“I'd stay here again, but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites

You added Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites to your Saves list
Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 N Courthouse Rd, Arlington, VA 22201 (Formerly Arlington Residence Court)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“I'd stay here again, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I booked through Groupon, and found this hotel to be a great value for its price, size, and proximity to the Metro station and DC. Our room had a great, fully stocked kitchenette, and view of the Washington Monument.

Tips:
Do not stay on the 7th or 8th floor, as the breakfast buffet is on the 8th.
Ask for a room that faces DC for a [little bit of a] view!
If you need any last minute (food) items, there is a small Deli around the corner.
Dulles is about 30 min away by taxi (we paid around $110 round trip), and DCA was around ($30? Not sure but we got stuck in traffic).
Be sure to say hi to Maria who works on the breakfast/dinner buffet- this lady is a gem!

I would give this review 5 stars based on practicality and functionality, BUT: housekeeping woke us up at 8 AM on our last morning, which we were NOT pleased about. I called the front desk to inquire about this, and they replied that housekeeping is just checking to see if we needed anything before check out (if you are going to lie, you may as well make up something that makes sense. We don't need anything except for a few more minutes of shut-eye before we check out).

I understand that housekeeping may not be able to wait until everyone checks out to start cleaning, but 8 am is unacceptable. Management needs to change this practice ASAP.

I'd stay here again, but I'll be sure to hang the 'do not disturb' sign. Every morning. Just in case.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 7th or 8th floor, as the breakfast buffet is on the 8th. Ask for a room that fa...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

It was a great pleasure to stay at this property.Very nice and friendly staff. Excellent complementary hot dinner and hot breakfast, could not ask for more. Nice big clean room with kitchen, microwave and coffeemaker. The Best location, definitely would love to stay at this hotel any time.Thanks a lot to staff for their best hospitality and making our stay comfortable and fun.

Room Tip: Request for room with Balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was so excited when we walked into our 7 th floor room and from our balcony we could see the Washington monument. The room was very comfortable. We brought some food not thinking we got a frozen pizza trying to save some $$ but there isn't an oven ... oops! That was our fault but just a heads up! We were pleasantly surprised at the well prepared breakfast and the great view from the 8th floor! It is really close to the Metro not too bad of a walk just up a steep 2 city block hill. But there is a complimentary shuttle if it is available. We really enjoyed our trip to D.C. And to be able to come back to this lovely place after walking all day was a joy.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

On my recent solo trip to DC, I chose to stay in Arlington because of the easy access to the city without the high accommodation costs. I found a great deal for this hotel on Booking.com, and spent a wonderful week there.

The room was very nicely appointed, with a full kitchen, small dining table with 2 chairs, and comfortable armchair. The bed was very comfortable too. The hotel offers free wifi in the rooms, and free printing from the computers in the lobby. There is a small commissary beside the front desk where you can purchase snacks and toiletries.

The Courthouse Metro stop is less than 3 blocks away, a nice walk if you don't mind the steep hill (it served as my daily exercise). If you don't want to walk, the hotel has a free shuttle to take you there. Restaurants, a movie theatre, CVS drugstore, fast food (Subway, Wendy's) and supermarkets are all within walking distance, and the area is very safe.

My one complaint was that the front desk staff did not inform me that the hotel offered free breakfast (every day) and dinner (3 nights a week) when I checked in, so I missed dinner on the night I arrived. I found out about breakfast by accident, as I encountered other guests going to the dining room the next morning. I couldn't find any information about these in-house meals in my room. The next time I visited the front desk, I noticed the menus on one side of the desk, but they should have been pointed out to me at check-in.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay here, and I will definitely stay here the next time I visit DC.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed 4 days. Overall the stay was great. Hotel was within a 5 min walk to the courthouse metro (up a pretty steep hill) which made it a breeze to get anywhere we wanted to go. they do offer a free shuttle to the metro if you don't feel like walking. Several restaurants were within walking distance also. Room was very clean, large and comfortable. Bed was pretty soft (but I like soft and slept great). The complimentary breakfast was par for the course and made for a nice start to the day. Got a really good deal on priceline so was a little worried, you know the saying; "Too good to be true" but was pleasantly surprised. If I am ever in the area again, will definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Excellent room, service, breakfast, location. Highly recommend this hotel literally right by Arlington courthouse metro minutes to dc and museums. The bus drivers and front desk staff are very accommodating, breakfast staff are friendly. Seriously you cant go wrong with free breakfast and free wifi on dc

Stayed July 2014
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Never having been to Washington, DC, we were hesitant to pay high prices to stay in DC, but were uncertain about hotels on the outskirts (transportation, convenience, ease of access). There are many to choose from, but we could not pass up the deal we were offered for a 3 bedroom suite at the Clarion Collection Arlington. We are a family of five and find it tough to afford comfortable accommodations, especially in pricy cities.

The hotel is older and has been refurbished, but it is clean and comfortable. If you can get past things like the highway construction, masking take on the doors with the room number, and lack of a highway bridge at Courthouse Rd coming back from DC, then you will be pleasantly surprised by the very nicely remodeled rooms, comfortable beds, really good complementary breakfasts, and nice dinners a few nights a weeks. Just what we were looking for!

Extra parking in the rear with direct access to first floor. Older elevators were slow and broke down one morning, but you should be out sightseeing!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a family, ask for the first floor 2 or 3 bedroom suites. If it is a slow t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites? Share your experiences!