“A much-improved stay from my last visit” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Topeka, KS
“A much-improved stay from my last visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

My 2013 hotel stay went more smoothly than my 2012 stay which was a series of mishaps resulting in room changes. The only hiccup for my most recent stay was the fact that they had no record of my reservation that had been made through a third party. However, the front desk attendent, Beth, was great and found my reservation after making a couple of phone calls. The hotel and the room was very clean and in good repair. The location of this hotel is perfect for my business meeting, and there are lots of restaurants in walking distance. All of the staff that I encountered were very friendly.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lara F, Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Arlington Gateway. I'm so glad you gave us the opportunity to deliver a better experience during your stay. We are always striving to provide the best possible service and these comments keep us motivated. Our team will take comfort in knowing that you were able to see improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit and we hope to exceed your expectations yet again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed for two nights at the Weston hotel in Arlington while visiting the DC area. The front desk Beth did a marvelous work as initially she could not find me reservation but she managed to getbme a room with all the requirements I needed.

The room was very clean and the bed with the pillows provided a very relaxing sleep.

The rooms were spacious and in room 630 the AC had a buzzing sound but generally worked ok.

The hotel has a Starbucks coffee in the lobby which was perfect to get a morning cup of coffee. The coffee in the rooms was supplied from Starbucks as well.

The elevators are fast to come so no waisted time in waiting for them.

The hotel has a mall next to it, not too big but decent . Many restaurants around the hotel in walking distance (vapaino, panera, PF Chang and many others)

Check out was a breeze without surprises in the bell.

Over all it was a great experience

Room Tip: Check the AC noises when checking in as it might get louder
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Joanna S, Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. It's great to see that our team was able to provide you with excellent service from check-in to check-out and I look forward to sharing this feedback with them. And thank you for bringing the AC unit to my attention. I'll be sure to have a member of our engineering staff look into it. We appreciate you choosing the Westin Arlington Gateway and we hope to welcome you back for a future visit.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This has to be one of the worst Westin's I have stayed in. The lobby and exterior of the hotel is very presentable. Its when you get into the rooms that you begin to wonder if you are in the same hotel. Stayed here for 5 nights (had 2 rooms, one suite and one double room) and could not wait to leave. The suite on 15th Floor, which is the Starwood Premium Floor, leaves a lot to be desired. The suite was dark and dreary. The sofa bed in the living room had seen better days. The cushions on this horrible sofa were squished, dirty and had seen better days. The carpet needs to be burnt. How can they justify this? The Executive lounge carpet (see photos) is disgusting and has stains which are blatantly visible. How can one eat breakfast in a place that looks like this? I did not. This is NOT a cheap hotel therefore its a total rip off. Housekeeping is sporadic. The service button on the telephone did not work for 3 days. The water pressure in the sink is a trickle at best. When I complained and they sent a person up told me that there is nothing wrong and the whole hotel has the same pressure. The refrigerator made a not-so-soothing noise day and night and it was in the bedroom.

The best is yet to come. The Valet backed our car into a wall in the parking lot in the basement! Seriously they did. But I must admit that the Management offered to take care of the repairs but of course not the inconvenience (they did not charge us for the parking). They should have comped the room. I am hoping that they still will when they read this (if they read this).

Do not stay here and do not use the parking facility. The Management needs to wake up.

Room Tip: Check the room before you move in - if you really do decide to stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
David M, Director of Rooms Division at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear KiraMexico,

I was disappointed to read your review of The Westin Arlington Gateway. From your comments we failed to meet your basic expectations and I do apologize. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to discuss your visit, please connect with me directly at 703.537.4216.

Be well,

-Dave
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was my first time visiting DC and we wanted to stay somewhere near the Metro that wouldn't break the bank. After doing some research we decided on this Westin and when we booked on line and paid in advance we got a fairly good deal at least compared to comparable hotels in DC.

The Metro is just about 2 blocks from the hotel and an easy flat stroll. The hotel has a Starbucks right off to the side of their lobby which made it very easy to grab a coffee in the morning. They also had a little restaurant in the lobby We only had breakfast there one day which was OK. 2 eggs with toast and choice of meat was about $12.

I was on the 10th floor of about 15 total. No view to look at just the building across the street. Ask for a room away from the street if you are a light sleeper as it was a bit noisy during the evenings on the street side. The room was a rectangle box but had those heavenly beds and I slept great. The shower has the rounded curtain rod to appear to give you a little more room.

The concierge gave us a great recommendation for a restaurant just behind the hotel that was wonderful, Grand Cru. Would stay there again for the overall convenience and choices of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Westin Arlington Gateway! I'm so happy to know we were a part of your first trip to our Nation's Capital and that our convenient location helped you get around town easily. I'm sorry your room did not exceed your expectations but I'm glad you were able to enjoy a restful sleep. Thanks again for your comments and feedback. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was my final (lengthy) stay during 2 months in DC at 8 different Starwood properties. I loved the walk through the little park to the Metro and there were a large number of excellent local eateries nearby (loved Mike's Cafe and the little Wine Bistro around the corner), as well as the Ballston Mall which is home of the Kettler Capitals Iceplex (where the Caps Practice). This is right near entrances to the networked bike trails of DC and has the feel of a newer area of the city. There was a very nice club which is not always a given in Westins as it is in Sheratons. The staff was very helpful with any requests and wouldn't let me carry the large box of items I had to pack and ship home at the end of my DC stay, they even helped me get it to the UPS store nearby. This was a very nice combination of amenities and location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Joanna S, Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing not only your comments but your story as well! After two months of traveling, I hope you are making time to rest and relax. I'm glad you took advantage of everything there is to find in our Ballston neighborhood from the restaurants to the bike paths to the Caps practice rink. Our team is always striving to make sure each guest is well cared for, and I'm delighted to know we did not disappoint while assisting with your departure. Starwood is lucky to have such a loyal guest and I'm excited that we made the list in your selection of hotels. When your travel plans bring you back to DC, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Arlington Gateway!
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is the third time I stayed here and I have had consistently good experiences. Nice hotel, close to the Metro, good food in the restaurant and nice places to eat and drink nearby. Look carefully at the different rates on their website - this last time I got the breakfast with room and the food was good and having breakfast for two brought the cost down. If you have the time, walk or take the Metro two stations towards DC and you might enjoy eating or walking around the Clarendon area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for continuing to choose the Westin Arlington Gateway! I'm so glad to see that you took advantage of our breakfast package rate. It's also great to see you've been able to enjoy not only the Ballston neighborhood, but other nearby areas as well. Your feedback is a great way for us to know how our guests feel about our service, so pleae let us know what we can do to continue to make your stays as best as possible. Our team looks forward to welcoming you on your next trip to DC.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here this past May for a conference. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly on numerous occasions both before I arrived and during my stay. Above and beyond service, especially from Cal Alde in Concierge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stepan S, Front Office Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Westin Arlington Gateway. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service that you received from our staff and also from Cal Alde our concierge.
Thank you again for choosing the Westin Arlington Gateway. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!