“A bang for your bucks” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Arlington, Virginia
“A bang for your bucks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am not an expert in Thai food; however, I have eaten in many Thai restaurants in the DC Metropolitan Area, and in my modest opinion I must say that: "This is the best one so far!". The first time I took my kids to Bangkok 54 some time ago; my older at that time (16) grimaced at me; my middle son (12) looked at me with an expression of "Are you serious?"; and my daughter (7), told me: "Dad, I hope you know what are you doing". For them, this was a dictatorial, radical, revolutionary, and rebellious departure from McDonald's! After we ate at Bangkok 54, we all have returned time and time again.

However, we were there just this past week. The place is elegantly decorated with small figures and minute statues of Buddha, who by the appearance of his belly, must eat there a lot! My kids love the square chopsticks, and always ask for extra ones to take home. We love almost all food, but we are inclined to Spring Rolls, Satay Chicken, Tom Ka Soup, and Pad Thai; mostly. I love hot food so I always have a heavy fix of their fiery hot sauce on my food. I have such a compulsory dependency and rioter addiction to the sweet and sour dipping sauce for the Spring Rolls, that I had to sign up for Spring Rolls Anonymous! We also order for delivery. Often. The prices are pretty equitable, the patrons seems always cool, and the service very friendly and polite. Bangkok 54 gives you a Bang for your bucks!

• Visited March 2013

“Good Thaims”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wife and I go frequently for tasty Thai food at reasonable prices. Extra parking in the back.

Try the butternut squash, shrimp, and panang curry dish or the seafood Drunken Noodles and you will be happy.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls, New York
“Spicy and flavorful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went to Bangkok 54 for a dinner full of flavor and spice. The dishes were full of fresh ingredients and vegetables served with a beautiful presentation. The atmosphere was nice, elegant, yet also casual and comfortable. The staff were great. The prices were reasonable. This place is a winner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern VA
“Unique dishes at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Most authentic Thai food in the DC Metro area! Many dishes you cant find at typical Thai restaurants makes this a great restaurant to try when you're craving something different. Nicely decorated restaurant makes this a great retreat from other offerings in the area as well.

What I love most about eating at Bangkok 54 is visiting the market (separate store at the same location). It's a great treat to bring home Thai snacks and other ingredients!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Johnson City, TN
“Best Thai in DC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Took my family here and have a great dinner.
Everything on the menu was good.
Pud Thai with chicken and chicken fried rice was to die for.

• Visited December 2012