“Great value, huge room, full breakfast, helpful staff. Will stay again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites

Save Saved
You added Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 N Courthouse Rd, Arlington, VA 22201 (Formerly Arlington Residence Court)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Dallas, Texas
“Great value, huge room, full breakfast, helpful staff. Will stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I needed an affordable hotel near Union Station. There are none. (None you'd stay in.)Booking a week out, the Arlington Court Suites was as close as I could get and my AAA rate was very reasonable. I spoke twice to the hotel before I booked and was told the hotel shuttle would pick me up at Union Station until 9 pm -- all I had to do was call. I work for a new employer who is very tight on travel budget, so I was very conscious of the cost of everything, including ground transportation.

When I arrived at Union Station and called for the shuttle at 6:30 pm, I was told by the desk agent that their shuttles never left Virginia and they wouldn't pick me up. I was, to say the least, not happy. I took a cab, and was told it was a flat rate of $25 to Arlington. He ended up charging me only $20 and it was about a 15 minute ride. When I brought this up to the lovely night desk agent, Lorraine, she went out of her way, called her manager, and he authorized a refund to me of $20. (But it is true their shuttle does NOT leave Virginia, so don't plan on that.) She then willingly spent time explaining how I could catch the Metro in the morning and directing me to restaurants nearby.

The restaurants are in walking distance -- I ate with a friend at Tuscana Grill (I think) -- we drove, but it would have been a couple of blocks, although it is uphill, and there were a number of restaurants from which to choose. It was fine -- nothing amazing, but a nice dinner. We parked in an open lot that was free after 6 pm. In the morning, there is a full breakfast on the 8th floor in a nice room with windows and balconies -- eggs, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, oatmeal, pastries -- anything you'd want.

My room was a surprise -- a very large king with tasteful decor, two large chairs with a huge ottoman, full kitchen except for an oven, marble desk/table top for two, large bathroom -- it was very clean and quiet, and I was the first room by the elevator.

The walk to the Metro was no problem -- uphill about a block but I was pulling a roller bag and it was really no big deal. You have to change trains (and they are crowded in the morning) at Metro Station, but everyone was incredibly helpful with directions. I left the hotel at 7:30 am and was in Union Station by 8:15 am.

I think this hotel is a steal of a deal. Give Lorraine a raise -- she salvaged a situation with a very frustrated customer and turned it into a very positive experience, and a great Trip Advisor review!! (Did I mention that she offered, and her fellow employee later did, print out my boarding pass for my next day's travel for me?)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Thurmont, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

My mother and I have stayed here one other time to celebrate my 25th birthday and both stays were above and beyond expectation. The breakfast buffet in the morning is free and absolutely delicious! The room is so spacious and the fact that it had a full kitchen is wonderful if I want to bring my kids so as to cook for them and save a little money instead of going out to eat on our visit to the DC area. The front desk staff is very accomodating and friendly !

• Stayed February 2011
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

This hotel is old and moldy...dangerous for anyone with allergies or asthma..The meeting room we had on the mezzanine had no windows and the food was horrible. This hotel allows pets and I saw two large dogs while I was there. Long walk from restaurants and stores...Shuttle limited. Wouldn't recommend this hotel under any circumstances...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

Arlington Courts Suites is one of those rare hotels that actually exceeds its advertising. The rooms were larger and more comfortable than I expected and their friendly and courteous staff were quick to handle our requests. Our conference attendees liked the complimentary breakfast and were amazed at the quality of the complimentary dinners they received. Yes, this hotel has complimentary dinners Monday through Wednesday. We had over 50 people staying there during our conference and they all commented on the quality of the service they received.

From top to bottom I was amazed with the lengths their staff would go to support their guests. Everyone from the maintenance staff, front desk, sales team, to the shuttle drivers went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Also unlike other hotel rooms you have a full kitchen complete with pots and pans.

Without a doubt Arlington Court Suites is the best hotel I've stayed in and I highly recommend it to anyone or any group that is visiting the Arlington/DC area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Lebanon, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

This is a nice hotel with clean and more than adequate rooms. The rooms are large compared with a normal hotel room. Our room was on the seventh (out of eight) floor and it did not have a balcony. Attached to this review is a pic looking toward DC.

The Location: Was just fine. There is a 2 block walk to the Metro and yes, some of it is uphill. There are a few things you can do to lessen the amount of uphill walking. First, and most obviously, take the shuttle. It seemed to be available in the morning and evening, but not in the middle of the day. Second, exit the back of the hotel and go up to N. Veitch St. Travel north as far as you can and you will see a parking garage. Go in the garage and bear to your right. You will see a door marking the entrance to the Metro. The walk is not a heart attack waiting to happen or a "45 degree angle". Now would I want to lug a bunch of bags to the Metro, probably not.

The Room: Very adequate. There was a table and two chairs along with a very small writing area. There are also a couple of sitting chairs in the room. There is a safe under the sink in the bathroom and it was quite large (fit a 13" Macbook). The bathroom is roomy. The downside to the room was that I read in the hotel's factbook that they only change the sheets on Mondays and Fridays for extended guests. That's not a huge deal, but to compare the hotel to the Hilton Garden Inn right up the street, I would count that as a detraction.

Breakfast/Dinner: Every morning the hotel provides a breakfast. There were eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, breakfast potatoes and french toast or pancakes along with juices, coffee and hot chocolate. The hotel also offers dinners on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We only used this service on Monday after finding out that the food sat very heavy on your stomach afterwards.

The Staff/Service: The shuttle van driver was very nice and very helpful. I cannot say the same for the front desk staff. It seemed like any interaction with any of them was a chore on their part. The staff wasn't rude, they just weren't very friendly.

As I said earlier the hotel was very adequate and suited our needs well. If you are looking for a four star hotel and the qualities that go along with that experience you should look elsewhere, but if you already know what you are doing, where you are going and how to get there the Clairion Collection Arlington Court Suites will suit you well.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

If you like billing nightmares, this is the hotel for you! Have spent much time and energy trying to correct. Second negative was the shuttle. I was warned by a local that I wouldn't physically be able to walk the steep hill to the metro, but when I questioned the hotel in advance about this, I was assured that a shuttle was available which would take me. Even tho I made reservations the night before, shuttle was late and others got on before the pickup spot so there was no room for me. "Too bad." On the positive side, hotel is very nice, comfortable roomy room with view of Washington Monument. Great complimentary breakfast. The one complimentary dinner I had was very good. But, on nights it wasn't available there was no where to eat because, for me, hill was too steep to walk to any nearby restaurant. Some food items for sale at desk.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Just returned from a business trip there with a spouse, and while we completely concur with everyone else's recommendations (large rooms, decent complimentary breakfast and dinners, very good service & location), both of us came home with bedbug bites. Since we'd never had them before we didn't think too much about it individually until we started comparing notes, bites, and symptoms. We looked pictures of them up online and our hearts sank when we saw that they perfectly matched the photos of bedbug bites. The ironic thing is that when we checked into the room, we tried to check the mattress & box springs for bedbugs (as we do in any hotel now), but both were covered with a strange kind of bedskirt that didn't allow for thorough checking. Now I really wish we'd looked for a way to take those things apart so that we could really have a look. This sure ruined our trip and of course presents all sorts of new problems to deal with at home with luggage and clothing.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
jvite09, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Unfortunately, the guest did not contact any of the hotel staff to report the alleged bed bug incident while still in the hotel. When we saw the comments on Trip Advisor, we immediately had the room inspected by a non-partisan professional company who did not find any bed bugs in the room. We have all the official report for anyone to view.
We take any report of bedbugs very seriously and close off the actual room plus the rooms beside and above. If we do find a single bedbug, we even go as far as throwing our very expensive beds and treat the infected room and closing it for sale for about 3 weeks.

Been to Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites? Share your experiences!