“Good Chain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
2301 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Legal Sea Foods - Crystal City)
+1 703-415-1200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 643 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Chowder, Seafood, Oyster Bar
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 23rd Street
Transit: Crystal City (Yellow Line) Metro station.
Description: For all those who love seafood in Crystal City, the world really can be your oyster. Choose from among the 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish we serve simply prepared, 365 days a year.
“Good Chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The quality and portions were great. Perhaps a little over-priced, but great food. Great location in Cyrstal City, close to National Airport, hotels, and business.

Visited January 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Legal seafood is a good bet for the money. I always go to Legal when I am in a city that has this restaurantt. The food is great and the portions are large enough to share. When we were in Boston we ate there every day.

• Visited September 2012
Defiance, Missouri
“Sea food A Classic BUSY Sea food house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Having been here before i wanted to see how they are faring, overall same service levels, actually had quanities on a Sunday evening when they seem to run out being unable to stock for the weekend (always amazing in this busy environment), establishment smells better, food was excellent, hot and served rapidly. if yo crave seafood this is a reasonable choice for quicky turn around. it gets crowded so OT in advance will ensure you arent waiting in a tiny crowded entry way or outside in the cold.

• Visited January 2013
Sterling, Virginia
“All crab + no cake = awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I'd heard of Legal Seafood for ages now, just had never been anywhere near one. So when I found myself in Crystal City last night and noticed LS just a few blocks away, my friend and I eagerly made the trek. In the biting wind and 20f chill, we were especially grateful for the heat and wonderful aromas as we were seated in our booth. Thank goodness for coatracks, too!
The crab cake was 100% delicious lumpiness and the grilled shrimp and scallops were a perfect accompaniment. My friend got the double stuffed shrimp. They looked divine but weren't his favorite. But lovely Zinfandel and impeccable service came together to complete our nice evening out. Even if it was bone-chilling once we walked back outside again.
This Legal Seafood is very near to many of the area's main hotels, as previously noted, and to the Crystal City metro, which for me, is always critical!

Hawthorne, California
“Tasty franchise type place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I heard very good things about this restaurant and couldn't wait to try it. Clam chowder soup was a big disappointment. Lump crab dip, had no lumps, it was very thin and watery. My meal on the other hand was very tasty and the presentation was excellent. I give the highest praise to the steamed vegetables, especially the spinach, I had a shrimp pasta dish that was good and I tried the stuffed shrimp dish, which I would NOT recommend. The fish and chips were tasty, difficult to mess that up though. I give this a standard rating of a restaurant which is a franchise and nothing spectacular.

Visited January 2013