We booked a 3 night stay here for a mini vacation to the d.c. area. Booked the room through the starwood website and snagged a std 2 double room at the AAA rate of 116/night including valet parking. Everything from start to finish was excellent. We arrived early @ about 1PM on our check in day- no problem checking in early. The hotel is very convienient to the Ballston Metro stop and we were able to get from the hotel to the White House visitors gate in 25 minutes(we were almost late for our tour. Many of the negative comments from the other reviewers may indicate a lack of research or planning on their part and they are surprised when something is not how they expect. I have rarely stayed at a higher end hotel and gotten free wifi. Room service food is always expensive and usually lacking in quality (there is a starbucks in the lobby$15/ breakfast for3). The website clearly indicates there is only valet parking and it is $23/day. I felt the service at the hotel was very good- concierge and desk staff were very helpful and responsive to our needs, bell staff and valet was professional and prompt with the luggage. The hotel and our room was clean and well appointed- the shower was great. There was a minifridge/small pantry area in the room- very helpful as we brought water, snacks, etc and now had a place to store them. The beds were comfortable. Housekeeping was done daily by the time we returned to the room each day from touring d.c. (about 4pm ish). We used the pool and hot tub 1x without any issues. The hotel was very quiet at night- if there were other people in the next room I couldn't hear them. There were good restaurants within walking distance from the hotel but the great restaurants were 2 metro stops away at the Clarendon station- Liberty Tavern was fantastic (and kid friendly). Overall a great base to explore dc and arlington. I will stay here again when I return.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Arlington Gateway Hotel
- The Westin Arlington Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Westin Arlington
- Arlington Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Arlington Gateway enjoys prime access to its surrounding area. In the active Ballston area of Arlington, and just a short walk from the Ballston Metro Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Amex, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Westin Arlington Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.