“Lovely and dog friendly! ” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Lovely and dog friendly! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

A lovely property located within a mostly commercial area just two short blocks from the Metro.

The staff was warm and welcoming. The valet genuinely cared about our experience and the concierge graciously insisted on walking our dog during check-in so that our hands would be free (welcomed assistance). No pet or cleaning fees, just a reasonable liability waiver. We were also offered a complimentary "heavenly" dog bed, which we declined. The staff actually greeted our Jack Russell by name every time they saw him, it was like traveling with a celebrity; this is truly a dog friendly hotel!

A decent view from our Club room but the surrounding area wasn't particularly memorable. The room's size was good but not "generous," the bath was on the small side of standard but functional and well appointed. The king bed was "heavenly" just as expected.

My one complaint is the property advertised a Club Lounge with its Club Rooms (at a premium) but the lounge was closed during our entire stay. Maybe the lounge was closed for renovations, but I'm not sure as the signage was cryptic and the staff indicated it had been closed for some time. I suggest calling the hotel directly before booking Club. This shortfall would have really upset me if my upgrade to Club hadn't been a free perk of my preferred guest status.

I highly recommend this jewel to anyone traveling with a dog!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Sterling, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were given a great deal on the rooms, however, we were then charged for parking (where did they think we would park?) AND internet for the room.

The staff was friendly and helpful; but the "great deal" was not so great with the added expenditures.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
pzalocha, Director of Sales at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Wendy G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We will review your comments with our management team, and hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Paul
Springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights in June and had a wonderful time. The room was spacious, clean, and well appointed. The breakfast buffet was excellent. It is 4 blocks from the metro and a short ride to all of D.C.'s attractions. There are lots of restaurants in the area as well as other shopping opportunities. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife & I stayed here for a few nights over the 4th of July weekend. This hotel provided a much better value than other options within DC, and its location just 2 blocks from a Metro station gave us easy access to the city. The entrance and lobby is airy and modern, and we loved having a full Starbucks store right off the lobby to start the day.

We didn't use the hotel restaurant, but it looked decent. PF Changs and other good dining options are also right across the street.

We had a standard king room, which was comfortable, but the bathroom felt a tad on the small size. Bed and bath linens seemed particularly nice. The swimming pool was on the 3rd floor and the standard-height ceiling seemed a bit low for that type of space.

The staff was very friendly and promptly accommodating. Free valet parking is also a nice touch. I'd definitely consider staying here again next time we plan a visit to DC.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I chose to stay at Westin Arlington for my past experiences with Westin Times Square. This hotel was a nice place to stay, too. Rooms are very clean. The signature of White Tea Aloe aroma is my favorite thing in Westin hotels, and it was there again. I loved it.

Details:
I stayed in a room in 5th floor. There was a noise problem from the windows and air conditioner which will disturb you. I couldn't sleep well, honestly. On the other hand, the beds are very comfortable. For two nights of parking, which is valet parking, I paid $58, excluding the tips.
Another problem was with the internet in the rooms. I had two devices, laptop and cell phone, by which I wanted to arrange some of my works online at night before midnight. Started at 11pm but couldn't connect properly for half an hour. And I called for Express Service. An IT expert came over the phone and we talked for about 30 minutes (at which I already missed my deadlines=fines on the way). Anyway until I go to sleep on 1AM, the internet wasn't properly provided in the room. So I was left with my works and deadlines and fines. The day after I had no time to take care of those and a simple problem led to more problems with me.

All in all, I liked the hotel but the noise and internet problems were a killer for me. I won't go back again to this particular one.

Room Tip: Don't go to rooms on the 5th floor for the noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Safa704,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the inadequate internet service and noise issues you experienced during your stay. We will review your comments with our management team, and do everything we can to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Paul
Chino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The staff was very friendly...The rooms were great and the beds were very comfortable. The pool area was clean and there was a lifeguard who was always checking to make sure the pool was clean. The room service was average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Linz, Österreich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Beautiful, clean hotel with nice staff. Metro station (Ballston) is just two blocks away. Around the corner of the hotel there is a mall (not that awesome but quite ok) which is very useful if you need something from the pharmacy or want to grab a bite to eat. There are also some restaurants in the neighborhood and next to the hotel lobby there is a Starbucks.
Our room was on the third floor, spacious and clean.
The gym could have been better equipped (more heavy weights!), the indoor pool is quite nice.

The room rates are rather high so I don't understand, why WIFI is not already included.

Green Features: "Make a green choice" is an awesome project. For each night you decline housekeeping, you get a voucher or Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints. Very nice idea.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!