“Modern room in Arlington, VA” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Rancho Cucamonga
“Modern room in Arlington, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip in Arlington, VA. The street is noisy and had lots of construction going on. However there are plenty of good restaurants near by within walking distance. I would likely choose another hotel for my next vsit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lara F, Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Westin Arlington Gateway for your trip last year. I'm so sorry to hear that the construction prevented you from having an enjoyable stay with us. Your experience does not reflect the level of service and care we strive to provide to our guests and I apologize we fell short of creating a renewing stay for you. Please let us know when you do return to Arlington so that I may ensure a flawless experience for you. If there are any additional comments or concerns from this stay, please feel free to contact our team at frontoffice@westin-arlington.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Spent a Bar Mitzvah weekend here recently and loved it. Great gym, great location, and very attentive staff. My only complaints are 1) that the parking is very much valet-only, so if you are forgetful like me, you have to inconvenience the helpful attendants to return to your vehicle, and 2) there is, apparently, no club lounge. But really, these are small problems.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lara F, Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments both here and on our hotel website. We appreciate you choosing the Westin Arlington Gateway and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. My apologies that you experienced any problems with our valet service. I'll be sure to speak with that department so that any future issues can be avoided. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back on a future trip to Arlington.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here in the last of September and thought it was a great location, very clean and excellent front desk and concierge services. In fact everyone gave excellent service. We walked to restaurants and shopping. The room was very nice with an upholstered chair and table, with a lamp - excellent to read by. I had to pay for internet service, but it was reasonable. The only restaurant was excellent, but very pricey, especially for cocktails - only bought 1! The only problem was the water pressure in our bathroom, the sink was bad and at times the toilet had to be repeated flushed. The amenities in the bathroom and room (coffee maker etc.) were great; befitting a Westin hotel. The grounds were also immaculate, especially the back patio/terrace area. We always felt safe walking the streets in the area.

Room Tip: all are about the same - sound-proofed really well.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback regarding your stay. I'm so sorry to hear you experienced some issues with the water pressure. If you'd like to reach out to us directly at frontoffice@westin-arlington.com, I will ensure that our engineering team can inspect the room to make sure everything is in proper working condition. It's great to see you were able to enjoy our Ballston neighborhood location and our Pinzimini restaurant. Thank you again for choosing the Westin Arlington Gateway and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Arvada, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is a nice place to stay. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are very clean, it is within short walking distance to a mall and many resturants. It is a nice place but it is just a normal hotel, nothing stand out good or bad.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Arlington Gateway. I appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback with us. Our goal is for our guests to depart feeling renewed, feeling better than when they arrived and I am sorry we did not achieve this on your visit. I am glad to see you enjoyed our staff and convenient location, but am sorry that your expectations were not exceeded. Please reach out to us at frontdesk@westin-arlington.com before your next stay and let us know how we can work to provide you with an exceptional experience.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here with spouse for a conference he was attending. The hotel was nice and located very close to shopping. Nice, friendly staff although they weren't so helpful with giving directions, not that they were rude, but not helpful. Aside from that, the room was nice and the food was okay. I'd prefer to pay a little less for a room with free hot breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lara F, Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback regarding your stay. Our team strives to provide the best possible service, so I'm sorry to see that these expectations were not fully met. I will share these comments with the concierge team to make sure they have all the necessary information and are able to answer any guest questions. Again, I thank you for your review, as this is the best way for our team to grow and improve. We hope to welcome you and your spouse back for a future visit.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great hotel, nice rooms with big windows and comfortable beds. There are plenty of restaurants within a 5 minute walk or less. Pleasant staff.

The best part was that there is a great jogging trail less than a half mile away. Cross Glebe Rd and follow Wilson to George Mason Drive. At that intersection the paved trail starts in the south west corner. It goes further than you will and is well traveled with joggers and bike commuters. Gym was well equipped for a hotel gym.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lara F, Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Westin Arlington Gateway! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our nearby jogging paths. We are passionate about our Run Westin program since it benefits so many of our guests, so I am excited to share these comments with my team. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay!
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Friendly staff, and a nice location. Close to the Metro and there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

The rooms are dated. They are just not up to what I would expect for a Westin, and what they expect people to pay to stay here. Also other than location, this hotel really doesn't differentiate itself in any way, which is a shame because there are plenty of other properties within a few blocks.

My TV did not have a HDMI port, it was that old. One of my biggest pet peaves in 2013 is no place to plug in a smart phone near the bed, this should be mandatory. This should have been mandatory 8 years ago. Also the bathroom had some moldy spots and the hardware was just not impressive, as I showed in the pictures.

The wifi is a complete joke, especially the part about wanting people to pay for it. When I did connect to the "standard" internet, I realized that it was about 5 times slower than my smartphone, so I gave up, complete waste of money.

The pool is small, but the workout room is nice and there is plenty of equipment. The club lounge is uninspired both in the morning and evening. For instance, the yogurt and bagel varieties lose out to the last Fairfield Inn that I stayed at.

The location is good, the restaurant below has very friendly staff, there just isn't a compelling reason to stay here.

Room Tip: The higher the better, no view and you want to stay away from the busy road outside.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
David M, Director of Rooms Division at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Falqon,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Westin Arlington Gateway. I am sorry you found the hotel disappointing during your visit. We are currently reviewing options to make the rooms more convenient and I look forward to posting about them soon.

Be well,

-Dave

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!