“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 683 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Richmond, Massachusetts
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place has the hardest working owner in the business. Clearly he loves his work.
The food is great and the atmosphere funky and comfortable. I had the seared ahi tuna. It was great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
GA
“Great food and there's parking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This a hidden gem. Spouse ordered calf's liver, bacon and onions and I had spinach and cheese ravioli. Outstanding atmosphere,food and service. Not expensive. We had our own "happy hour" at the hotel and walked a block and wanted water with dinner. The bill was he bill was $37! Extensive menu-seafood, beef, pasta, salad, good bread, Evoo,balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper cellars. Easy, casual, delicious, satisfying...and as a bonus, there's pull in-not parallel parking. Put on your list. Ask for Frank, the owner and expect an elegant gentleman. This place suits him.

Alexandria, VA
“Nice lunch with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My college roommate and his wife were in DC for a meeting and we had decided to get together for lunch before dropping them off at National Airport on the 1st of October. My wife suggested Village Bistro in Arlington as we have had many great meals with friends there in the past. This time was no exception.
We all started off with small luncheon salads, followed by fresh seafood and pasta. I had the seafood combination of shrimp, mussels and scallops with a spicy tomato based sauce,as did my friend. His wife had a vegetable pasta dish, while my wife had mussels in white wine sauce. The portions were just the perfect size for the luncheon occasion. Staff service was attentive, as always, and the quality of our meal was excellent. My wife and our guests had a glass of wine late in the meal , while I, as the DD, stayed with iced tea.
This was the perfect send off for our friends who come to visit us yearly. They really enjoyed the fare and the atmosphere was great.
The one slight problem we encountered was that we had a little visitor as we were finishing up. There was a bug of some sort that came on to the table, which l quickly dispatch of. After further examination, it was a small cockroach. I asked our waiter to come over and view the critter. He was very apologetic and said that the burger joint next door was closing and the space was being renovated for another type of short order venue. He explained that the restaurant had been having many such occurrences since the changes started next door and was so sorry. He took off the charge for the wines, which was appropriate in this situation. This was a very small distraction to our wonderful lunch. We have never encountered any problems dining here and we cast off the bug incident as described by the waiter. Village Bistro still remains one of our favorite dining venues in the DC area. We will keep bringing our friends and out of town guests to enjoy this gem of a restaurant in Arlington, VA.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Food like northern italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Found this close to hotel in small shopping center. Renaldo was our waiter. Had wonderful salads with house made dressings, mussels with spicy pomodpro, "small" plate of fine sustainably caught halibut. Owner was very aware of all customers. Wish it were in my home

• Visited September 2013
Jersey Shore
“Quirky but Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

After much TripAdvisor searching for a place to have Italian close to our Rosslyn hotel location, I zeroed in on this place. We almost missed it walking by because of the small strip mall location and the menu was somewhat different than what we saw on TripAdvisor - we weren't actually sure we were in the right place. We walked in about six PM on a Saturday night and got a table immediately (very quiet weekend in DC area). Our server was enthusiastic and friendly but the service was a bit uneven for such a quiet night.

We shared a Caprese salad, he had the ravioli, I had the veal piccata (with mashed potatoes and perfectly cooked carrots, green beans, etc. on the side) and we shared the pistacio cheese cake. Just delicious! Highly recommend and I hope I'm back in the area some day so I can eat here again.

• Visited August 2013