“Good but expensive for a family with 3 kids” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Good but expensive for a family with 3 kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Good but expensive for a family with 3 kids. I enjoyed their pad Thai and pineapple rice. The service was excellent. Their fountain drinks were awful, something wrong with the mix.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bethesda, MD
“Fills the bill for Thai food, moderate price, tasty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Although the construction going on seems like a barrier, it doesn't take away from the good food available from an attentive staff and strong kitchen. You'll find all of your favorites and little risk. Staff is helpful in making choices.

Visited August 2012
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“OK-ish Thai Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

The Thai tea tasted a little funny, the Tom Yum was greasy, as was the Prik King. The service was good, as were the prices.

Arlington, Virginia
“Favorite Thai restaurant--I'm a loyal regular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Love, love, love Sawatdee. The hubs and I have been fans even before their recent renovation, but we love the fresh, modern update. We eat here or order takeout at least once every other week, and haven't been disappointed yet. Service is consistent and efficient, and the expansive menu is full of great choices. I am a big repeat-orderer, so I usually end up either getting Pad Thai or Chicken Rama (I don't really do spicy), or sometimes I'll just do a Chicken Satay and Kao-Klook appetizer. Kao-Klook (spicy coconut rice) might just be my very favorite menu item. Duck roll, crispy duck, lamb saffron rice, and Kana crispy pork are also great, and some of my husband's faves. The menu and website are packed full of mouth-watering pictures that make me want to try everything, but like I said, I'm a big repeat-orderer/creature of habit, and sometimes nothing sounds better to me than a relaxed, casual dinner of Kao-Klook and Pad Thai (either in their dining room or on my couch) from Sawatdee. Like, right now, for example...I think I know where we'll be tonight!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

On our recent trip to DC, we stayed at a hotel near this restaurant in Arlington. Sawatdee is located in a small shopping area right by the elevator at the Courthouse Metro stop. I believe they offer delivery, too.
Food was delicious and very reasonably priced. My sons had Pad Thai and Lemon Chicken, both good. I had Drunken Noodles which was perfectly spicy, along with Thai iced coffee. All was delicious and serving sizes were generous. Service was impeccable. Lots of locals were eating here and I can see why. Wish we'd found this restaurant earlier in our trip, we definitely would have eaten here more than once.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere