“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
San Jose, California
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great food at very reasonable prices. Not the greatest location but the food makes up for everything.

• Visited April 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Kabob Palace is kind of a hole in the wall in an unlikely location, BUT the food is very good and reasonably priced. If you like kabobs, I would recommend giving Kabob Palace a try.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank hankwill
USA
“NOt worth it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First - let's understand that the food here is not cheap. $14 for 2 kabob's is pricey! The service is terrible, you can't ask any questions, you have to wait for a very long time to get your food and once we got the food it was either undercooked, over seasoned or tough as rubber! I would not recommend this place at all. Considering it is in a hotel district you'd think they would at least be cordial...nope! When I asked a question, the man at the register just asked me what I wanted, I said I had a couple questions, he looked at me and then yelled "next please". Once we ordered it took 45 minutes to get our food - the whole time many of their "friends" came in, ordered and were handed food almost immediately! It was chaos behind the counter for everyone who wasn't a close family friend.

I plan to be in DC a lot this summer but this is not a place I will even consider returning to!!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank mpls001
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Best cheap food in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I lived a few blocks away for years, and got the boneless chicken kabobs a couple of times a months. Love the spicy flavors and the bread.

Ontario, Canada
“Experts with the spice rack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

A busy, hole-in-the-wall type of place with interesting signs and stickers on the wall to read while you’re waiting for your food order. They have a lot of tables crammed in but not enough for the popularity of the place. So after taking orders, sent the family back to the hotel and ordered it to go. Got the chicken curry special, lamb kabob, chicken kabob – no bone (how is it possible to do a kabob *with* a bone?) and the spiced ground beef kabob that I forget the name of. All the meals came with rice, a coriander sauce and a choice of side. Randomly ordered two chick peas, one lentil and one spinach as sides. It was slow for fast food but quick compared to a sit-down meal and with the kids playing in the hotel room instead of waiting impatiently with me, it wasn’t a big deal.

Flavours were amazing. The cooks know their way around an exotic spice rack! All the sides could have been considered a fabulous main course in a vegetarian restaurant. However, disappointed with my lamb that seemed more gristle than meat – and I’m a carnivore that doesn’t mind a bit of fat with my meat. Other meats didn’t have the same issue.

Please note that although the meal worked for our family your mileage may vary. We feed our kids a lot of exotic food at home but this was reaching the limits of their food comfort zone. The sides and the ground beef kabob all had some heat to them. However, as a bonus, with the large portions and sides and kids who only ate half their meals, we had enough leftovers to feed the adults another dinner the next day.

• Visited March 2013