“Always a Safe Bet” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Willow Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Utah
Transit: Public Transit Stops Two blocks from the Ballston Metro.
Virginia
“Always a Safe Bet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Willow seldom disappoints. The menu choices are varied and include something to please everyone's palate. My friend and I visited for lunch. I ordered the smoked tomato soup, delicious, and the mushroom flatbread. My friend's choice was the beet salad. It was beautifully presented, and in my friends words, very good. I also got a to go smoked salmon sandwich, another great choice. The dining room gets loud as it fills up, but it is otherwise comfortable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Vienna, Virginia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dined at Willow to celebrate 5th wedding anniversary.
There is a reason this place made Washingtonian's Top 100 restaurants and snagged three stars.

Kudos to Willow for getting it right all around. Everything was top notch making it an excellent experience. Huge thanks to our waiter - who provided honest appraisals of the food and really helped steer us in the right direction for a great meal.

Signature cocktails - Spiced Pear Side Care and Whiskey Sour Cherry were well balanced and expertly crafted cocktails. Great way to start the meal.

App - shared the Bay Scallops. Amazing! The baked combination of creamy and crunchy with the scallops worked so well and it was a welcomed. Very distinctive and interesting use a common ingredient which Willow really made their own in this dish.

Entrees - both were absolute hits. As promised by our waiter, seafood really was the way to go. The Salmon with lentils provided a hearty and comforting dish for my husband. My selection of Tuna wrapped in proscuitto was equally yummy - the salty, crispy outer wrapping really made the fish - taking an already great quality ingredient and making it even better.

Dessert - Layer cake of the day. WOW. So yummy and light (I know it sounds so counter intuitive) it was the best d@mn layer cake ever.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

A great place to sit at the bar and have a drink or have dinner. We did both. I had one of their soups (sorry can't remember which one) and the salmon plate - smoked salmon, latkes and a great crunchy slaw. My husband had arugula salad and cauliflower bisque. It was all excellent. Their chardonnay is excellent. Not too noisy, but we were there early. Convenient parking underneath which is plus in busy Clarendon. A little pricey, but worth it.

Austin, Texas
“Willow is very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate @ Willow with a group of friends and were seated in a private room for 8. The atmosphere was beautiful & cozy without being cramped or short on space. The food is excellent & the service was very good. We had a leisurely dinner, great drinks, food & conversation. I suggest readers check this out when visiting Arlington.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, VA
“Wonderful, as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Visited Willow during Restaurant Week DC. My meal (and my friend's) was wonderful, as usual! The beet salad with goat cheese and beautiful greens was absolutely delightful -- and beautiful! A work of art in fact! I also enjoyed the filet mignon stroganoff served atop a bed of tender spaetzel. And ohhh - that lilikoi (passion fruit) cheesecake was heavenly! I can't wait to return -- in fact, I'll be back there next week! Service was attentive and added to the experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere