“A very nice hotel in Arlington” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Chicago, Illinois
“A very nice hotel in Arlington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

The Westin is my hotel of choice when visiting Arlington. It is close to a lot of governmental agencies, restaurants and shops. Right next to the Ballston Metro stop, it is convenient. The rooms are quiet and clean. The workout facility is decent and the staff, while sometimes a bit aloof, are competent. No major complaints except I hate paying $200/night.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Roger A, General Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear drmolecule,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our prime location and the surrounding businesses and restaurants. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Roger Aberth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

If you are to do business in any of the highrisers around North Glebe Road, the location is excellent. Easy access from IAD airport, easy access to DC via metrorail. On reception there was a bit of confusion, my room rate was to include breakfast and the associate there took some time to find how the procedure works with the manager at backroom.
Room was OK, clean..how to say.."standard" - nothing that made me say "wow". Except TV. All the digital channels and HD. The internet arrangement was iffy, the cable had a broken RJ45 connector which was slipping away all the time.

I would really encourage Westin to think the whole internet service concept anew. People are nowdays using multiple devices, usually at least a laptop and a tablet computer, often also a smartphone. I got a feeling that I was to be chargerd separately to use my laptop and my iPad..with a very hefty rate for a three-day stay. Well, I notified about the broken cable at the reception and the associate was happy to delete my internet charge totally..OK for me, but really consider to provide internet included. You might get 2-3 more rooms / day more filled, and that covers easily the costs of charging infrastructure for internet access.
The breakfast restaurant was quite busy. It took quite a while to get attention from the staff. both for seating and to get an order.

For morning joggers, reception provides a handy recommended jogging route map. Nice touch!
The gym is well equipped and the pool is good for a evening dip (doesn't open early in the morning)

I would stay again here for business, but will consider alternatives..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear The_Travel_Observer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was happy to see that you were able to enjoy our prime location and surrounding businesses. In addition, thank you for your feedback regarding our internet service. Guest feedback is an invaluable tool for us to constantly reveiw our service and amenities. I hope that should your travels bring you back to the area, that you choose to stay with us again.

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

On Friday, I needed quick Internet access because we were just about to start a meeting with a client when the Internet just stopped in our building. Off to the Starbucks we went in the Westin and could not get connected and then I remembered that the Westin Hive existed.

I went over to Cal Alde at the Concierge desk and he quickly got us registered for the Hive. In it, it provided a laptop, wired Internet access, 2 large screens, and headphones. These were all of the tools that we actually needed for the meeting. In addition there was wireless access for the laptops that we brought with us.

Not only was Cal excellent to us in this situation but everytime I go to the Starbucks in the Westin I have to walk past his desk. 100% of the time, Cal has smiled and said hello. The front desk staff can learn a lot from Cal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Michelle M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was so happy to see that you were provided great service by Cal, and that you were able to utilize our Westin Hive - we are one of only a few properties that have one at this time! I sincerely hope that we are able to provide you with our signature Westin service in the future!

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Pros- Location is excellent, right off I66 and Glebe Rd - great quick access to DC! Lot's of resturants and shopping surround the hotel. Service is tops! 24hr Parking Valet! The room was very clean, NEW and quiet!

Cons- Valet Parking was a bit expensive and should be compt'd for spg members.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear mattpheil,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was so pleased that you were able to take advantage of our prime location as well as experience our signature Westin service! I sincerely hope that should your travels return you to the area in the future, you choose to stay with us.

MidAtlantic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

When we got into our room and laid down on the two twin, not double, beds I was reminded of business trips to Tokyo. Our room was the smallest room I have been in since those days. The bathroom was adequate, but nothing special, the beds were quite comfortable, but too small for two people not to feel cramped. There was nothing on the smallish flatscreen TV, not that there ever is, but CNBC and FoodTV were conspicuously absent, I might have missed PBS, but I don't think so. Rooms less quiet than other high rise hotels, or else neighbors more loud.

On the plus side our room had real forced air heat, the pool and gym were pretty nice and they take pets. They also had a single serve Starbucks machine in the room that made a decent cup of Joe. There was a PF Chang's across the street and a 7-11 within walking distance. Ice machines on every floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Roger A, General Manager at The Westin Arlington Gateway, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear PhiloFarnsworth,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was pleased to see that you were able to experience some of our Westin amenities. Our standard rooms come with either two double beds or one king bed. We are aware of issues regarding our TVs, and we are currently working on them.

Thank you again for your feedback. It is a great tool to constantly upgrade and improve our service and product.

Drayton Valley, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Myself, my daugter and 2 grandsons enjoyed a very pleaseant stay. The desk clerk Liz was so helpful and pleasant. My grandsons had lots of fun at the pool, the young pool attendant was very nice. My daughter loved the work out facilities and I found the room (and the bed) to be very comfortable. We had one small problem (they did not make up our room) however the matter was handled quickly and efficiently. The hotel was close to both a variety of restaurants and the metro. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear gadsbee,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I was pleased to see that you were able to experience our Westin amenities and hospitality. We want our guests to leave feeling rewewed and better than when they arrived, and I am pleased to see this was the case.

San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The property, its rooms, its facilities, and its location are all fantastic. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the decor is modern without being too chic. Unfortunately the hotel staff is not as impressive. There are one or two employees who greet you with a smile and go out of their way to help you. Most, however, don't even bother to look up and greet guests or offer to help until you "bother" them. The service during breakfast is agonizingly slow; 10 minutes to have someone even get to the table to offer you a menu, another 10 minutes before the waiter comes to take your order. I can't comment on other times of the day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear volyblmn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Westin Arlington Gateway. I am sorry that you experienced some issues regarding your service and timeliness of service. I have shared your comments with both the Front Office team, as well as, the Pinzimini team.

Roger Aberth

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!