“Shower only if short” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Paro, Bhutan
“Shower only if short”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel was nice and service was excellent. Club lounge was very good with tons of lox at breakfast. Only problem was the shower. Not much water pressure and the shower head was one of the rainfall ones and was barely over 6 feet high. There was a regular head as well but had to duck under the rainfall one to use it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
David M, Director of Rooms Division at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
GOP_Nomad,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and highlighting The Westin Executive Lounge. I am glad that you enjoyed the selection during your visit. I am sorry that you found the shower head at a height that failed to meet your needs; as you mention the Heavenly Showerhead II does include a handheld wand for additional height and mobility. In the event you have any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me at 703.537.4216.

Director of Rooms Division

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Post Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The hotel was very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beds and rooms were comfortable and clean. We stayed on the weekend and during the off season and so our rate was very reasonable. Extra amenities were very expensive, for example, a can of coke was $2.00. The restaurant was o.k. I have a gluten allergy and the options were very few. Portions were unimpressive, but the food was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
David M, Director of Rooms Division at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Rebekah T,

Thank you for your review of The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel "Very Nice & Clean." Our culinary team is currently reviewing the Pinzimini menu for a refresh and will look into opportunities for gluten free options. Should you have additional feedback or suggestions, please contact me at david.meredith@westin-arlington.com.

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have stayed at the Westin at Ballston for years. The location is perfect for getting on the metro and the restaurants and bars in walking distance...within a block or accross the street, certainly keeps us coming back to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
David M, Director of Rooms Division at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear ArlaSage,

Thank you for the compliments! The Westin Arlington Gateway is conveniently located within a short walk of the Ballston Metro station. We offer multiple dining options including: Pinzimini, our Italian-inspired cuisine in a warm and contemporary atmosphere. We hope to see you again soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We arrived Saturday night and waited quite some time for a valet to come out and take our car. Our room was clean except the pillows which 4 out of 5 were dirty- seemed they forgot to change them. No big deal we called the front desk and asked for clean ones.... 40 minutes later still no pillows. Called front desk again- they said couldn't find any (really??) and they would be up shortly. It's 1 am, my husbands birthday and we are Still waiting for clean pillows. Unacceptable. Very poor service by the cleaning and management staff.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
David M, Director of Rooms Division at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Nova2003,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of The Westin Arlington Gateway. We certainly fell short on providing basic service during your stay and I will personally follow up with our team. I look forward to a future opportunity to show you our true service standard.

-Dave
Setauket, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Recently stayed for two nights at the Westin Arlington. While not a bad hotel, certainly was not up to pare for a Westin. The good: Really nice and helpful staff. Especially the concierge, Cynthia. She was great and went out of her way to help me and my husband with our plans. The location is pretty good, two blocks from a metro and there is shopping and restaurants nearby.

The bad: We booked a concierge level club room. No one told us the club was closed from Friday to Sunday, the period that we were staying. So we paid extra for nothing. They did however, give us complimentary vouchers for breakfast at the restaurant. I've gotten those at hotels many times without booking a club room. In fact the Marriott Crystal City Gateway, gave me free breakfast vouchers over the summer and I did not book a club room there.

The room was OK, some of the furniture was scratched and there was mold in the grout on the tub. Nothing horrible, but I guess I expected more from a Westin. The water pressure in the sink in the bathroom was really low. If this was to save water, then OK, I support this, but something tells me it was a pressure problem.

The service in the restaurant for breakfast was really slow. Very nice waiters and waitresses, but very slow.

Overall, not bad but not what I expected.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PeabodyNY,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for the team. I was delighted to read the compliments regarding our Concierge, Cynthia, and will certainly pass them on. I am sorry that you did not find value in the breakfast alternative at Pinzimini. The hotel has a wide variety of green initiatives to reduce waste and promote sustainability. I hope we have the opportunity to host you on your next visit to the Arlington area.

-Dave
Houthalen, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Rooms are very old, with a dirty looking carpet. All wood finishings are coming loose. Mildew on the bathroom door. The room was also very noisy.
Bar closed at 10:45 PM and the bartender was only interested in the game on the big screen. Limited drinks selection.
The lounge was very disappointing with a poor selection, coffee maker down for many weeks, attendant was not showing up.
The good points: Reception at check in and the bell boys.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lara F, Director of Rooms Division at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Eddy B,
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit of The Westin Arlington Gateway. I am sorry for the shortfalls in service and product that you experienced and will work with my team to take immediate corrective actions. I appreciate the positive comment regarding our guest services and luggage assistance teams. Should you have the opportunity, please feel free to connect with me directly at david.meredith@westin-arlington.com.

maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just returned home from 1 night at the Westin in Arlington....Let's see....Internet works 20% of the time; Bar service non existent...The best of all---valet parked my car...turned lights on and left car that way for 20 hours...Battery completely dead....The staff spent 30 minutes telling my battery was to blame--no triple a--no nothing...they offered to waive my parking fee---after I called triple A and they jump started the car...I have NEVER seen such a ridiculous denial of responsibility--all i wanted was for them to get me some assistance and offer some accommodation--they offered me a meal while we waited for tripleA--even though I had free meal voucher as part of Starwood Gold....NEVER stay here--go to the Ritz in Pentagon city--better service; great food; less expensive and they actually give a blank!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
David M, Director of Rooms Division at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Cherrypt,
I was deeply disappointed to read your review of the services experienced during your visit to The Westin Arlington Gateway. It is my expectation that our team members provide a level of service above what you have seen at the Ritz Pentagon City. I look forward to an opportunity to discuss your visit; my direct telephone line is 703.537.4216.

Director of Rooms Division

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!