“Friendly Service and Easy Access to D.C.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
UK
“Friendly Service and Easy Access to D.C.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed here for four nights over the 4th of July holiday weekend. The room was comfortable, quiet and we slept very well. We liked the touches like the coffee in the room. The gym is brilliant and has an abundance of machines so it never felt busy. The location of the hotel is excellent - a short stroll from Ballston Metro Station and there is also a bus that goes through Georgetown that leaves from near the hotel. For this reason, the hotel is great for visiting the sites in D.C. The hotel is in a modern part of Arlington and there is a shopping centre across the road from the hotel. The area was quiet at night as it is in a residential area but felt extremely safe and is nice to walk around. There are some eating options close-by but we tended to travel into the city to eat. The highlight of the stay had to be the friendliness of the staff. A great big thank you to Michelle, David and Hieu, the front desk agents we interacted with. They answered our many questions, gave us a late check-out and held onto our luggage for us when we did check-out. Their friendliness made our stay even more pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lara F, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you so much for sharing such kind words about your stay. It's this type of feedback that helps us know we're reaching and exceeding our service goals. Michelle, David, and Hieu will be excited to receive this recognition and I look forward to sharing these comments with them. On your next trip to Arlington and the Washington DC area, we hope that we'll be able to welcome you back for another enjoyable visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Very comfortable, staff very friendly. We got there very late and they were nice enough to extend our checkout time. They had no other parking other than valet parking which is pricey. Would be nice if they had another parking option less expensive.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Westin Arlington Gateway! We're glad to see you had an enjoyable stay. The DC and Arlington areas are limited with parking options, so we're always looking for ways to improve this service. I will pass your feedback to our valet team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I'm with the "3.75 star" contingent here. Three-state six-room weekend family reunion. 2 1/2 blocks to Ballston Metro and Cosi for a quick meal. My sister got us great rates via Expedia so the value for that price was fine. Beds and shower heads truly fabulous. Quiet A/C. Funny how a small detail like leaf-shaped soap lingers in the memory : ) Staff uniformly courteous, friendly, and helpful. Flavored water dispenser in the lobby welcome in the summer heat. Pool all one depth but clean and well-shaded (windows on one wall).

Just wish Westin would fix the website! I called on a Friday about 9:10 AM to ask about basic stuff like Wifi (free), parking (pricey at $29--adding my voice to the litany of objections here), safe in room ("depends on the room"--is that true?), pool ("indoor, weekends only"--that was wrong, it's 7 days)--stuff everyone wants to know, yet I could not find it on line. Called the hotel twice, rang for 3 min each time without any answer, wound up calling the Westin 1-888 #, was on hold over 5 minutes, and then some of the information they gave me was incorrect. Shouldn't have to spend 11 minutes just to reach a human--and this stuff should be easily accessible on the website in the first place. That's an easy fix, Westin--tighten up your basic communication with guests : )

Would return. Had some trouble with a dog barking late afternoons unattended on the 9th floor and was told they "usually keep dogs on lower floors." Would like to see pet policy on website, too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing The Westin Arlington Gateway for your family reunion! I hope your time spent together was memorable and relaxing. I appreciate your feedback regarding the website. I will be sure to review it for a thorough audit and be sure that it communicates everything that would be most helpful to our guests. I will work with our corporate office to make sure this information is properly included on the mobile site as well. Thank you again for taking the time to share these details with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 days/2 nights here with our 2 young kids. We travel regularly. Service here was superior in every way. we left sneakers in our room on checkout... We were on road at light a block from hotel and someone knocked on our window... He had run over with the shoes!!! In pinzimini restaurant (fabulous food), both mornings, staff were so accommodating. Rooms nice as well. Can't say enough good things.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for sharing this story with us! It's comforting to know that this level of service was provided to you and your family. I'm so glad to hear you had a great stay. We appreciate you choosing us for your trip and we hope to welcome you back for a future stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

i have zero complaints...every single person i encountered was so nice and helpful and high spirited. my room was impeccable -the location was excellent...walking distance to tons of things...i wish i was still on vacation...the pricing was superb, they accomodated my request for double beds at no extra charge...valet parking is expensive at 29 a night and unless you find somewhere to park on the street you have to use valet...so that sucks but overall i had a great time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I got this hotel for a really great price off of priceline for a weekend stay.The location is amazing.There are several restaurants within close proximity,as well as a mall.Overall I would rate this hotel a 3.75,but the overnight valet parking is a little pricey(29.00).I was also a little bummed I didn't have anywhere to warm my food.

• Stayed August 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I picked this hotel because it was located near to a relative I was visiting. I've stayed at Westin's before and have always had a good experience. This time was no different. The hotel is sleek and modern. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful if you ask for dining recommendations.

My room had a king bed and modern bedding. The bath was very sleek looking and had cute leaf-shaped soap. There was a nice flat-screen TV, but I was a bit confused by the channels. Some were digital and some were analog and some stations I usually watch did not come in very clear. It was nice to have a little coffee machine where I could heat up water for my tea. They also offered a free water bottle upon arrival. The second one was huge and said it was $2.00, but they didn't seem to charge. me.

They offer a green option where you decline maid service. Since I was only there two nights and by myself, I decided to participate. If you decline the maid service, you get a $5 voucher good at the restaurant. I used it the next morning for the breakfast buffet. It was one of the best buffets I've had. There was smoked salmon with capers, cheesy scrambled eggs and excellent tasting bacon--not all soggy as you get at some buffets. I don't eat wheat or grains and had plenty to choose from. The berries were outstanding.

My only complaint was that my room air conditioning did not seem to work properly. It wasn't even that hot out, although it was humid. The temperature did not come down to the level that I set so I felt a bit hot at night. I am used to sleeping cooler. The hotel seemed quiet enough, even with my room being on the street side.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Green Features: I did not mind declining maid service since it was just me, but did want the AC to get a bit cooler!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!