“great Indian food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 683 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Aroma, an award-winning restaurant bringing the taste of authentic, home-cooked northern Indian food to the Washington Metropolitan area since 1994. Our story began as we opened our first restaurant in Washington DC. We were pleased to see just how mainstream Indian restaurants have become. Our location is prime in Arlington as we are in the heart of the city. Thanks to the love and support of our clients, we now also have locations in Washington DC and Lorton, VA. Our clientele consists of people from all backgrounds who have something in common…they all enjoy having good quality Indian food as well as excellent service. These two things combined create a memorable experience for our clients. AROMA is a Latin word that has a wonderful wealth of meaning; a distinctive pervasive and usually pleasant or savory smell; It represents taste, flavor, affection, pleasure, delight, happiness, charm, sentiment, beauty and essence. At Aroma, you will find all this and more! Aroma is where to go when you want to dine like kings and queens. This cozy, Arlington area restaurant serves authentic Northern Indian cuisine in a refreshing, elegant setting. A private space is available upstairs to cater to your event needs. Being in the heart of Arlington, Aroma attracts many customers from surrounding areas as well as plenty of foot traffic because of its location. While inside, the light, floral colors, it is complete with regal decor imported from India.. The menu is as rich as its surroundings, with flavorful curries, tandoori kababs, and a tempting array of fresh tandoor-baked breads….don’t miss having a meal at Aroma. Our food is inspired by the authentic home cooking of beautiful, spice-rich North India, where all our chefs are trained. Food is our passion, prepared for you always with devotion, love, and with only the finest ingredients. Visit us and discover the ultimate Indian dining experience. If you enjoy authentic food made with fresh ingredients and spices….then treat your taste buds to new delights at Aroma. Along with the food being impeccable, we also pride ourselves on our service. We strongly believe that If the service is perfect, the customer leaves feeling like the meal is a special occasion. We treat each of our guest with the utmost attention and courtesy.
Arlington, Virginia
“great Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

we went to this restaurant at shirlington . during the day they have a lunch buffet we had dinner
there to try it I had a 25dollar gift card I really liked the food especially spicy food very pretty in
side looks like thy have rooms for big parties enjoyed everything we had the bread was outstanding the service was a little slow but once I have a cocktail I read the menu and they have a nice variety especially if you don't eat meat every once in a while I get in the mood for
indian food and I would definitely go back

• Visited July 2014

Ahmedabad, India
“Good Indian Food @ beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had Lunch here no 8th June 2014. Actually we were travelling with a group from India and had everything arrangement by the Group Tour Operator. So first of all, the Restaurant was not specifically chosen by me.
But still, we thoroughly enjoyed the great food. The Restaurant has very good ambiance, and the quality and test of food compliments it.
The Most best part is location of the Restaurant. The street is host to many other Cuisine Restaurant, and look to a good handout place.
I would again add, that the menu was also preselected by the Tour Manager.
But, would definitely recommend this Restaurant for its Ambiance, Good Test & Quality of Food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Falls Church, Virginia
“Food is good ,service is bit slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Being from India , it is very difficult to get "the " indian taste around here . This restaurant somewhat do justice to the great Indian taste. Had visited twice . Both instances I had to use up my, "accidently accumulated" restaurant.com coupons. Restaurant.com as per my experience is usually tied up with restaurants which are pretty substandard. This one was different. Despite offering coupon this was really good. The second visit was with friends on a friday evening. Food was good but the waiting time was bit too much . It took them about 30 minutes to process our payment. Other than that I loved the food and also the location. Finding parking spot is difficult , at times, but could be taken care of by finding a distant spot and taking a walk.

• Visited April 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“great food and very friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We went for an early dinner after running errands all day (4:30pm) so I was nervous that they wouldn't even serve us yet.. however they welcomed us with a friendly smile. I had the butter chicken (my regular Indian dish) and my fiancé had the mixed meat grill dish. He really enjoyed dipping his meat into the butter chicken sauce, so I definitely recommend at least someone at the table getting the butter chicken, because even the naan bread is so yummy in the sauce. I highly recommend it. Our server told us about the lunch buffet that they have daily, $11.99 (if I remember correctly) which we certainly plan on going back to!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Cheap Wine & Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

One of my favorite Indian restaurants. I usually order the chickpeas, the somosas are great and the naan bread is to die for. Probably one of the only restaurants in the area where you can get a bottle of wine for less than $30.