“Ate here 4 of 4 days” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Houston, Texas
“Ate here 4 of 4 days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Found the Kabob Palace on Yelp while staying at the Crystal City Marriott. The first visit I had the chicken kabobs which were very tender, seasoned and a nice char-grill flavor. The naan bread was freshly made large warm and tasty. I had the spinach and rice my first day also had the chickpeas, lentils on two of my four consecutive visits. A favorite of mine is haleem which they only serve on weekends, I had it Saturday for lunch, taste was perfect, only which they could skim off the oil as it settles on the top. Multiple awards are posted on the walls and I can see why this place is tops on my list. Also open 24 hours, small, and busy at times.

Visited July 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Wow, everything was really good here! This place is super close to where my sister lives and this was the first thing she recommended to me. There was a bit of a line to order but I got the food in about 30 min or so. The wait wasn't too bad I guess. All in all, whenever I'm back in DC, I will definitely be back here! I really enjoyed the food here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you are looking for kabobs and don't care about the ambience then this is the place. Wonderful kabobs with good portion size,great sides, piping hot naans and all this at a reasonable price.When I visit my son one of our meals is always here and when friends from overseas were recently visiting, this was the place to go and we were ten satisfied customers.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Tasty Dishes - Friendly Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

On a recent stay at a hotel in Crystal City, we happened upon 'Kabob Palace', which was just a few blocks from our hotel. It is a sit down eatery, but it's one of those places where you place your order at the counter and are given a number. Then, you find a table and wait for them to call you back to the counter.
If it's your first trip, you may be be unfamiliar with some of the dishes' names: Peshawari Beef Burger, Kubideh Kabob, Lamb Karahi, etc. But there are also lots of familiar dishes on the menu. I tend to be adventurous, so I ordered something that I wasn't familiar with: Chapeli Kabob. It was a nicely spiced beef burger that was tightly packed into long wide strips. Very tasty. My two sides were Kabuli Chana (chickpeas) and a lightly spiced spinach and potato dish. Also included in the price ($11.36) was a huge round flatbread with a minty dipping sauce. There were plenty of drink options, but I chose a mango lassi (mango and sweet yogurt drink). Very tasty, but just a little sweeter than I am accustomed to. The wait was about 8-10 minutes, which to me is a good sign that it was being made to order, and not just sitting under a heat lamp waiting to be ordered. The patrons that day were a great mix of (mostly locals, I presume) of people from all walks of life.
On my next trip to the DC area, this place will be on my agenda.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Used to be very good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The quality of food has gone down a little from last year, specially the salads and curries. Chicken with bone was also just OK. Boneless chicken or the lamb kabobs were better.

Visited May 2014