“Great stay - Expensive add-ons” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Seattle, Washington
“Great stay - Expensive add-ons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Wife and I had a great time here. Clean and spacious, rooms and pool were fantastic. A lack of a free breakfast, surcharge for internet and parking however can make this hotel not worth it. If you just need a clean place to stay in a great location surrounded by lots of food options out of the expensive national mall area - perfect. If you are in need of parking, internet and breakfast - it might be best to stay elsewhere. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Roger A, General Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Wes_VC,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured that we negotiate the best prices for parking and internet fees due to our prime location.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Be well,

500 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as a family (2 adults, 6yo, 3yo) in April. Given the location the hotel is geared towards the business traveller.

The location is good with many restaurants in walking distance as well as Ballston Common and the metro station.

We had a standard room with two doubles and the size was good enough to accomodate the four of us and all of our luggage.

The rooms were nicely decorated but it didn't feel overly clean - for a relatively new hotel I did find that parts of the room showed a lot of wear and tear, particularly in the bathroom.

The coffee/tea wasn't restocked properly so we had to call to ask for certain items.

We ate in the restaurant and the staff were very nice and prices reasonable but it was a bit bothersome that the spaghetti from the kids menu came with pepper and other spices which we had to get remade. The wine list a bit sparse.

If you can get a good rate like we did (where you pay full rate for first night then birth year for subsequent nights) then you can't complain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Roger A, General Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear goinghome04,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your room and our prime location. I will communicate with the Pinzimini team regarding the children's pasta, as well as, housekeeping to ensure that the coffee/tea is properly stocked in each room. I look forward to welcoming you back to the area.

Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here for four nights for a business/pleasure combined trip. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout the hotel. The "heavenly" bed was well, ah, heavenly. There are many restaurants within walking distance. I did not try the hotel restaurant as it was frequently busy and required waiting. There is a Metro station within a couple of blocks, so there was easy access to the city. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear jecernohous,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was glad to see that you enjoyed our signature Westin Heavenly Bed in addition to our prime location. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Danville Knox County, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for three days over Spring Break. The staff was very friendly and treated us very well. Very convenient to the Ballston Metro Station; which was about two blocks away. A number of restaurants were within walking distance.

The room was nice and the beds were very comfortable.

The reasons for not giving the hotel a five star rating were the fees. Valet parking fee seemed a bit high ($25 per night) and fees for Internet Access are a pet peeve of mine. ($24.95 for 3 days. 3 devices.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear TXO2H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your room and our prime location. We do offer 45 minutes of free internet in our Lobby area as well as in Starbucks. While we do charge for in room internet service we have recently installed a tiered pricing option offering less expensive prices and discounts depending on our guest’s needs. In addition, we do our best to negotiate parking prices with our outsourced parking vendor so that they are comparable to what the Ballston market is charging.

Be well,

Sierra Nevada Foothills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed by myself for three nights in March for business and a wedding. I was on the 13th floor, which may have been renovated more recently than other floors. The bed was plush and very comfortable, with a nice selection of pillows. The bathroom was spacious and included a large walk-in shower with a rain shower head. I appreciated the full wall of windows and view over the area. Overall, it was a bit nicer than an average hotel, for a fair price (although parking, wifi, and other add-ons can increase the cost quite a bit).

I used the gym, which had everything needed for a great workout, and a nice view. The indoor pool area looked nice, although I did not use it. The restaurant and bar area looked appealing, with trendy lighting and furnishings, although my plans were elsewhere.

My room included a full size HP printer on the desk, which would be great for a business trip. The in-room wifi was not free, although there is free wifi and computers in the lobby. I parked across the street at the Ballston mall public garage, which cost ten per day instead of twenty five at the hotel.

All in all, if the location fits your needs, I would highly recommend this hotel for its quality and amenities at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: 13th floor has business features such as printers in the room. Being up high means less traffic nois...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear clifster,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your room and the hotel's amenities. I hppe that should you return to the area, you choose to stay with us.

seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Got a terrific rate on Hotwire. The entire staff was beyond amazing. From the minute we stepped onto the property we were ALWAYS welcomed by smiling faces, especially by Elizabeth, the greeter/doorperson. She would always say "Welcome back" with a great, big friendly smile. Treated us like VIP's!!! You could tell the staff has been well trained!

Yemi, the desk clerk was exceptional as well. Friendly, efficient, and kind. She gave us a room upgrade after I mentioned to her we were celebrating our anniversary and even had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne delivered to our room. She personally hand delivered an important business letter I was expecting that day.

Our maid, Valerie, couldn't have been kinder and more helpful. Nothing was too much for her: do you need extra towels, extra robe, extra water, extra shampoo, more hangers? The concierges,-Cal and Cynthia,were always friendly and helpful too.

Our toilet broke early in the morning and the maintenance man was prompt in fixing it.

NIce pool and gym with free weights, elliptical machines, and treadmills.

Three free computers, printer, and wifi in the main lobby.

Refreshing fruit flavored water and apples for guests in lobby.

USA Today delivered each morning outside door and Washington Post available in the lobby. Water bottles and hand towels for guests as well. Lobby bathrooms exceptionally well maintained. Brilliant.

Always loved the Heavenly beds at the Westin and this was no exception. Room was large and comfortably appointed. Well lighted. Housekeeping brought up a mini refrigerator for us. Absolutely loved their rain and hand held shower combination in the bath. Room amenities were first rate. Towels and robes were thick and comfortable.

Many restaurants nearby. Ballston Metro 5 minute walk away.

I have traveled around the world and stayed at many 5* hotels but this was the most outstanding service we've received anywhere. Hated to leave. First class experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear aneckc,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to experience our exceptional service from multiple members of staff. I hope that should your travels return you to the area, you choose to stay with us again.

Greensboro, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Arlington Gateway for a conference. It was a nice hotel but lacked some details. I was locked out of room, there were multiple desks in the lobby for which no one was manning, a dirty keyboard cover in the business center, associate with upside down name tag, broken elevator, and unreliable internet in the room (both wired and wireless).

I was not, however, disappointed with the room. The room was nicely decorated and the club room was well maintained. I enjoyed the shampoos and lotions. The soap bar was by far the best I have ever experienced at a hotel. The towels were high quality. Overall, it was a nice room. The coffee downstairs was also exceptional.

Location was not an issue since I was attending a conference.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear twoandchild,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your room. I apologize for the minor hiccups you experienced, and want to assure you that is not our normal standard of service. I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Roger Aberth

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!