“Nothing Compares to the Palace!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Pakistani, Afghani
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Centreville, Virginia
“Nothing Compares to the Palace!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The best...a MUST whenever I can! You will not regret a thing...the lamb kabob is amazing. Any type of meat you choose is cooked perfectly. And even for vegans, the sides they make are perfect over rice with some bread! I'm headed back very soon!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Jackson, Mississippi
“Great Place! Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is my must eat place when in Crystal City! This is the best seasoned meat. It must marinated for years!

denver
“Ethnic and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Service was a little slow but food was great and ethnic experience was fun. We are from Denver so not much exposure to Afghanistani cuisine. Service staff were very polite and helpful.

Denver58
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Don't go through the back entrance! It was a bit "groaty"& I initially questioned whether or not I wanted to eat there or not. However, the food was very good and the service was friendly & efficient.

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Funny Story...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

For my husband's birthday I created a list of 5 restaurants in Arlington that we had never been to. The places listed were the kinds of establishments that have white tablecloth service, where you dress-up, etc. All came highly recommended and are listed on tripadvisor.com as 4-5/5 At the bottom on the list I also typed the following note: "*There is also this kabob place that is open 24 hours and is supposed to have amazing food. Let's try it out sometime when we have a craving or are out late. It is called Kabob Palace..."

So, I got dressed up for his birthday meal and when he picked me up in the car I asked which place he selected for dinner. Much to my surprise he opted to try Kabob Palace. At first I bit my tongue as I was NOT expecting this as his answer (I mean, was dressed-up in heels and full-on make-up) but it was HIS big day so I went with the flow and figured it was one meal of my life so what the heck!

I was very happy to find Kabob Palace. It was clean and the food was tasty and fresh! The service was great and the atmosphere was nice and quaint. We ate in the dining room (as opposed to the take-out place next door) which was packed with all sorts of folks - young and old, families, college kids, etc. We will be back sometime soon but next time I will leave the heels at home! :)

• Visited January 2013