“AWESOME food in an easy atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Pakistani, Afghani
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Rome, Italy
“AWESOME food in an easy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I used to take my first dates here as it's got GREAT food and it's a bit of a hole in the wall. If the date didn't like it, it turns into two dates: my first and my last!!!

The food is not only terrific, it's VERY reasonable. Others have recommended the boneless chicken kabob and you I have to agree. You can't do any better. The spinach is superb as well. I've NEVER eaten anything that wasn't very tasty.

I only eat out about twice a month and 90 percent of the time, it's a Kabob Palace.

In addition to everything else great about the place, it's open 24 hours a day!!! If you're looking for great food late, screw fast food, go to Kabob Palace in Crystal City.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington, Virginia
“Authentic kabobs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Excellent kabobs in a very authentic setting, simple, one would think they were in the middle east or Afghanistan. We visited with two friends from Morocco and they enjoyed it very much. Well done!

Visited February 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Some of the best Kabobs I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place is inexpensive, and provides vast quantities of food. And it is delicious.

Al-Jazeera news plays in the background of this small restaurant. Delicious smells waft from the kitchen, and the servers are attentive.

Food is served quickly. The okra is great, as is the flat bread that you are served with your large portions of perfectly cooked meat. The lamb is fantastic, as is the ground beef kabobs.

Pass up the chain restaurants across the street and eat at this wonderful place.

Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great chicken kabob, bryriani, naan, and curries!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Hate to say it, but the food at the Kabob Palace is better than almost anything I've eaten in the Middle East. The boneless chicken kabob is made with huge, all white meat pieces of breast that are juicy and full of flavor. The bryriani is made from long grained rice and was cooked perfectly. $11 gets you enough food for two people. There's a reason this place is so popular with the local taxi drivers: it's a lot of great food for the money! The restaurant itself was clean and spacious but lacked the atmosphere of bustling kabob restaurant...it could be anywhere, really. Still, give it a go if you're craving great kabob.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sykesville, Maryland
“Delicious Lucnh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had the pleasure a few weeks ago of dining at the Kabob Palace in Arlington for lunch. A colleague took me there for lunch after a morning meeting. He highly recommended it, and I whole heartedly agree. I rarely get to go to Arlington, so I happily went along, after having been to Afghanistan, I love the food from the entire region. The food was delicious, and very plentiful. I had chicken and several sides. Everything was perfectly spicy and delicious. You order your main disk (meat) and then they serve you several generous helpings of side dishes. I also had naan that was freshly grilled, warm, and served perfectly. The only really missing was tea (although, I’m sure I could have had it had I asked!) This is not the restaurant for ambiance. It was perfect for lunch, quickly in and out, and you can tell frequented by many returning customers. The flow to the counter to order and get your meal (which, as we dined in, was served on a plastic tray), was a bit confusing, and I’m glad I had someone there to show me what to do. It was a great value, and I wish we had one closer to me, because I would be eating there much more often.

• Visited January 2013