your Saves list
Le Meridien Arlington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1121 N 19th Street, North Arlington, Arlington, VA 22209 (Formerly Palomar Arlington, a Kimpton Hotel)   |
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Clifton, New Jersey
“Good fit for Le Meridien brand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

So I got the chance to stay here because all DC proper hotels wanted $300 or higher. I knew this was the old Hotel Palomar since I had counterparts stay here before. It doesn't have a typical entrance so when you arrive, just enter the double doors and take the elevator to the front desk. I found the staff to be extremely pleasant and the recognized my SPG Platnium status. They gave me an upgrade to a really nice 2 room suite with a whirlpool tub you could have a party in. Hotel overall was very quiet. Gym has a decent number of machines to work on. This is very accessible to DC and close to the metro as well. I would say the two drawbacks are a limited room service menu and sometimes it is really hard to get a cab. I was happy to see a doorman in the morning, even though I had called the front desk for a cab. I really appreciated the staff recognizing me even on check out. If you work near Foggy Bottom in DC, this hotel is perfect.

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
west coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed here a few (3-4) times on business. Last time was Mar 14-16, 2012. The hotel just
changed its name from Palomar Kimpton to Le Meridien (part of Starwood).
Other than the name, not much changed. The service has always been pretty good: efficient and
pleasant reception personnel and accommodating as far as late check-out.

The rooms are nice; spacious and well-appointed. Wireless internet works fine now and is free.
(I recall that there were issues in the past).

Other facilities include a serviceable restaurant (more below) and a gym. The gym has a
pretty good selection of machines and weights. The only problem is that their TVs are
kind of shoddy. (At least 3 didn't function when I tried). It's an annoyance, albeit a minor one.

Now, as far as the restaurant: its kitchen closes early! I checked it at 9pm and tried
to get something to eat at about 9:35pm. Almost didn't make it! My savior was a
young lady in charge, by the name of (I think) Liz. She made it happen and I was
happy to dine on a reasonably tasty sandwich/soup combo. They also have a small bar
that gets quite full at happy hour.

All in all, if I had to pay out of pocket, I don't know if I'd stay here. But, as long as someone
else foots the bill, this place is pretty decent. It's also a stone's throw from Key Bridge,
Georgetown, etc. And, a couple of nice running trails are nearby.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and the location was perfect. It's located max of 2 blocks from the Rosslyn Metro station, making it easy to get back and forth into DC and is a 5-10 min walk across the Key Bridge into Georgetown. It is a newly acquired Starwood Property but you couldn't tell with the professionalism of the staff. Parking ran 15.00 for the weekend for me. The only downside to this property was trying to find it at night. It took a couple times around the block to find it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Georgetown have a great view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Really enjoyed stay here. Quiet area, very modern and Georgetown shops / restaurants are just a walk away over a bridge-very safe area. Hotel is pet freindly and the staff are pleasant, but some have little knowledge regarding simple questions. Building not clearly marked as a hotel, as it is also a permanant residence-apartments.Rooms were very nice, spacious and clean. In all, a very good place to stay, although you do have to walk into town to have a meal out. Starbucks nearby and also v convenient for the metrolink, especially if you are travelling to Union station.Restaurant is also very nice in hotel too, although a little pricey. Go to Uno's in town instead

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from outside fans. Our original one was near fans, but we didn't have a prob...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Property is very nice. It used to be a Kimpton but is now a Le Meridien, Starwood property. My suite was spacious and well appointed. Bathroom was exceptionally large. Overall I was pleased by here are the area's for improvement. TVs are very small in comparison to room size. This may not matter to some but as a business traveler I sometimes have meetings in my suite and use the TV as the monitor. Additionally, I found service to be very spotty. My reservation was not correct when I arrived but the front desk did figure it out after about a 15 minute wait. My mini bar was not stocked. I called for breakfast on morning one and was asked if they could call me back. 20 minutes later, no call. Called back and finally reached someone. Food was marginal at best. Work out room was nice, but lacked updated equipment. Service in the lobby bar and restaurant was also spotty. This has the potential to be a flagship property if they can overcome the service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We arrived at Washington DC Reagan airport and caught the metro for the short trip to Rosslyn station which was only a short walk to the hotel, the Hotel Palomar Arlington has now become the Le Meridien, but at this stage most of the cab drivers & metro info know it as the Hotel Palomar Arlington. The concierge is located on the level 1 and you take the lift up to level 4 for reception and from there a different lift to your room. At first seems a hassle but it actually wasn’t as the lifts were rather quick.
We booked an Executive King room and were allocated room 712 directly opposite the lifts, our first impressions to the room location and anticipated noise levels, proved to be of no concern due to the thick heavy door and entrance hall, it was a large clean and well presented room with a view towards the river and Key Bridge, a luxurious room for us. The bathroom had a shower over the bath and a good sized vanity top to place our toiletries , plus new for us, a shaving mirror. The king bed was very comfortable as were the extra long pillows. The room also had an arm chair with footstool, a desk and chair and free wired internet, the wireless is at cost. The fridge was located in the mini bar cupboard and our room had a coffee machine, coffee, sugar and milk powder were provided. We purchased milk and cereal for breakfast from a shop in the metro mall.
If you need a map of the local area you will have to ask the concierge on level 1 as they are kept in a draw at his desk. As first time visitors to the hotel and Washington it was disappointing that more local information was not available. We received more tips and information from other guests in the hotel, metro station and local shops than from the hotel.
The hotel offers a “go green” option and if you choose not to have your room attended, you receive a $10 voucher to spend at the bar. We chose this option twice and use the vouchers during happy hour (daily 4pm-7pm) for food and drink, we thought this was a great idea and would like to see it used with other hotels..
Take Note - there are 2 menus -- one for the bar, located on the bar, and one for the restaurant located on a stand attended by a waiter (they will not tell you this even when you ask)
The hotel offers red and/or white wine between 5 and 6 pm daily for no cost. We only took this offer on one occasion as the other days we were away from the hotel during this time, perhaps they should make it from 6 to 7 pm.
A number of food outlets can be found between the hotel and the metro (Chop-T (our favourite), Quiznos, Italian style Cafe, Chipotle) and in the metro mall we located a coffee shop, post office, medical centre and a Rite Aid supermarket. While the hotel is out of Washington DC , it’s only a short metro ride to DC, walking distance to the Iwo Jima memorial and Arlington Cemetery. We liked the hotel and would have no problem staying there again if we were to return back to
Washington.

Room Tip: The river view we had was nice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lubbock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Palomar during a quick trip to DC during President's weekend. We liked the location, close to Georgetown and the metro station. The room was nice, clean and we had a great view over the water towards Georgetown. Our main complaint was that the hotel kitchen closed at 9:00 pm ( who would have thought that would happen on a Friday night during a long weekend) and their "late night" menu from 10 to 6 was not available throughout the whole weekend. I do not know if the reason was due to the management changed from Kimpton to Starwood.. It was a big disappointment and a let down since we drove 3.5 hours to get to DC and we were looking forward to a relaxing late night, to have a few drinks and eat something based on previous reviews. That said, if you stay here, you will have to take the metro or a taxi to DC because there are not any decent restaurants near by. That said, overall, a comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Le Meridien Arlington? Share your experiences!