“Great location and GREAT with dogs!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great location and GREAT with dogs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend as we were visiting my family in Arlington. It took me calling at least 10 hotels in Arlington to find a hotel that was dog friendly, I was a tad shocked that so many CITY hotel are not pet friendly .. especially so close to DC as that is a huge family vacation location. The Westin Arlington Gateway was not only priced well, it was very modern, clean and the staff was great! My boyfriend has a English Bull Terrier who looks like a Pitbull but is the sweetest most well behaved dog ever .. we had no issues whatsoever with bringing him to this hotel and to make it even better .. NO PET FEE!! The hotel itself is within walking distance to plenty of shops and dining options. I noticed a Macy's about 1 block away but found out the store didn't open until 12:00pm on Sunday and check-out was at 12:00pm, since we had the dog, we couldn't check-out and then leave him in the car while we shopped, so I asked the front desk agent if we could have a late check-out so I could visit Macy's quickly and they were happy to extend our reservation until 1:30pm which was great! Overall, we were very happy with the hotel. The only negative is the bathroom products, I have come to expect Q-tips, cotton balls and mouthwash not just shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap so I didn't pack any from home and then didn't have anything to take my makeup off with, but I made it work with some tissues. I hate getting super white washcloths/towels dirty with makeup .. I always feel bad! We will for sure stay at this hotel again, and I will likely check into Westin hotels when traveling to other cities.

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Preferred Guest program and you get free bottles of water in the room and complime...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I were on business in Arlington. The Westin Arlington Gateway was the most convenient hotel to our meetings. The location is good, however, that is were the good stops. We arrived about 11:00 PM after being rerouted due to weather. National Airport was closed for several hours, consequently it should not have been a surprise to the hotel that people were checking in late. We stood in line over 20 minutes due to lack of staff. Then we asked if the restaurant was open....no, but room service was. OK. Called room service...sorry we closed at 11:00 PM. We were able to order a bottle of wine which took almost 30 minutes to arrive. The following morning housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8:15...maybe later. My bath towel the first morning had lipstick stains on it, and the second morning there were grease stains. I did take a picture of the grease stained towel, and upon checkout I showed to the manager. He took the wine charge off the bill. We will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and I spent a few nights at the Westin Gateway. It was a very pleasant place to stay. The room are spacious. We needed a crib and it was brought to our room soon after we arrived. The breakfast in the hotel is very good. You can choose from a menu or buffet. We had a great time!

Room Tip: If you have small kids, choose a king suite.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great Hotel in the Arlington - Washington Area. Thanks for an wonderful service. Elizabeth the Bolivian lady was awesome and very helpfully. Next visit to Washington DC we going to stay in Westin Again. The only thing is the parking price. Thanks.

tinton falls, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

have to pay for everything, but hey it is a luxury hotel and you get your money's worth. great beds, great rooms and a great lobby. you have to pay for parking or park on the street and keep moving your car. would go back if i get a good deal.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the street if you want to see a little activity. the rooms on the other side a...
Montpelier, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is an easy metro ride from DC with all of its' attractions. I was dropped off by a taxi and immediately welcomed and made to feel comfortable. I was traveling on my own to meet up with friends and felt very comfortable from the moment I arrived. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food in the hotel restaurant is superb -- breakfast, lunch and dinner! I noticed from the events board that a conference was going on but I never saw or heard the participants -- this Westin really is a quiet, calm oasis after a busy day visiting museums and galleries in DC. There is a terrific terrace if you want to enjoy the street scene - -a great spot for a drink and /or to enjoy a meal.

Room Tip: shower in my room was terrific-- I assume they are the same in all rooms
Green Features: I appreciated the fact that they don't replace all towels everyday unless you leave them on the floor indicating that they need to be replaced.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Vacation pick because hotel has pool for the kids; close to metro(subway) for easy access to DC sites; and plenty of mid priced restaurants close by. Staff was exceptional. Pool not accessible until 5-10 pm on week days, but we were so busy seeing the sites in DC it wasn't a factor. Things we didn't like; parking cost and fee for WiFi in the room. Front Desk guy Dave was incredible with great tips and suggestions for getting around DC sites.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have refrigerator, but be sure to request microwave in order to prepare snacks and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!