“OK-ish Thai Food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“OK-ish Thai Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

The Thai tea tasted a little funny, the Tom Yum was greasy, as was the Prik King. The service was good, as were the prices.

Arlington, Virginia
“Favorite Thai restaurant--I'm a loyal regular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Love, love, love Sawatdee. The hubs and I have been fans even before their recent renovation, but we love the fresh, modern update. We eat here or order takeout at least once every other week, and haven't been disappointed yet. Service is consistent and efficient, and the expansive menu is full of great choices. I am a big repeat-orderer, so I usually end up either getting Pad Thai or Chicken Rama (I don't really do spicy), or sometimes I'll just do a Chicken Satay and Kao-Klook appetizer. Kao-Klook (spicy coconut rice) might just be my very favorite menu item. Duck roll, crispy duck, lamb saffron rice, and Kana crispy pork are also great, and some of my husband's faves. The menu and website are packed full of mouth-watering pictures that make me want to try everything, but like I said, I'm a big repeat-orderer/creature of habit, and sometimes nothing sounds better to me than a relaxed, casual dinner of Kao-Klook and Pad Thai (either in their dining room or on my couch) from Sawatdee. Like, right now, for example...I think I know where we'll be tonight!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

On our recent trip to DC, we stayed at a hotel near this restaurant in Arlington. Sawatdee is located in a small shopping area right by the elevator at the Courthouse Metro stop. I believe they offer delivery, too.
Food was delicious and very reasonably priced. My sons had Pad Thai and Lemon Chicken, both good. I had Drunken Noodles which was perfectly spicy, along with Thai iced coffee. All was delicious and serving sizes were generous. Service was impeccable. Lots of locals were eating here and I can see why. Wish we'd found this restaurant earlier in our trip, we definitely would have eaten here more than once.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zagreb
“Food was just OK, service bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We visited this restaurant for lunch on Saturday, June 19. Place was almost empty. The waitress was not very happy to see us, we had to wait 10 min for menus and water. She was putting food on the table without saying a word, and no smile at all during 1h we spent there. Even though the food was OK (except rice was warmed up), we will not come back. There are better Thai restaurants in this neighborhood.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manama, Bahrain
“Great Thai, reasonably priced, recently redecorated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I tend to take visitors here. I haven't had a complaint yet. The choices are endless, yet there isn't a bad pick. If you are struggling, I have found the waiter suggestions helpful. Fast, helpful service. Reasonable prices. Delicious food. What isn't to like?!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere