“BEST Pho in DC area” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Brunch, Seating, Takeout
Arlington, Virginia
“BEST Pho in DC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've tried several of the Pho places in the DC area and this one is the best by far. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited March 2013

Singapore, Singapore
“You'd better love the pho, 'cos there's nothing else!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The pho is here is very good - fragrant (as it should be), rich stock, authentic - and you can add extra (tendons, beef balls, brisket, etc) at a cost. However, if there are people in your party who want something else other than pho, that's just too bad, because there isn't any! You'd have to venture farther, for instance to Falls Church, VA.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lam N
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Delicious, unpretentious Pho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a great pho restaurant. I love the flavor of the broth, the copious amounts of beef and the great noodles. It is the ultimate comfort food and Pho75 delivers it simply and consistently. The condiments are good quality and set the standard for other pho restaurants. The Vietnamese coffee or fresh lemonade are also nice.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Innkeeper_8DyerHotel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“PHO 75 GREAT PHO FO LO PRICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I just got back from my first visit to PHO 75. I must say I have had a lot of PHO around the world and this place must be in my top 5 for quality PHO. I highly suggest that you order a side of onion in vinegar with your PHO and dump the whole thing in along with your other add ins. The price was amazing and reminded me that some places in the DC area still don't gouge your wallet for a good meal. Parking can be tricky but worth parking on the street and walking if the lot is full. My only disappointment was having my server forget our water and having to chase him down. No biggie though because the place was packed and I'm sure he was busy. Side note, there was a line out the door when we got there but it only took maybe 10min to be seated. Also the do have PHO to GO for an extra fifty cents. Then next time that I am in a rush I may give it a try. Their call ahead number is (703)525-7355. I say give them a try!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Vince B
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Pho for beginners or more advanced palates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you haven’t tried Pho noodle soup, this is a great place to start. I had my first Pho here a number of years ago. The dining room is plain, simple, and offers tables for two to four as well as longer tables that they will seat several groups with empty spaces between diners. But don’t let the simple décor fool you, the soup is delicious, hot, and full of flavor.

I often get the #9 regular bowl, which has meats that are already cooked. The heat of the broth is meant to cook the raw beef they use in their other options, but I prefer to be on the safe side with my meat being fully cooked regardless of the heat of the broth.

They offer a regular and a large sized bowl. The regular is substantial and plenty of food for even someone with a good appetite. That being said, I have ordered the large a couple of times and never had any soup left over.

On the side, you are given a plate of thai basil, lime wedges, jalapeno slices and bean sprouts to garnish your soup, if you so choose. I am a big fan of maximizing the amount of thai basil I use, adding one lime wedge, and several jalapeno slices. I find the bean sprouts awkward to eat and don’t feel they add much, so I tend to leave them out.

The prices here are quite reasonable, with a regular bowl being $7 and a large $8.
I am not sure how kid friendly the soup is. My son is 2 and I don’t think he is ready for Pho just yet. The restaurant gives me the impression of being very kid friendly, it is just that the noodle soup might be hard for little fingers to manage without making too much of a mess. So for now, my husband and I usually enjoy this place when we can have lunch together on our own.

• Visited January 2013