“Left my purse, honest people work there.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Missouri
“Left my purse, honest people work there.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food was good, but I left my purse behind. When I returned more than an hour later, they were ll so nice and had it in the office. Non

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“Could have been better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had their happy hour drinks for $6 each, and $4 starters which they offered from 4:30pm to 6:30pm. The Moo Krob (deep fried pork belly) was flavorful and crispy; Larb gai rolls was good although we were surprised that the kitchen could not give us the sauce that would usually come with larb gai. I thought it will be easy for the kitchen to have this since it is a simple blend of lime juice and fish sauce. Tod mun was okay but had better ones from other restaurants. Panang chicken was tasty but the Deep Fried Squid with Basil was a disappointment. It was described in the menu as crispy but it was not. The squid was at least tender and not chewy but not crispy at all, even the basil which was supposed to be crispy was limp. We'll have to go to Thai Square for this dish then which Th Sq has perfected.

Restaurant had ample parking space at the back, and seemed to be popular for carry out or delivery as we saw lots of to-go orders by the cashier on our way out to the parking area. It is also next door to their grocery which offered a wide selection of Asian food items.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We turned to TripAdvisor when we were staying in Arlington - looking for a reasonably-priced restaurant for take-out (other than pizza). We found this one and were not disappointed. The pad thai and simple fried rice were delicious. Service was fast. Everything tasted fresh & homemade. Loved it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
McLean, Virginia
“Authentic Thai says the food is authentic Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our small group today enjoyed a very good meal at Bangkok 54. One of that group is a native Thai who makes sure to dine at Bangkok 54 at least once during every visit to Northern Virginia. We ordered a range of vegetarian and seafood main courses. Each one was delectably and skillfully prepared from fresh, high-quality ingredients. My authentic Thai friend spoke with the waitress in Thai to discuss how she wanted her food prepared--no problem. She explained to me some nuances regarding the menu items and said she particularly enjoys the food at Bangkok 54 because it is authentic Thai.

I can vouch that the larb is the best I have had in the DC metro area. My main course of pad cha was suitably spicy without being overwhelming, and its squid, mussels, shrimp and scallops were delicious.

After dining at Bangkok 54 restaurant, we shopped at the adjoining Bangkok 54 Oriental Food Market for those hard-to-find items the local supermarket chain doesn't seem to stock.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great beef Massamun curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Several Thai restaurants in the Columbia Pike area of Arlington, but I only had time for one. Although this one has great reviews, I picked it because it has Massamun curry (beef) on the menu, and I'm hooked on this dish. It did not disappoint. It's says slow cooked, and it tastes that way! Think pot roast beef and potatoes, but in a peanut and onion curry base. Beef was super tender. Best Massamun (or mussamun) curry I've had in years.

• Visited April 2013