“Best meal of my whole 3 month USA trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Best meal of my whole 3 month USA trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was travelling with 2 friends after finishing work at a summer camp in New York. We decided to come one lunch time before getting the subway into D.C. I thought the restaurant interior was lovely and the service was outstanding. Our drinks were refilled for free and without the need to ask. I realise this is more common in the US, as in Britain we don't have the free re-fill policy but it still seemed a lovely gesture. I shared a starter of chicken satay with a friend which was nice but it was the main course that impressed me the most. It was very fantastic and surprisingly so. I have a lot of Thai food at home and after eating some very poor quality meals during our trip we were enthusing over this one meal for the rest of our stay!! It was one of my friend's first Thai meal ever, and she was also very happy with it. I had a Pad Thai for my main course (my dish of choice back in the UK too) and it was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to both locals and tourists. It was one of the most authentic Thai meals I have had to date. After living off generally bad food since June we were elated with our choice of this restaurant as our 'splurge' for the trip (although at home this wouldn't be a splurge at all and it was actually very good value). Although the food in California was considerably better than the than the food in the East Coast as a whole, this was still one of, if not, my favourite meal I had in the US (New York, D.C, L.A, Arizona and Vegas). I would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Alexandria, Virginia
“Consistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We love to visit this restaurant from time to time and every visit is consistent for food and service. A great restaurant to break up the pace!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I Love Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great thai food! Decent prices. My go to. The exterior looks run down but the interior is very nice and spacious. Definitely recommend.

Visited September 2013
Arlington, Virginia, USA
“Favorite takeout place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great Thai food. Great prices. Friendly service. Quick takeout. When you're sick, get tom yum soup! When you want the best Thai noodle dish in town, get drunken noodles. If you want healthier, get ginger or garlic lover. Tip: request brown rice. The brown rice is great! Bonus tip: if you call and pick up, go earlier than the estimate (about 15 minutes) because they are often faster than the estimate. Go to Bangkok! They delivered to us during hurricane sandy!

Visited October 2013
Yorktown, Virginia
“Nice overall experience...good food, great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stopped in on a busy Saturday night and with reservations we were seated within minutes. Service was spot on the entire time from start to finish. Simply put - excellent.

Everyone enjoyed their meals and I would not hesitate to stop back again.

• Visited September 2013