“One of my favorite hotels” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
San Francisco, California
“One of my favorite hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Everything was perfect. I’m very happy with our stay price, room, pool and gym were nice. I was very impressed with everything. The staff (Minofe) was very friendly and helpful. She went out of her way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The location is perfect near to bars, pubs and restaurants. Ballston Mall is just walking distance. I can't say enough about what a good stay I had.

Room Tip: Try Vapiano restaurant. Ballston Mall
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at Westin Arlington Gateway for 6 nights in May 2015 visiting our son's family. The room was spotless, the furniture new and carefully chosen, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom equipped with amazing fixtures. We loved their Green plan ($5 voucher if you don't use maid services per day), wonderful view, fitness, lobby, adjacent Starbucks - everything was convenient, well thought through, and relatively not expensive. The staff was super-friendly, everything worked. We loved our stay!!!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed as part of a wedding party. Friendly easy check-in. Used the valet parking on side street. Room was nice on 15th floor with excellent view. Had the morning buffet which was good, although slightly over priced by a few dollars. It was convenient.
We went to an evening reception, came home late, pulled back the sheets to see two stains. My wife thought they might be blood. We were too tired to call and have the sheets changed. I did fill out the Westin survey two days later, and never heard any response.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Kelly S, Director of Operations at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Good day,

Thank you taking time to share your experience. I am glad your welcome was friendly and easy and that you were able to enjoy the view. It concerns me that you found stains on your sheets and that no one responded to your survey. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with me so I can ensure appropriate follow up and renewal.

Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family booked thus room through Exoedia for $110/night. The room was clean, very well-appointed, huge bathroom, heavenly beds and showers, and an on-site Starbucks. There are several restaurants within a 5 minute walk (Chipotle, Montana Grill, Dunkin Donuts, Big Buns, Subway, IHOP, etc). The Ballston metro stop is aldo withon a 3-5 minute walk. The staff was friendly, even if a bit overbearing with the service. Parking us valet only, $30/day.
You may be interested to know the fitness center is on the 3rd floor by the pool. There are 4 elliptical trainers, 4 treadmills, a bicycle, many medicine balls and free weights. They provide water, wet/cold towels, and even earbuds if you forget yours. You can watch TV or listen to music while looking out the floor-to-ceiling windows at the activity outside.
Finally, a neat feature....they offer a $5 per day food voucher for each day you don't have them change your linens. You can use this voucher at the Starbucks on-site. Good savings!
Overall, we were pleased with our stay!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Good day,

Thank you for being our guest. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our signature programs including the Westin Workout Fitness Studio and our Heavenly Bed. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and I am glad you were able to enjoy. We value our guests feedback and I sincerely thank you for sharing your experience.

Amherst, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I visit my ailing father regularly in assisted living right behind the Westin, and have stayed in many hotels nearby. The Westin is the best choice hands down for its internet, breakfast buffet and access to a pool when I am traveling with my daughter. I even had Christmas dinner in their restaurant with my father, and it was joyful and tasty despite not being at home. The beds are so comfy!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Kelly S, Director of Operations at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Good day,

Thank you for being our guest and taking time to share your experience. I am please you enjoy staying with us and you sleep well in our Heavenly Beds! We look forward to welcoming you back when your journey brings you back to visit your father.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Paid $300 a night. True, the location was great. Two blocks from metro. Great because we had no vehicle. Our view was of the top of the trees in the alley way park. It was a nice view. Staff very polite. Swimming pool (or should I say kiddie pool) was only 3 1/2 ft deep the whole length of the pool. Charged $2 for a bottle of water. Had fridge, so we walked to CVS and got our own to place in fridge. NO continental breakfast!!! You'd think that for $300 a night, that would come with it. There were free apples in the lobby, if you like apples. They have a breakfast buffet for $18 per person. And a full breakfast menu. Starting with 2 eggs, meat, potatoes, bread, for $20. And a Starbucks next to the lobby. Nice place to sleep. I will have to say that was the best about our stay.? The Simmons Heavenly beds and pillows. The best sleep I've had in years. You can get them from the Westin website. Going to purchase one for my Christmas Present to me. But....$300 a night? And a 3 1/2 ft pool, and no continental breakfast? Could stay just outside of area and rented a car then paid parking and taken public transportation a whole lot cheaper and been able to use the rental car for trips outside the metro area. Nice place, but not for someone on a budget. But, maybe they want it that way.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Kelly S, Director of Operations at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good day,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed a heavenly rest. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and do our best to keep competitive pricing for the area. It is our hope that the Westin Brand differentiators (Heavenly Bed and Bath, Westin Workout Fitness Studio…) paired with our associates's personalized service, creates an experience that exceeds our guest’s expectations to make their stay worth the price.

Thank you for being our guest.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was very good. It was spacious with 2 huge beds. I was alone hence I only used 1 one them. Selection of TV channels was also good. Service was only average and not noteworthy. Food in the hotel restaurant was delicious. I had the breakfast menu as well as dinner. The location of the hotel was very close to the office I visited which is why I stayed here. All in all the hotel is pricey compared to what you get.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Good day,

Thank you for being our guest and taking time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your room and Pinzimini. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations. I will share your feedback concerning the service being “not noteworthy” to coach our team on how to exceed our guests’ expectations. Thank you for taking a part in helping us improve our guest service in the future.

Be well,

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!