“Friendly Neighborhood Restaurant With Terrific Thai Food” 5 of 5 stars

Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #17 of 677 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Arlington, Virginia
“Friendly Neighborhood Restaurant With Terrific Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

In an unassuming strip center, you walk into Thai Noy and it's like you've walked into a friend's house. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff, including the owner, greet you. There's quite a variety of menu items. My preferences: Crispy Rolls (or Spring Rolls especially during the summer), Mekong Chicken or the Salmon Special. No matter, you'll likely have tomorrow's lunch (or dinner) to take home, the portions are that generous. Thai Noy has a limited beer list and they try new wines regularly, so check out the selection. Just like at a good friend's house, you'll walk out happy to have made the visit.

• Visited November 2011

Manhattan Beach, California
“As Good As Laos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife is Thai, I was also stationed on the Thai/Laotian border for two years. The cuisine and area is referred to as Isaan, generally the spiciest, and now very popular. We go back every year for weeks or months at a time. My son and his family recently moved to Arlington, and he told me of a great local Thai restaurant, run by a Lao.
The six of us went there last friday-and it was fantastic!
The dishes were very authentic, cooked the traditional way, with no obvious shortcuts.
We had the Gai Yang (chicken) with sticky rice, and som tam (papaya salad), all were delicious, and the portions were exceptional for a Thai restaurant. We also had Rad Nah( stir fried wide noodles with chicken and vegetables in a sauce)-excellent. Sea food cow pad (fried rice) exceptional! not greasey at all, not overcooked. We also had a Yum Moo (wild boar) salad, which was reccomended-it was wonderful.
We live in the Los Angeles area-and this place beats most restaurants in Thai Town!
The decor is very nice, and the service was helpful, although they were busy.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“We can't resist it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

We've been going here for years and take all our out-of-town friends here as well. This place is one of those best-kept secrets ... they don't advertise and they're kind of tucked away in the Westover neighborhood. The Peninsula YumYum salad is to die for, and I always get the fresh spring rolls as well. I'm addicted to Thai Noy -- and believe me, I've tried plenty of other Thai restaurants in this city and others. I recently ate with friends at a Thai place in Georgetown of all places, and the food was absolutely tasteless (and expensive!).

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, VA
“Delicious food, wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

We live nearby and eat in the restaurant or get take out at least 3 times a month. The food is excellent. My husband loves their salmon special and they are kind enough to make it for him even when it is not listed as a special. I love their mekong peanut sauce and as I am a vegetarian, I very much appreciate that they will substitute tofu for the meat in just about any dish. My kids love their Crying Tiger appetizer as well as their Pad Thai. The decor is very relaxing, with peaceful and serene scenes all around. Two brothers own the place and treat their guests with great care. Can't say enough good things about Thai Noy!

Charleston, SC
“The best Thai in Northern Virginia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

Thai Noy is hands down the best Thai restaurant that I have ever been to. Having formerly lived down the street from the restaurant, my husband and I would order dinner from Thai Noy at least three times a week. The food was consistently excellent and wonderfully prepared according to our specifications (very, very spicy!) The staff was very warm and welcoming, and they always greeted us by name. Having been spoiled with outstanding Thai food for many years, I am very sad that I now live in Charleston where there is absolutely nothing comparable. I am seriously considering a weekend trip back to Arlington for the just to get a "fix" of Thai Noy's Drunken Noodles and Pad Prik.