“If you like Fine Dining, this is the place to go” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Willow Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 685 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Utah
Transit: Public Transit Stops Two blocks from the Ballston Metro.
Streetsboro, Ohio
“If you like Fine Dining, this is the place to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

the food was good, the service was great, and it was a bit pricey and it seemed as the more people that arrived, the louder the room became. I was difficult to hear the other people in our party.

Visited October 2012

78% Recommend
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Very nice surroundings, food okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Recently I had a business lunch at Willow. The location was convenient with nearby street parking and the surroundings were very nice for conversation. The staff was welcoming and very familar with the menu. When asked, they provided recommendations. The food, however, left a lot to be desired. In a business situation I find people are usually very polite and not quick to send back food or complain. As I looked at plates, I noticed soups were not finished and when entrees were served, the chatter started. The entree salad had way too much dressing and the beef stroganhoff was as my associate reported "severly undercooked". Everyone agreed the soup had a very strong vingar taste. We might have hit them on a bad day because the restaurant was filled.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful grown-up restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We've been to Willow probably 20 times in the last two years and never had even a so-so meal. The food is consistently delicious and varied. Lots of seafood and vegetarian options. Excellent "nosh" menu. We often sit in the bar area or the smaller restaurant space off the bar and make a dinner out of their scrumptious appetizers -- try the deviled eggs, the salmon or halibut tacos, the fish and chips, and the salad with hearts of palm. The entrees are spectacular, too. Arlington has become a mecca for young hipsters, and many of the restaurants reflect that constituency's tolerance for noisy packed spaces. Willow is a place where those of us who have aged out of our party years to have a quiet dinner with superb service and just catch up after a long week! It's our favorite restaurant in Arlington.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, VA, USA
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My appetizer and side dish were the highlights of my meal. The appetizer was a salad with a dollop of yogurt sauce on the side, with 2 falafel-shaped balls of quinoa and veggies, next to some brocollini, and some assorted greens - all very tasty and beautifully-presented.
My entree was the special - 2 pepper-crusted petit filet medallions (4 oz each), portabello mushroom fries (awesome!), crispy spinach tart, and shallot wine sauce. The mushroom fries were fantastic, but my spinach tart was unremarkable and my steaks were considerably overcooked (I asked for medium and these were easily medium-well) and if there was any pepper encrusted on it, I missed it.
For dessert I had the pumpkin creme brûlée, which was tasty.

Overall, service was good; the staff is polite and responsive. The quality is good, it simply should be better for what they charge. They should either reduce prices by 10-15% or improve their entree standards. I'm really very thankful that I came here with a Groupon, because my total bill was $71 (taxes and mandatory 18% tip for using Groupon included) before subtracting the promotional value of the Groupon. All in all, I ended up paying $46 for the meal ($25 for the $50 Groupon plus $21 more primarily in tip and taxes). With the Groupon, it was worth it. Otherwise, not a great value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Wow! Great dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was a great experience. The tables are well spaced so you don't feel that you are sharing your meal with strangers. The staff were welcoming and very knowledgable. our waiter gave us a great recommendation on what wine to have with the lobster. And that lobster was terrific -- lobster ravioli and lobster tail resting on a grilled zucchini. It was a feast for the eyes and the taste buds. It was a perfect portion too. I find often in the States that I am served so much food that I lose my appetite. This was beautifully presented and just the right amount. The price was just fine -- I expected to pay more being in the area of corporate/government expense accounts! Definitely worth a visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere