“First time here, but hopefully not last” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Pakistani, Afghani
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Fredericia, Denmark
“First time here, but hopefully not last”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I haven't had kabob before, but based in the reviews both here and on Yelp we had to try it. A decision I did not regret. A colleague of mine even went here a second time a couple of days later. I had the chicken kabob with peas and spinach. I was great and flavourful.
Seating space is limited, so be prepared to either wait or order it to go.

Visited June 2013

88% Recommend
Wawaka, Indiana
“Another great find in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Everytime I visit DC, I end up eating in restaurants outside of the city! The food here is absolutely wonderful, and although the service leaves a bit to be desired, who cares?

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“It's a hole in the wall ~ but with really good food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was planning a trip to DC so I quickly did a little research on tripadvisor and jotted down a few names of restaurants in the Crystal City area that we might like to try. One of them happened to be the Kabob Palace.

When we got to our hotel, I asked the girl at the front desk where she eats and she said the Kabob Palace. We also asked the hotel shuttle driver where he goes, and he too said ~ the Kabob Palace, so off to the Kabob Palace we went.

The first thing you should know is that there are 2 restaurants with the same name on the same street. The one on the left is more of a take out place with only a few seats while the other (on the right) is more of a casual sit down place. Both are owned and operated by the same guys, look like "hole in the walls", and I will admit, did not look all that impressive on the inside or on the outside. The good thing is that they were both clean and served good food.

With all of the positive reviews, we decided to give the sit down restaurant a try. The wait staff was very friendly and we were seated immediately. If you don't know what to order - try the buffet. I think it was around $12 -$13. While we were there a military guy and his family were having dinner. (They all had the buffet.) He was very friendly and said that he and all of his co-workers (at the pentagon) love this place and eat here all of the time.

We decided to order off the menu. They have a pretty good selection. FYI ~ they make a great lamb curry, and their side dishes are really good too. I particularly liked the eggplant side dish and the chickpeas. The fresh pita bread was a big hit too. One of my daughters ordered the lamb chops (3 sm. grilled chops) and they were out of this world! My husband had the chicken kabobs & rice (very good) and my youngest order a gyro & fries. Everything was good, tasty and plentiful. We spent about $50 for 4 people and had leftovers to take back to the room.

By the way, this was one of the better dinners that we had while in the DC area!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best kabobs in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I used to live in Crystal City and would often go to Kabob Palace. You can call ahead so your food will be ready when you get there. The kabobs are fantastic, but I always look forward to the rice and bread...so good!

There is a reason why this place is always crowded! You won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Best kabob in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Kabob Palace is always worth the wait. The lamb kabob was succulent and perfectly marinated and all of the dishes come with a generous amount of sides. Would definitely recommend to anyone in the area looking for something different that isn't a generic chain.

• Visited July 2013