“Awesome food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Va
“Awesome food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Large portions. Everything tasted delicious. Had the lamb combo, it was excellent. The sides taste so good could have easily just had that.

• Visited August 2013

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“I wanted to love this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

So close to all of the hotels by Reagan International. Definitely a hole in the wall but clean, interesting and busy. Frequented by a lotof local middle eastern families. My complaint is that the lamb kabob was grisly and tough. Tasty but could not eat half of it. My husband had the chicken kabob and it was perfectly cooked. Rice was very flavorful. Portions were quite large. Veggies were spicy and good although the spinach was drooling with liquid. Nice salad. Nice bread. The food was sort of cafeteria like for me. I have had much better from similar places in other cities. I wouldn't go back.

• Visited September 2013
Fredericia, Denmark
“First time here, but hopefully not last”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I haven't had kabob before, but based in the reviews both here and on Yelp we had to try it. A decision I did not regret. A colleague of mine even went here a second time a couple of days later. I had the chicken kabob with peas and spinach. I was great and flavourful.
Seating space is limited, so be prepared to either wait or order it to go.

Visited June 2013
Wawaka, Indiana
“Another great find in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Everytime I visit DC, I end up eating in restaurants outside of the city! The food here is absolutely wonderful, and although the service leaves a bit to be desired, who cares?

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“It's a hole in the wall ~ but with really good food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was planning a trip to DC so I quickly did a little research on tripadvisor and jotted down a few names of restaurants in the Crystal City area that we might like to try. One of them happened to be the Kabob Palace.

When we got to our hotel, I asked the girl at the front desk where she eats and she said the Kabob Palace. We also asked the hotel shuttle driver where he goes, and he too said ~ the Kabob Palace, so off to the Kabob Palace we went.

The first thing you should know is that there are 2 restaurants with the same name on the same street. The one on the left is more of a take out place with only a few seats while the other (on the right) is more of a casual sit down place. Both are owned and operated by the same guys, look like "hole in the walls", and I will admit, did not look all that impressive on the inside or on the outside. The good thing is that they were both clean and served good food.

With all of the positive reviews, we decided to give the sit down restaurant a try. The wait staff was very friendly and we were seated immediately. If you don't know what to order - try the buffet. I think it was around $12 -$13. While we were there a military guy and his family were having dinner. (They all had the buffet.) He was very friendly and said that he and all of his co-workers (at the pentagon) love this place and eat here all of the time.

We decided to order off the menu. They have a pretty good selection. FYI ~ they make a great lamb curry, and their side dishes are really good too. I particularly liked the eggplant side dish and the chickpeas. The fresh pita bread was a big hit too. One of my daughters ordered the lamb chops (3 sm. grilled chops) and they were out of this world! My husband had the chicken kabobs & rice (very good) and my youngest order a gyro & fries. Everything was good, tasty and plentiful. We spent about $50 for 4 people and had leftovers to take back to the room.

By the way, this was one of the better dinners that we had while in the DC area!

• Visited July 2013