“new favorite thai restaurant?!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Update restaurant details
Ranked #54 of 654 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Arlington, VA
“new favorite thai restaurant?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

There are many good Thai restaurants in northern Virginia. This is among the best. Located in a simple neighborhood strip mall, Thai Noy offers delicious cuisine in a beautiful setting at very reasonable prices. The interior is pleasant and calm. Silk paintings on the wall; wooden tables painted in muted but colorful designs. I started with crispy springrolls, which were good. But next time I think I'll order the fresh spring rolls which looked wonderful (a generous portion of 4). Pad Thai (vegetarian) and garlic eggplant were fragrant, delicious and generous. Enjoyed my leftovers for dinner with a smile on my face! Service was attentive. And our group appreciated the separate checks. Will definitely return for another wonderful meal!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
Virginia
“Great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

Thanks to comments on TripAdvisor we had a wonderful dinner there. The pad see ew was the best I've ever had in this area. The Panang curry and the Massaman curry were also very tasty although the meat in the Massaman curry was on the verge of being tough. The portions were so generous that we had enough leftovers for another meal. The service was also very good. We would definitely come back.

Arlington, Virginia
“Friendly Neighborhood Restaurant With Terrific Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

In an unassuming strip center, you walk into Thai Noy and it's like you've walked into a friend's house. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff, including the owner, greet you. There's quite a variety of menu items. My preferences: Crispy Rolls (or Spring Rolls especially during the summer), Mekong Chicken or the Salmon Special. No matter, you'll likely have tomorrow's lunch (or dinner) to take home, the portions are that generous. Thai Noy has a limited beer list and they try new wines regularly, so check out the selection. Just like at a good friend's house, you'll walk out happy to have made the visit.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manhattan Beach, California
“As Good As Laos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife is Thai, I was also stationed on the Thai/Laotian border for two years. The cuisine and area is referred to as Isaan, generally the spiciest, and now very popular. We go back every year for weeks or months at a time. My son and his family recently moved to Arlington, and he told me of a great local Thai restaurant, run by a Lao.
The six of us went there last friday-and it was fantastic!
The dishes were very authentic, cooked the traditional way, with no obvious shortcuts.
We had the Gai Yang (chicken) with sticky rice, and som tam (papaya salad), all were delicious, and the portions were exceptional for a Thai restaurant. We also had Rad Nah( stir fried wide noodles with chicken and vegetables in a sauce)-excellent. Sea food cow pad (fried rice) exceptional! not greasey at all, not overcooked. We also had a Yum Moo (wild boar) salad, which was reccomended-it was wonderful.
We live in the Los Angeles area-and this place beats most restaurants in Thai Town!
The decor is very nice, and the service was helpful, although they were busy.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“We can't resist it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

We've been going here for years and take all our out-of-town friends here as well. This place is one of those best-kept secrets ... they don't advertise and they're kind of tucked away in the Westover neighborhood. The Peninsula YumYum salad is to die for, and I always get the fresh spring rolls as well. I'm addicted to Thai Noy -- and believe me, I've tried plenty of other Thai restaurants in this city and others. I recently ate with friends at a Thai place in Georgetown of all places, and the food was absolutely tasteless (and expensive!).

• Visited February 2011