“Conflicted about this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Norfolk, Virginia
“Conflicted about this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great location only 2-3 blocks from the metro. Very comfortable beds, spacious rooms. Reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance. Easy access to central Wash DC and local transport. Nice marble bathrooms with good showers. However, overnight parking is pricey. Lack of outlets for recharging electronics except for the power strip they provided. Just tacky & awful looking when you're paying $250/night. This isn't a Motel 6. Upon bending down to use the power strip, I also noticed a large hole in the carpet next to the wall. Poor upkeep & lack of maintenance in certain areas of the hotel. Will I return? Probably. I do business nearby and it's my favorite hotel out of the ones in the area. It just feels like they should be doing a better job on the small things when you're paying $250-300/night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel is located close to several good places to eat. We stayed here due to the close proximity to the Birchmere Venue only 5 miles away.
Parking is $29 overnight with in and out privileges. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and bed was comfortable. Love the bath products!
I've always been happy with the Westin hotels. They are consistently clean with lovely staff.

Stayed July 2014
Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our family just returned from a week in D.C. We stayed 2 nights in Alexandria-Old Town then moved to this hotel in downtown Arlington. The location was perfect. Lots of restaurants right across the street - and there is a mall (with a food court) across the street, too. The Metro is a less than 10 minute walk away - and you can walk there inside and covered the whole time if you cut through the mall. We did not want to use the hotel's valet to park our car, so we parked in the mall for the week and saved $75 and had easy access to our car when we wanted it. We took the train into D.C. 3 days and drove/parked in D.C. the other 3 days we were there and it worked out great. The lobby of the hotel is modern, warm, and smells amazing! The rooms were nice - nothing extraordinary, but nice. The hotel seemed to have mostly business travelers, but our family was made to feel welcome.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend as we were visiting my family in Arlington. It took me calling at least 10 hotels in Arlington to find a hotel that was dog friendly, I was a tad shocked that so many CITY hotel are not pet friendly .. especially so close to DC as that is a huge family vacation location. The Westin Arlington Gateway was not only priced well, it was very modern, clean and the staff was great! My boyfriend has a English Bull Terrier who looks like a Pitbull but is the sweetest most well behaved dog ever .. we had no issues whatsoever with bringing him to this hotel and to make it even better .. NO PET FEE!! The hotel itself is within walking distance to plenty of shops and dining options. I noticed a Macy's about 1 block away but found out the store didn't open until 12:00pm on Sunday and check-out was at 12:00pm, since we had the dog, we couldn't check-out and then leave him in the car while we shopped, so I asked the front desk agent if we could have a late check-out so I could visit Macy's quickly and they were happy to extend our reservation until 1:30pm which was great! Overall, we were very happy with the hotel. The only negative is the bathroom products, I have come to expect Q-tips, cotton balls and mouthwash not just shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap so I didn't pack any from home and then didn't have anything to take my makeup off with, but I made it work with some tissues. I hate getting super white washcloths/towels dirty with makeup .. I always feel bad! We will for sure stay at this hotel again, and I will likely check into Westin hotels when traveling to other cities.

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Preferred Guest program and you get free bottles of water in the room and complime...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I were on business in Arlington. The Westin Arlington Gateway was the most convenient hotel to our meetings. The location is good, however, that is were the good stops. We arrived about 11:00 PM after being rerouted due to weather. National Airport was closed for several hours, consequently it should not have been a surprise to the hotel that people were checking in late. We stood in line over 20 minutes due to lack of staff. Then we asked if the restaurant was open....no, but room service was. OK. Called room service...sorry we closed at 11:00 PM. We were able to order a bottle of wine which took almost 30 minutes to arrive. The following morning housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8:15...maybe later. My bath towel the first morning had lipstick stains on it, and the second morning there were grease stains. I did take a picture of the grease stained towel, and upon checkout I showed to the manager. He took the wine charge off the bill. We will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and I spent a few nights at the Westin Gateway. It was a very pleasant place to stay. The room are spacious. We needed a crib and it was brought to our room soon after we arrived. The breakfast in the hotel is very good. You can choose from a menu or buffet. We had a great time!

Room Tip: If you have small kids, choose a king suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great Hotel in the Arlington - Washington Area. Thanks for an wonderful service. Elizabeth the Bolivian lady was awesome and very helpfully. Next visit to Washington DC we going to stay in Westin Again. The only thing is the parking price. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!