“Amazing butternut squash soup!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Willow Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 693 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Utah
Transit: Public Transit Stops Two blocks from the Ballston Metro.
New York City, New York
“Amazing butternut squash soup!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

a little pricey, but great atmosphere. I've eaten here twice, once for Dinner (which was pretty good), and once for lunch which was very good!

Visited January 2013

Falls Church, Virginia
“Healthy delicous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love eating at Willow. The food is amazing! Fresh, organic and healthy. Couldn't ask for anything more. My husband had his Christmas party there last year and everything was great.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Great Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Made my first visit here today for lunch. Food was great and service was excellent. Will definitely return the next time I am in A town! Highly R recommend.

Arlington, VA
“I Save Willow for Special Occasions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

If I have any knock against Willow is that their food is so rich that I could not possibly eat there every day. But if I have to pick a restaurant for special occasions, Willow is at the top of my list.

Sure enough, my second visit to Willow in 2012 was for New Year's Eve dinner. The restaurant was packed, and we encountered at least one unhappy patron who appeared to have drawn the shortest straw in terms of getting seated. One suggestion: make a reservation (especially for New Year's Eve). After a brief wait, we were seated at a perfect table for two. Our server this evening was not particularly chatty or forthcoming, but given how busy the restaurant was, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus in a way, it was nice not to have someone hover over your meal every few minutes.

We started our evening off with two glasses of prosecco. For appetizer, we shared the Coquilles St. Jacques (scallops in creamy wine sauce with maitake mushrooms and aged gouda bread crumbs). Heavenly. Most of the dishes at Willow have a multitude of ingredients, each with a distinctive taste but all working in unison on their particular. That was definitely the case with this appetizer and with my Smoked Peking Duck entree. In addition to the smoked duck breast which was small meal unto itself, my plate also housed a miniature pot pie (also with duck), duck confit, duck sausage, and foie gras duck sauce. I loved it. My girlfriend went with the sauteed halibut, and she was pleased with her meal as well which also came with an assortment of peripheral tastes, such as crab ravioli and roasted fingerling potatoes.

We were too full for dessert on this visit, but it was definitely a tough call turning down Willow dessert because we have had it on previous occasions. They really know their stuff at Willow, the shining gem of cuisine in Ballston.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Dinner was good but the desserts are amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The poached lobster with lobster ravioli was very good and very rich. The rack of lamb was also well-prepared and the homemade sausage was delicious. Both desserts were delicious but the stickly toffee pudding cake was one of the best desserts I've ever had.

Visited December 2012