“Great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We turned to TripAdvisor when we were staying in Arlington - looking for a reasonably-priced restaurant for take-out (other than pizza). We found this one and were not disappointed. The pad thai and simple fried rice were delicious. Service was fast. Everything tasted fresh & homemade. Loved it!

• Visited June 2013

McLean, Virginia
“Authentic Thai says the food is authentic Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our small group today enjoyed a very good meal at Bangkok 54. One of that group is a native Thai who makes sure to dine at Bangkok 54 at least once during every visit to Northern Virginia. We ordered a range of vegetarian and seafood main courses. Each one was delectably and skillfully prepared from fresh, high-quality ingredients. My authentic Thai friend spoke with the waitress in Thai to discuss how she wanted her food prepared--no problem. She explained to me some nuances regarding the menu items and said she particularly enjoys the food at Bangkok 54 because it is authentic Thai.

I can vouch that the larb is the best I have had in the DC metro area. My main course of pad cha was suitably spicy without being overwhelming, and its squid, mussels, shrimp and scallops were delicious.

After dining at Bangkok 54 restaurant, we shopped at the adjoining Bangkok 54 Oriental Food Market for those hard-to-find items the local supermarket chain doesn't seem to stock.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great beef Massamun curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Several Thai restaurants in the Columbia Pike area of Arlington, but I only had time for one. Although this one has great reviews, I picked it because it has Massamun curry (beef) on the menu, and I'm hooked on this dish. It did not disappoint. It's says slow cooked, and it tastes that way! Think pot roast beef and potatoes, but in a peanut and onion curry base. Beef was super tender. Best Massamun (or mussamun) curry I've had in years.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, Virginia
“A bang for your bucks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am not an expert in Thai food; however, I have eaten in many Thai restaurants in the DC Metropolitan Area, and in my modest opinion I must say that: "This is the best one so far!". The first time I took my kids to Bangkok 54 some time ago; my older at that time (16) grimaced at me; my middle son (12) looked at me with an expression of "Are you serious?"; and my daughter (7), told me: "Dad, I hope you know what are you doing". For them, this was a dictatorial, radical, revolutionary, and rebellious departure from McDonald's! After we ate at Bangkok 54, we all have returned time and time again.

However, we were there just this past week. The place is elegantly decorated with small figures and minute statues of Buddha, who by the appearance of his belly, must eat there a lot! My kids love the square chopsticks, and always ask for extra ones to take home. We love almost all food, but we are inclined to Spring Rolls, Satay Chicken, Tom Ka Soup, and Pad Thai; mostly. I love hot food so I always have a heavy fix of their fiery hot sauce on my food. I have such a compulsory dependency and rioter addiction to the sweet and sour dipping sauce for the Spring Rolls, that I had to sign up for Spring Rolls Anonymous! We also order for delivery. Often. The prices are pretty equitable, the patrons seems always cool, and the service very friendly and polite. Bangkok 54 gives you a Bang for your bucks!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Thai food in a city that has lots of Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Really good Thai food here. There are plenty of great restaurants in this city and plenty of Thai but this is one of the bestest. All the traditional dishes, all prepared perfectly.