“Good food, great service and fun atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legal Sea Foods - Arlington - Crystal City

Legal Sea Foods - Arlington - Crystal City
2301 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington, VA 22202-3820 (Formerly Legal Sea Foods - Crystal City)
+1 703-415-1200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal Sea Foods - Arlington - Crystal City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 680 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar, Chowder
Good for: Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 23rd Street
Transit: Crystal City (Yellow Line) Metro station.
Description: For all those who love seafood in Crystal City, the world really can be your oyster. Choose from among the 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish we serve simply prepared, 365 days a year. In season, our patio seating is a lure for those who choose the fresh seafood and fresh air combo.
Mason, Ohio
“Good food, great service and fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The food was good and not too pricey. It was a lot nicer than what I expected by the fiew from the outside. The portions were big and they had cloth napkins too. We really enjoyed it.

Visited March 2013

New York/CT Area
“Gets the basics right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Fresh seafood well prepared. Good value wine list. Friendly service. I object to a minimum length for reviews.

Visited March 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Dining occasionally”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

A group of us men often view a nearby movie and then dine at Legal Sea Food in Crystal City. Our favorites are a bowl cream of crab soup followed by a crab cake sandwich. What makes this a fine experience is the large hunks of crab meet in the soup and in the sandwich. Both are excellent. We usually start with a frozen margarita. A really nice and flavorful meal.
The restaurant is on the small side, but the service is quite good and friendly. There is plenty of street parking despite the busy Route 1 nearby and a large underground parking garage a half block away - and validated parking. We have rarely had to wait for a table even though the restaurant seems crowded. There is limited space to wait. Legal Sea Food is well run with good food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario, Canada
“Excellent seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Showed up on a Tuesday night at 6:30. The place was packed but the host told us that luckily, he’d just had a cancellation or he’d be telling us a very long wait time. Wow, not used to needing a reservation on a Tuesday night. Washington is a whole other world. In spite of power suits meeting at other tables, they had a kids’ menu with lot of variety. Although I have to say I’ve never seen a kids’ menu that offered $18 steamed lobster. Did I mention Washington is a whole other world? Other kids’ options were in line with other restaurants and the cheese pizza they both chose was good. (Really, kids? You chose pizza in a seafood restaurant?) Husband and I both ordered the chef’s choice, which gave 3 small portions of grilled fish, in addition to shrimp and scallops. I asked the waiter what the choices were that night and he replied with a guess based on what he’d seen go out on other plates that evening. That’s when we realized we were going to get the end pieces of fish that were otherwise too small to go out on other plates. Lol! Admittedly, it allowed for a nice sampling of different seafood for a reasonable price. Got mahi mahi, salmon or arctic char and tuna in addition to the shrimp and scallops. My tuna was medium rare while my husband got his medium. Thought it was odd that the waiter didn’t ask how we wanted the tuna done. All the seafood was moist and flavourful, although my husband’s tuna could have been rarer. Even the bar was packed when we left, so I strongly suggest a reservation for any night of the week.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silverton, Oregon
“Excellent seafood, very accomodating regarding allergies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was staying just down the street and two friends and I decided to have dinner here. We were very happy with our choice. The food was excellent. I highly recommend the Maryland Crab soup. Very rich and with quite a bit of crab meat. I have food allergies and told the waitress about them. Every dish was brought out by someone in the kitchen who told me that my dish had been prepared separately with no ingredients that I was allergic to. I was very happy with the service.

• Visited March 2013