“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dumfries, Virginia, USA
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Everyone in my party had a different bento box. The portions are generous and each part of the bento box has nice details to it. I like the fact that each portion of the meal was thoughtfully garnished and flavored appropriately. Was full after eating and that rarely happens. Not ginormous portions, but for Asian fusion it was very filling. Prompt and attentive service as well. Will return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“Worth a try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

As many of you know these reviews are so subjective and relative to one's experiences. I found the sushi here to be average, this isn't bad because I've been fortunate to eat at some exceptional sushi places on the west coast, in Vegas, Chicago, etc... This is more of a moderately casual sushi experience. The food was good, although, I felt it lacked the freshness that I am used to when eating in San Francisco. The service was very quick and friendly. The atmosphere was relaxed and hip, with euro chic music playing in the background, so overall an OK experience. I would eat here again, but I would also be tempted to try some place new as well.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Great food and great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The staff were very friendly and the food was great. There were 8 in our party and we didn't have to wait long and the food and prices were excellent!

Ottawa
“At best "OK"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had selected the restaurant based on the menus posted in the window and the review posted in the window, but it was only after we sat down that we noticed that this sushi restaurant had no sushi bar - you could not see the chefs. We should have walked out at that point, but the kids were hungry, it was late, my wife had her heart set on sushi...

It was OK, nothing to rave about. The menu is a little limited in terms of types of fish offered in sushi (salmon, tuna, maybe there was yellowtail, and some other fish that looked a little out of place - maybe it was flounder). What was offered was adequately prepared, though.

After finishing the sushi the kids wanted just another bite, so we asked about the pot stickers - are they steamed or are they pan fried or are they deep fried? (My wife didn't want deep fried ones). The waitress was definite - not deep fried. Of course, we were served 5 deep fried dumplings. We complained, they were taken away, and replaced with steamed ones (but only 4, no idea why).

Not a restaurant I'd go out of my way to visit again. Maybe I should be less trusting of reviews posted in windows.

The live music (guitar/vocal duo) was a nice touch, but on the night and at the time we were there the place was pretty empty. Maybe they get a better audience on weekends.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Great Falls, Va
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Asia Bistro looked so promising, especially because the main sushi bar in Pentagon City Mall has closed. While the service was attentive, the sushi itself was not great.

I ordered three rolls from the menu, adding masago and brown rice.

The sushi chef got two of the three rolls right, and the waiter was very apologetic and eager to correct. But the brown rice wrapping all three rolls was not cooked all the way, was crunchy and falling off the rolls.

They just need a new chef.

• Visited May 2012