“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites

Save Saved
You added Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 N Courthouse Rd, Arlington, VA 22201 (Formerly Arlington Residence Court)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GEORGIA
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

We stayed at Arlington Court Suites while seeing the Washington sites. Our experience was very good. The check in process was quick and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful answering questions. The free breakfast was good and consisted of eggs, bacon/sausage, grits/oatmeal, waffles, cereals and yogurt.....very good. If you eat early or late it is not as crowded. We went one morning right in the rush and their were no tables to sit at. The room was wonderful. We stayed in a King Suite and the living room and kitchen area was huge. We had much room to spare. We did not use the kitchen to much but it was fully stocked if you needed to. The WiFi worked great. Daily cleaning service was very good. Although the hotel was full, it was very quiet in the hallways and rooms. We chose this location for the price, free breakfast and location to the Metro and based on other travelers reviews. The Metro is just a short walk up a hill or the hotel has a shuttle service that will take you to the Metro and several local restaurants. We did not use the shuttle as we prefered to walk. Their was not really anything that I could say that we did not like or had any trouble with at this hotel. If we get to visit this area again, we will defenitely stay at Arlington Court Suites.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

OK-first of all I need to explain that I am picky and a neat-freak, and a non-smoker. Hopefully that will put context into my review: I rate this hotel a C+ but no better due to my opinions below:
Good things:
It's close to the nearest metro station (courthouse), it's in a pretty good neighborhood compared to nearby Rosslyn, the staff seemed to care about my stay, full kitchen with stovetop and oven and two televisions in our suite; housekeeping did a good job in our room, and the full hot breakfast was great, and the M-W dinner was a real dinner and not just finger-foods and was tasty. I also prefer to park my car myself and this hotel has a good-sized open-air parking lot, and we have a luggage carrier on top of our car that doesn't fit into those dark tight parking garages, so I wanted to avoid a parking garage, which this hotel did. Free in-room internet.
NOT-so-good:
The charge for parking per day is $14 on top of your room and I was led to believe it was free; the bathroom doorknob in our room and the vent above the stovetop were broken, there were lots of dark scuffs on the bedroom walls (well-used), although there was not cigarette smoke odor they had sprayed so much fabreeze that I had to open the windows and air out the room daily to get the chemical smell out; the room decor is dark especially in the bathrooms with make it seem dreary, you can hear neighbors through the walls fairly easily, the elevators are VERY small and dark, the street leading to the metro station is at a full 45 degree angle and so you can walk each day to it like we did BUT I run a mile every day and it was kindof hard on me--little children and elderly could NOT walk this hill--the shuttle to the station is not queued and you may or may not get a seat so you may as well walk because the other clients do not care about each other--not fast or reliable service with shuttle, stingy on towels and had to ask for more, pillowcase had a tiny bloodstain on it which is no big deal but still gross, although the hotel is close to a Wendy's and a Subway, and fairly close to a Whole Foods Grocery and Giant's Grocery, there is not much else very close that you would want to walk to, and the garbage trucks will wake you up at 5:30 am each day so you don't need to set the alarm. No pool, which my kids were bummed about.

Overall, I think I would recommend this hotel but not for relaxation but just an "ok place to stay"--not great not horrible. We were going to stay at the Virginia Suites (our family requires a full kitchen due to dietary needs) and I'm glad we chose this place over the VS because we drove by that other one and it didn't look so hot.

Finally, I'd like to say that overall I was disappointed with my stay but not so much that I could tell people not to stay there--the best part of this place is that it is close to the metro. However, when I go on vacation, I like to be a bit more comfortable than just "ok" so some people that aren't so picky will claim this place is just great, when it's not--it's just ok. I would stay there again if I couldn't find another better place. The Radisson right down the street was more expensive (and all booked up) but a much nicer place and I'd try to stay there instead next time, and a half-block closer to the metro.

Casselberry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed 5 nights and couldn't have been more pleased with our home away from home while visiting Washington, D.C. Our one bedroom suite was spacious with a kitchen, dining room table, living room, bathroom and separate bedroom with 2 queen beds (& 2 TVs). We didn't have a balcony view of D.C. which we had hoped for but enjoyed the view from the 8th floor breakfast/dinner room. The full breakfast buffet was great and varied somewhat day to day (french toast or pancakes; sausage or bacon; grits or oatmeal). Each day there were scrambled eggs, breads, cereals, yogurt & juices. Dinner is available Mon, Tues, & Wed evenings. We returned from D.C. 2 of the 3 days for dinner. It was hot dogs & hamburgers one night and spaghetti the other. One daughter is vegetarian and the staff made a plate of spaghetti with red sauce without the meatballs for her at our request. We didn't use our kitchen much except to keep drinks in the fridge. It was nice to have a full freezer to freeze water bottles to tote with us into D.C. for the hot July days. We used the Metro for transportation although we parked at the hotel for $14 per day which was more reasonable than in D.C. The staff had no problem letting us leave the car in the lot after check out on our last day while we went into D.C one last time. We drove once, to Mt. Vernon (just about 20 min. from the hotel). The closest Metro station was Courthouse (orange line) although the hotel shuttle would drop off at Rosslyn or Courthouse. We purchased 7 day farecards which ended up being cheaper than $9/day for a one-day card, even though we only used our farecards for 6 days. The wallk to the Metro was safe at all hours. The staff at Clarion Suites were very nice. (Nerma and Kim were pleasant and helpful) We found our suite to be clean and comfortable. We will stay here again next time we are in the area.

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I was surprised how quiet this hotel was. Normally in a hotel room I can hear activity in the halls but not here. We were also pleased that they served supper meals 3 of the 4 days we were there as it cut down our expenses on eating out. Good food too. Their breakfasts were also nice... much more offered than a typical hotel complimentary breakfast.
It's a quick walk to the Metro to connect to all the sites in DC & beyond. We also took the hotel shuttle a few times when we didn't feel like walking to the Metro and that was very nice too.
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone going to the DC area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cerritos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

When we arrived at our hotel, the lobby was clean and modern looking. The receptionist was very friendly and welcomed us. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. We loved the fact of having a kitchen in our room so we could reheat our leftovers, store bottled water, fruit, etc. in the frig. We also enjoyed having complimentary breakfast buffet every day and light dinners on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. There was also complimentary cookies and soft drinks on Thursdays. The Metro was only a few blocks away. It was a slight uphill climb but not bad at all. We picked up food from Whole Foods which was a 15 minute walk. There are also many restaurantes in the area on Clarendon and Wilson Blvds. We stayed for 10 nights and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Traveled to northern VA to attend a wedding. Since money is tight right now we used our choice privileges points to book the two night stay. Upon arrival at 3 o'clock our room was not ready. The front desk was kind enough to switch us to a king room, which was comfortable with a view of DC. My husband and I cleaned up quickly (only spending about an hour in the room) and left to attend the rehearsal dinner. When we got back the room seemed a bit warm, so I cranked down the AC and we went to sleep. I was wide awake an hour later because the room had gotten MUCH warmer. This was the beginning of an uncomfortable evening. We were awake most of the night. To their credit, the hotel tried to move us to different rooms (at 2am in the morning). However, the AC seemed to be not working in many of the rooms.

After a sleepless night we were moved (finally) to another room where the AC worked. Unfortunately the day was spent trying to catch up on our sleep rather than sightseeing as originally planned.

The hotel comped our parking for our trouble. Breakfast was good, rooms were clean, beds were comfortable. Just make sure your AC is working properly once you check in to avoid the same problems we had!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a three day conference and this hotel was full of great surprises. Compared to other nearby hotels the price was great. I used my AAA discount so prices were comparable to other hotels. The room was nice, clean and roomy with a full kitchen..meaning a real refrigerator. Best thing.....FREE INTERNET FOLKS! This is especially important when you are on a business trip and you don't want to leave your room to go to a business center to work.

Another surprise, Monday to Friday there is a complimentary breakfast BUFFET 6am-9:30am and Monday to Wednesday 5:30pm-7:00pm there is a complimentary light dinner buffet. We took advantage of both and decided to eat out one night, but look at the money you'll save.

Hotel is close to local shops and restaurants and hop, skip and a jump to D.C.

I do wish they had free parking. Its like $14 or so a day, which not bad. Also they need to work on the professionalism of their front staff.

Overall, great stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites? Share your experiences!