“Willow is very good” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Willow Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 676 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Utah
Transit: Public Transit Stops Two blocks from the Ballston Metro.
Austin, Texas
“Willow is very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate @ Willow with a group of friends and were seated in a private room for 8. The atmosphere was beautiful & cozy without being cramped or short on space. The food is excellent & the service was very good. We had a leisurely dinner, great drinks, food & conversation. I suggest readers check this out when visiting Arlington.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Arlington, VA
“Wonderful, as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Visited Willow during Restaurant Week DC. My meal (and my friend's) was wonderful, as usual! The beet salad with goat cheese and beautiful greens was absolutely delightful -- and beautiful! A work of art in fact! I also enjoyed the filet mignon stroganoff served atop a bed of tender spaetzel. And ohhh - that lilikoi (passion fruit) cheesecake was heavenly! I can't wait to return -- in fact, I'll be back there next week! Service was attentive and added to the experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Can't Love Willow: Service Slides Again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Note, I’ve reflected before writing this review to ensure I’m not too hasty, but I was very disappointed by our service experience. Willow can’t seem to get the whole package together to reach its full potential. When it first opened, the food was always great but the service was disjointed, then service improved and the food started to slide 2-3 years ago. At our last experience, the food had improved again, but the service was a disaster. I want to love Willow, but I can’t. Regarding our service experience, we waited 45 minutes, even though we had a reservation. The staff explained that a guest occupying our table was an hour late, which is why our table was delayed?!?! So apparently, our punctuality was punished while the former party’s tardiness was allowed. I failed to understand the logic, if that seems demanding then please discount my comments. To Willow’s credit, they did offer us a drink when we were seated, but to help manage my party, Willow would have been better served if free drinks were offered while we waited in the bar to better manage my whole party's dissatisfaction.

When I've had to wait before and were offered immediate consideration such as a free drink or snack while we wait, customer tolerance and patience will go up considerably, but by the time we were seated my party and I had already been amply irritated.

An obvious miss in client management. Plus, there was an error in one of our appetizers, but at this point, such errors were inconsequential after the huge delay. I believe Willow does offer some of the best quality food in this part of Arlington, but the service and customer management needs work. I will need to see some better reviews before risking another Willow visit.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia
“Appetizers better than entrees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Overall food was good but nothing was memorable except for the pear cocktail I had. We had a flat bread and calamari for appetizers and both were very good. I had the petite filet for my entree and ordered it medium. When I cut into it, it was rare. The waiter was polite and fixed it for me, the flavor was good but I've had better. My husband had the lamb sausage dish and he liked it but again, it wasn't anything spectacular. Dessert was just ok, nothing special. The wine and drink list was good. This would be a good place to have drinks and some appetizers but I don't think we will be back for dinner, especially when there are so many fantastic restaurants in the area in the same price range.

Virginia
“Do not miss soft-shell crabs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Excellently prepared and inventive menu. Many good things, soft-shell crabs outstanding. Generally, a best bet is any seafood dish.

• Visited December 2012