“Best diner menu ever” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 693 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Quito
“Best diner menu ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

It's like a mirage, a diner with the traditional decor of booths and individual juke boxes yet a menu with vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options.You'll still find all day breakfast and milkshakes like any great diner. I ordered the Santa Fe veggies which had to be the most colorful plate of food I've ever seen. It was very tasty but just a tad too salty. The toddlers enjoyed their pancakes and hamburger. A friend loved his strawberry milkshake and bruschetta. We'll definitely return again. Waiter was great but didn't check in during our meal so we didn't get drink refills.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, Virginia
“Lots of Vegetarian Options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have eaten here several times and as a vegetarian, I have to say their food selection is quite good! They have many dishes that are vegetarian and gluten free and the service has always been friendly.

Visited September 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Do NOT go if you have food allergies”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Not safe for food allergies but looked like fun for other diners. There was a kids menu, a juke box on our table and lots of kid friendly touches like a cardboard car.

There is a small parking lot but its a nice looking building with a pleasant lobby area.

The employees not only did NOT understand food allergies but became angry when we asked questions.

I tried to order food for my nut allergic child and the waiter kept saying "there's no nuts in the restaurant why do you keep asking." Well I'm looking at a menu listing peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, pine nuts and so I KNOW that there are nuts in the restaurant.

He became angry the third time I tried to explain that she would get sick if she had nuts in her food and so I gave up and just ordered water and juice for her. Unfortunately, then I saw black specks in her water glass and asked for a new one. He said in a loud sarcastic tone "there's no peanuts in there".

I will never return and would highly recommend no one with food allergies go to this location.

That said I noticed that the restaurant was good with kids and my kids enjoyed visiting it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food wit great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Never seen a pesto burger on a menu so I had to try it it was so good to bad we don't have a place like this back home

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WDC
“Favorite Diner Chain in the DMV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Unique, locally sourced foods with an eclectic menu of delicious options. I love the salmon sliders, the goat cheese bruschetta, the bison burgers and of course all of their shakes are great. My nieces and nephews love that there is a page in the jukebox dedicated to kids music. Totally recommended!

Visited August 2013