“Great Amenity: Westin Hive” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Amenity: Westin Hive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I conducted a small meeting (3 of us) in their new room called the Hive or Westin Hive. It's a great space that is completely teched out. There are screens to hook laptops up to with this cool little puck and tv's to keep an eye on the news. It's only $50/hr and comes with free internet, printing, water and snacks. Super cool idea, will definitely be using it again. Westin totally gets it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Once again I won't be able to speak to "value" for the money because my professional organization paid for my hotel when I came to Arlington to do committee work. This is the second time I have stayed at the Westin Arlington Gateway. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had good experiences with the Bellmen, the front desk, the restaurant staff and the housekeeping staff. The rooms are a nice size, well kept and the bed is truly comfortable. They have a good fitness center and an indoor pool. My only disappointment is the food in the restaurant. The servers are excellent but the food is not quite up to par for the prices that they charge. The food is not bad but it is overpriced. Despite this small disappointment I would still recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the DC area.

Richmond VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The expected Westin amenities which are always great. Check in was a breeze and the front desk staff professional and efficient. We had a problem with our toilet handle which was fixed within minutes of our letting the staff know.
Room-darkening curtains were superioe and our room was quiet (even though we were on the street side.)
Parking is expensive and confusing, but it's a city location and you can't expect anything else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I checked in on a Sunday evening, and although the property was "full", Joel on the Front Desk went out of his way to recognise my Gold SPG status, find me a nice room, and add in a few very welcome perks. Its that extra attention that ensure I remain a confirmed SPG addict!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I've stayed at dozens of Westin hotels, and this has to be my least favorite. The staff at check-in was quite rude, one lamp in the room didn't work, and the room temperature was extremely hot, despite my efforts to adjust it using the thermostat.

I stayed here once before, and actually really enjoyed my first visit. However, I will never return again. I'm staying in the hotel as I write this, and I wish I could check out early, but surrounding hotels appear to be solidly booked.

Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place was not to expensive but very comfortable. The beds were soft and cozy. Room size is not the best but was manageable. I think it was mandatory valet and the price was around $29-$30 a night. PF Changs right out the front door and okay mall next door. Not too many up to date stores except for Macy's. Good clean area safe enough to walk around at night. Overall, nice with not too much luxury. Lobby area shows way nicer than rooms. Room service is quite pricey for the average traveler. First stay at this hotel and I would stay again. Less than ten minutes to georgetown via I-66. Traffic was horrible entering into DC area at 6pm from the south on I-95.

Room Tip: View to the south or nice in rooms above the 9th floor. South view has more traffic becaus of busy s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Arlington Gateway 3/22 with my wife and 3 young children while attending a hockey camp at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex. The Westin staff was terrific, from the greeting and assistance provided by the bellman/valet when we arrived to the front desk staff to the concierge.

The room was fairly representative of the Westin brand in terms of layout and furnishings. Our room had 2 double beds, which seemed particularly small compared to our queen at home, but the Heavenly Beds were aptly named. The sheets, duvet, and towels were terrific and the room was quite comfortable for the five of us for one night.

My children enjoyed the swimming pool, though they were disappointed to find it closed between 10 am and 4 pm. I assume that hiring a lifeguard for those hours is expensive relative to the number of folks who might use the pool then. Nevertheless, my wife and kids had the pool to themselves from 4 to about 5:30 pm and had a great time.

The hotel's location adjacent to the Ballston Commons Mall was very good, and gave me and my family numerous dining options. My wife and kids had breakfast at the hotel restaurant on Friday and I was told that the food was good, though the kids' meal portions were small.

Overall, we had an excellent stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Westin Arlington Gateway to anyone on a business or family trip. While we didn't use the Metro on this visit, the hotel's proximity to public transportation is yet another plus.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Arlington Gateway? Share your experiences!