“Great deal....nice hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Kansas
“Great deal....nice hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My family booked thus room through Exoedia for $110/night. The room was clean, very well-appointed, huge bathroom, heavenly beds and showers, and an on-site Starbucks. There are several restaurants within a 5 minute walk (Chipotle, Montana Grill, Dunkin Donuts, Big Buns, Subway, IHOP, etc). The Ballston metro stop is aldo withon a 3-5 minute walk. The staff was friendly, even if a bit overbearing with the service. Parking us valet only, $30/day.
You may be interested to know the fitness center is on the 3rd floor by the pool. There are 4 elliptical trainers, 4 treadmills, a bicycle, many medicine balls and free weights. They provide water, wet/cold towels, and even earbuds if you forget yours. You can watch TV or listen to music while looking out the floor-to-ceiling windows at the activity outside.
Finally, a neat feature....they offer a $5 per day food voucher for each day you don't have them change your linens. You can use this voucher at the Starbucks on-site. Good savings!
Overall, we were pleased with our stay!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Amherst, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I visit my ailing father regularly in assisted living right behind the Westin, and have stayed in many hotels nearby. The Westin is the best choice hands down for its internet, breakfast buffet and access to a pool when I am traveling with my daughter. I even had Christmas dinner in their restaurant with my father, and it was joyful and tasty despite not being at home. The beds are so comfy!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Paid $300 a night. True, the location was great. Two blocks from metro. Great because we had no vehicle. Our view was of the top of the trees in the alley way park. It was a nice view. Staff very polite. Swimming pool (or should I say kiddie pool) was only 3 1/2 ft deep the whole length of the pool. Charged $2 for a bottle of water. Had fridge, so we walked to CVS and got our own to place in fridge. NO continental breakfast!!! You'd think that for $300 a night, that would come with it. There were free apples in the lobby, if you like apples. They have a breakfast buffet for $18 per person. And a full breakfast menu. Starting with 2 eggs, meat, potatoes, bread, for $20. And a Starbucks next to the lobby. Nice place to sleep. I will have to say that was the best about our stay.? The Simmons Heavenly beds and pillows. The best sleep I've had in years. You can get them from the Westin website. Going to purchase one for my Christmas Present to me. But....$300 a night? And a 3 1/2 ft pool, and no continental breakfast? Could stay just outside of area and rented a car then paid parking and taken public transportation a whole lot cheaper and been able to use the rental car for trips outside the metro area. Nice place, but not for someone on a budget. But, maybe they want it that way.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Kelly S, Director of Operations at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Good day,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed a heavenly rest. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and do our best to keep competitive pricing for the area. It is our hope that the Westin Brand differentiators (Heavenly Bed and Bath, Westin Workout Fitness Studio…) paired with our associates's personalized service, creates an experience that exceeds our guest’s expectations to make their stay worth the price.

Thank you for being our guest.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The room was very good. It was spacious with 2 huge beds. I was alone hence I only used 1 one them. Selection of TV channels was also good. Service was only average and not noteworthy. Food in the hotel restaurant was delicious. I had the breakfast menu as well as dinner. The location of the hotel was very close to the office I visited which is why I stayed here. All in all the hotel is pricey compared to what you get.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Good day,

Thank you for being our guest and taking time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your room and Pinzimini. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations. I will share your feedback concerning the service being “not noteworthy” to coach our team on how to exceed our guests’ expectations. Thank you for taking a part in helping us improve our guest service in the future.

Roseburg, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Free FAST internet in fact. They still charge for parking, sold that part to get around it and blame the people who run the garage now.
Best beds anywhere, very comfortable, lots of pillows, great coffee in the room and renewing a lot of things.
NICE restaurant, good feel to it. Unfortunately the food is barely so-so. I had aa so-so hamburger that read well on the menu but was pretty bland when it came, frozen french fries vs fresh cut, I've tried the breakfast in the past, want's fantastic either. Fortunately there are a couple nice restaurants across the street or Zoe's down around the corner, Zoe's is great. Back to the Westin, staff is always great and helpful, showers are fantastic.
The evening waitress "Rozalia" makes you feel wanted and at home, gives good advice and has a voice I could listen to for hours.
Would I stay here again, of cource, I actually like the place and hace stayed her many times over the years.
And I like to listen to Rozalia.

Room Tip: They have some smaller rooms, the larger ones are better, ask not to be put in the small rooms.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Good day,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and more importantly the people and the service. Our heavenly bed and bath are one of the most important attributes of being a Westin and I am glad you enjoy them. We thank you for being our guest and look forward to welcoming you back.

New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked a suite and arrived around 5 p.m. - we ordered two appetizers as it had been a long drive but had to cancel them as they had not arrived within an hour and he had to leave for dinner - they did deliver a cheese plate and bottle of wine to apologize however upon eating the cheese plate we realized it was moldy. The starbucks attached was out of pretty much everything including coffee lids...

The hotel room and pool were fairly dirty to be honest - there were pink stains on the wall in the bathroom, the coffee table didn't seem like it had been cleaned, we found hairs on the floor, stains on the comforter and the rug. The hot tub in the pool area had some tissue or toilet paper floating around and there was a film in the pool with some clumps of hair near the ladder.

Also - price wise certain aspects were a little ridiculous - I ordered a children's scrambled egg plate which I believe was $6- they add on a $4 service charge and 20% gratuity which basically doubled the cost (plus room for an add'l tip of course). They say that it all goes to the employees however maybe they should pay their employees better instead of putting it back on guests already spending over $300/night. The wifi in our room was very spotty - we had to turn it off a few times as it just kept freezing.

Overall was not impressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a strong wifi connection.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Kelly S, Director of Front Office at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Good day,

Thank you for being our guest. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am sorry to hear we were “just ok…” during your stay. I apologize for your restaurant experience falling below our standards as well as our cleanliness. Your comments have been shared with the teams to ensure we improve on these areas moving forward. Thank you for sharing your experience to help us better assist our guests in the future.

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have stayed here several times for business as is convenient for my business destination. Typical Westin. Great bed. Good bath. Free wifi. Adequate workspace and lighting. Rooms getting a bit dated but totally adequate and undergoing some renovations. A short stroll to metro for commute into DC. In a neighborhood with shops and restaurants. But is often sold out with conferences and/or tourist during peak seasons so hard to get a room when last minute travel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Kelly S, Director of Operations at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Good day,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoy staying with us. In April we completed a multi-million dollar transformation of all of our guest rooms. I hope you will have the opportunity to come and experience the new feel of the Westin Arlington Gateway. Thank you for being our guest.

Be well,

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!