“Consistently Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Chicago, Illinois
“Consistently Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I spent 2 days/2 nights here with our 2 young kids. We travel regularly. Service here was superior in every way. we left sneakers in our room on checkout... We were on road at light a block from hotel and someone knocked on our window... He had run over with the shoes!!! In pinzimini restaurant (fabulous food), both mornings, staff were so accommodating. Rooms nice as well. Can't say enough good things.

• Stayed August 2014
Lara F, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing this story with us! It's comforting to know that this level of service was provided to you and your family. I'm so glad to hear you had a great stay. We appreciate you choosing us for your trip and we hope to welcome you back for a future stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

i have zero complaints...every single person i encountered was so nice and helpful and high spirited. my room was impeccable -the location was excellent...walking distance to tons of things...i wish i was still on vacation...the pricing was superb, they accomodated my request for double beds at no extra charge...valet parking is expensive at 29 a night and unless you find somewhere to park on the street you have to use valet...so that sucks but overall i had a great time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I got this hotel for a really great price off of priceline for a weekend stay.The location is amazing.There are several restaurants within close proximity,as well as a mall.Overall I would rate this hotel a 3.75,but the overnight valet parking is a little pricey(29.00).I was also a little bummed I didn't have anywhere to warm my food.

• Stayed August 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I picked this hotel because it was located near to a relative I was visiting. I've stayed at Westin's before and have always had a good experience. This time was no different. The hotel is sleek and modern. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful if you ask for dining recommendations.

My room had a king bed and modern bedding. The bath was very sleek looking and had cute leaf-shaped soap. There was a nice flat-screen TV, but I was a bit confused by the channels. Some were digital and some were analog and some stations I usually watch did not come in very clear. It was nice to have a little coffee machine where I could heat up water for my tea. They also offered a free water bottle upon arrival. The second one was huge and said it was $2.00, but they didn't seem to charge. me.

They offer a green option where you decline maid service. Since I was only there two nights and by myself, I decided to participate. If you decline the maid service, you get a $5 voucher good at the restaurant. I used it the next morning for the breakfast buffet. It was one of the best buffets I've had. There was smoked salmon with capers, cheesy scrambled eggs and excellent tasting bacon--not all soggy as you get at some buffets. I don't eat wheat or grains and had plenty to choose from. The berries were outstanding.

My only complaint was that my room air conditioning did not seem to work properly. It wasn't even that hot out, although it was humid. The temperature did not come down to the level that I set so I felt a bit hot at night. I am used to sleeping cooler. The hotel seemed quiet enough, even with my room being on the street side.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Green Features: I did not mind declining maid service since it was just me, but did want the AC to get a bit cooler!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great location only 2-3 blocks from the metro. Very comfortable beds, spacious rooms. Reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance. Easy access to central Wash DC and local transport. Nice marble bathrooms with good showers. However, overnight parking is pricey. Lack of outlets for recharging electronics except for the power strip they provided. Just tacky & awful looking when you're paying $250/night. This isn't a Motel 6. Upon bending down to use the power strip, I also noticed a large hole in the carpet next to the wall. Poor upkeep & lack of maintenance in certain areas of the hotel. Will I return? Probably. I do business nearby and it's my favorite hotel out of the ones in the area. It just feels like they should be doing a better job on the small things when you're paying $250-300/night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel is located close to several good places to eat. We stayed here due to the close proximity to the Birchmere Venue only 5 miles away.
Parking is $29 overnight with in and out privileges. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and bed was comfortable. Love the bath products!
I've always been happy with the Westin hotels. They are consistently clean with lovely staff.

Stayed July 2014
Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our family just returned from a week in D.C. We stayed 2 nights in Alexandria-Old Town then moved to this hotel in downtown Arlington. The location was perfect. Lots of restaurants right across the street - and there is a mall (with a food court) across the street, too. The Metro is a less than 10 minute walk away - and you can walk there inside and covered the whole time if you cut through the mall. We did not want to use the hotel's valet to park our car, so we parked in the mall for the week and saved $75 and had easy access to our car when we wanted it. We took the train into D.C. 3 days and drove/parked in D.C. the other 3 days we were there and it worked out great. The lobby of the hotel is modern, warm, and smells amazing! The rooms were nice - nothing extraordinary, but nice. The hotel seemed to have mostly business travelers, but our family was made to feel welcome.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!